Best place for a drink near the pier

Brainless2

We are going to be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. The kids and I are planning on an excursion but the hubs thinks he wants to sit this out out and just grab a drink or two. Any suggestions for place within walking distance of the pier?

There are a few bars right at the pier. They can also take a quick cab ride or 20 minute walk to down town for more options of bars, restaurants and shops. I would go down town. More fun than the pier area.

We are going to be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks. The kids and I are planning on an excursion but the hubs thinks he wants to sit this out out and just grab a drink or two. Any suggestions for place within walking distance of the pier?

There are three piers in Cozumel. It all depends which ship you are on and which pier you dock at, as to what is close-by.

Fwiw, if he wants some quite relaxing time ( and perhaps , is a tightwad like me), there is 7/11 across from port ( I think beers at bars are $6-!).

There are benches you can sit on while drinking , I even saw a few recliners near water last Jan.

I always stop at 7/11 when returning, grab some cheap beer to drink while I stroll around

and then just sit and look at the ships.

I speak for all husbands in saying we all like cheap beer :p

Fwiw, if he wants some quite relaxing time ( and perhaps , is a tightwad like me), there is 7/11 across from port ( I think beers at bars are $6-!).

There are benches you can sit on while drinking , I even saw a few recliners near water last Jan.

I always stop at 7/11 when returning, grab some cheap beer to drink while I stroll around

and then just sit and look at the ships.

I speak for all husbands in saying we all like cheap beer :p

Again it would depend on which pier op is at.

FWIW I don’t think I have ever paid $6 for a beer in Cozumel, not sure which bars you have been to?

Thanks everyone! We will be at Puerta Maya port. We have been there before, but we just took an excursion right from the port. This time we are hoping to do something a little different and we felt like the Carnival port in Cozumel was so fake.

Again it would depend on which pier op is at.

FWIW I don’t think I have ever paid $6 for a beer in Cozumel, not sure which bars you have been to?

I agree. When we eat away from our resort I drink beer at most bars and restaurants since most of the time it's less than water. A couple to $3 tops for a beer anywhere including Coconuts on the far side of the island

your husband might want to take a taxi to town then.

I agree! Take a taxi into town lots of bars in and around the square. We like Woody’s, Kelley’s sports bar ( although I understand it has new owners), No Name Bar.

Alternatively if he doesn’t want to go to town he could take a taxi the other direction to Money Bar.

Within walking distance he has El CID, Ernesto’s, Tikila Bar, longer walk Turquoisa.