What time can you get into your cabin

wendybflo

Don't know what ship or when you are sailing, but I highly recommend getting Faster to the Fun, especially if you have kids, a lot of carry-ons or a not so healthy person with you. That way you get on earlier, your cabin is ready, and you can chill until muster.

I always ignore the signs telling you that your cabins won't be ready until around 1:30. If I get on the ship at 12 I'll go straight to my cabin to drop my stuff off. The cabins are ready most of the time but even if they're not I leave my stuff in the closet and come back later.

I always ignore the signs telling you that your cabins won't be ready until around 1:30. If I get on the ship at 12 I'll go straight to my cabin to drop my stuff off. The cabins are ready most of the time but even if they're not I leave my stuff in the closet and come back later.

That's pretty smart. It's also one of the reasons they are slowly phasing out giving the key cards out at check in. The keys will be available when the cabins are open.

And complain when you go back because your stuff is missing. If cabins are not ready til 1:30 don't just place your stuff there. Cabins are not secured until that stated time. If a steward walks in they might think the previous guest left their stuff

And complain when you go back because your stuff is missing. If cabins are not ready til 1:30 don't just place your stuff there. Cabins are not secured until that stated time. If a steward walks in they might think the previous guest left their stuff

That person is a troll, I'm starting to think it's a young kid but none-the-less, it's a troll. Look at their previous posts, the only thing the person does is bash Carnival, brag about removing tips, talk about how the rules don't apply to them (going in the room when the doors are closed and says not to), and so forth. I wish a moderator would just hurry up and ban them already.

It will be hard to get in your cabin ,when you won't have the key/card . The room card is no longer given to you when you check in ,, They are put in your mail box when the cabin is ready ,,The door is locked until that time

It will be hard to get in your cabin ,when you won't have the key/card . The room card is no longer given to you when you check in ,, They are put in your mail box when the cabin is ready ,,The door is locked until that time

Not fleet-wide yet. S&S cards were still given at check-in when embarking in New Orleans as late as last December.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That isn't true for all embarkation ports yet. We cruised on the Paradise in October. Our cards were given to us when we checked in. We had FTTF and when we went through the doors to our cabin, all of the cabins that hadn't been cleaned yet had the doors open. As we approached our cabin, the door was open. Even though it was suppose to be ready, it hadn't been cleaned yet. The steward was in the cabin across the hall and told us that it wasn't ready yet. (Like we couldn't tell.) We put our carry-on in the closet and went to the Lido deck. After eating we went back to the cabin and it was ready and our luggage was already there.

I haven't sailed Carnival since 2016. On the Breeze back then we still got a S&S card at check in.

Are all Carnival ships not giving these at check in now?

I'm curious, how do they manage the boarding process? Previously they required you to

show your card to 19 people on the way up to the ship then they scanned it when you board.

I haven't sailed Carnival since 2016. On the Breeze back then we still got a S&S card at check in.

Are all Carnival ships not giving these at check in now?

I'm curious, how do they manage the boarding process? Previously they required you to

show your card to 19 people on the way up to the ship then they scanned it when you board.

its more streamlines now. If the card is in the mailbox. they take your picture when you check in-- and that picture goes to your sign and sail card. You just preset your boarding pass for walking in the ship.

But not all the ships have this process yet.