Uber at FLL cruise port

applehazar

Uber is allowed and it's not a problem. It's used every day at the port, constantly. They have a waiting area for drivers and full procedures in place for Uber/Lyft. We need to stop this rumor.

I have heard Uber is a problem at FLL Cruise port. Does anyone have information if Uber to and from FLL Cruise port is now allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem with Uber. They picked us up right in front of the terminal.

Uber is easy at this port. HOWEVER, when we were there in August, we walked ourselves off the ship and just walked right up to a cab. We were flying from FLL airport, so the cab ride was less than $20. Uber won't be much cheaper. For me, using the cab and having immediate service and no need to fumble my phone while dragging luggage was worth the $5 extra.

But back to the OP...the uber from the port is simple. It was more of a hassle at the airport...but uber is getting to be a hassle at EVERY airport these days. So FLL is no worse than anyone else.

I have heard Uber is a problem at FLL Cruise port. Does anyone have information if Uber to and from FLL Cruise port is now allowed?

There was a problem back in 2011 (forget when Uber first started) But that is long ago.

Way too much for such a short drive. Assuming you mean from the Ft L airport.

Way too much and it can kill your morale sitting on a bus for an hour waiting for it to fill up when you can see Allure or Harmony sitting right there! Grabbing a cab is cheaper and faster.

• 1 month later...

Surge pricing happens all the time so I wonder from others experience what the cost is. I surely can go to the Uber estimator but it won’t say whether surge pricing happens often when cruise ships come in. So experience is what I am asking Thank you

We had trouble with Uber from FLL airport to hotel upon arrival.

Not easy to figure out when to get picked up and when we were a few minutes finding driver, he yelled at us for taking up his time.

We refused the ride and took a cab.

Tried to use uber last month at FLL and they said they couldn't go to the spot that I was at even though other uber and lyft drivers were there. Took a taxi both ways for with no wait for $15 each way. The uber fair estimate was more than that.

I have avoided this kind of problem at ports and airports by finding out where the designated pickup spots are and making my way there. Using a porter makes things even easier as they know exactly where to take you.

It is a pain but I find that if I conform in this respect, everything else is easy. Picking up a Taxi is an easier option but not practical for long journeys like transfers to Miami.