Boarding time?

MoeMoe55

Just received an email from HAL re our upcoming cruise on the Eurodam. I’ve never seen this before on HAL but I guess it makes sense. I hope the Lido buffet is open late....

Boarding:

At your leisure - 4 & 5 Star Mariners and Neptune & Pinnacle Suite guests

1:00pm - Deck 7 & Deck 8 (Rotterdam & Navigation)

1:30pm - Deck 4 & Deck 10 (Upper Promenade & Panorama)

2:00pm - Deck 5 & 11 (Verandah & Observation)

2:30pm - Deck 6 & Deck 1 (Upper Verandah & Main)

That is ridiculous. It means nobody on decks 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 or 11 would board in time to go the Embarkation Lunch in the MDR unless they were in a Suite or 4 or 5 Star Mariners. :rolleyes:

Does that mean the Embarkation Lunch is now reserved for Neptune Suite, Pinnacle Suite, and 4 and 5 Star Mariners? :rolleyes:

I should have included the full message. Looks like they don’t want us there before 1:00at the earliest.

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

In order to facilitate a smooth start to your voyage, ms Eurodam will operate a progressive embarkation starting at 1:00pm. Guests with priority boarding may check in any time between the allocated check-in times. Those who've booked a transfer or hotel package with Holland America will be provided a check-in time at the airport or hotel. Guests who travel on shared transport or arrive as a group will be checked in together. Boarding will commence shortly after check in. We ask that our independent travelers on this sailing arrive at the terminal and board the ship per the below schedule:

I'm with Krooznut above. This is the Eurodam out of Seattle doing the Alaska cruises, right? They tried to pull this same nonsense on us last year, too. When we showed up at 11 am, there were already at least a couple hundred people in the waiting area. Boarding started at 11:30am, just like always, and we were enjoying lunch in the MDR at noon.

This is unsusal for this port, so it sets me wondering...

Are they anticipating, guessing or been notified that they will be getting a CDC inspection? If they are that does hold up boarding.

I recall previous threads where this was mentioned and people just ignored it. We got the same notice for our cruise too and we plan on going at our normal early time. I think they're just trying to spread the crush of humanity through the entire embarkation time rather than everyone showing up at once so pax aren't complaining about the long lines and the staff isn't super busy and then super bored. We'll see next Sunday.

It’s the Panama Canal out of Fort Lauderdale on April 18. I’m thinking of just ignoring the message and arriving around 11.

Eurodam is presently in dry dock.

They are probably requesting the later boarding schedule to give the crew time to get everything in place.

Aaahh, KK is right. This puts a different spin on it. Please disregard my earlier post; I thought MoeMoe was doing an Alaska cruise out of Seattle on Eurodam.

Sorry about that. I can't advise Moe Moe with any authority in this instance.

Thanks KK, I knew about the dry dock but never really thought about it taking more time for the crew to get the ship ready, makes total sense so I better follow the rules....missing one lunch won’t hurt us on this long cruise!

:cool: we never board before 3 or 3:30 for a 5 pm sail away. no lines onboard in 5-10 minutes and we don't register in advance. 38 cruises on various lines and it works well on all of them.

For us, that means missing up to 4 precious hours of onboard vacation fun, and we always register in advance.

Boarding typically starts at 11:30am (barring unforeseen circumstances), and we're usually onboard well before 12.

KroozNut..... I’m wondering about your mention of “pre register” before your cruises. We are boarding in Vancouver a week from Sunday (first cruise hence the probably dumb question), should I be filling out a pre registration something? We are in a Neptune suite if that matters. I’m all in for anything to speed up the process and start the fun!!

KroozNut..... I’m wondering about your mention of “pre register” before your cruises. We are boarding in Vancouver a week from Sunday (first cruise hence the probably dumb question), should I be filling out a pre registration something? We are in a Neptune suite if that matters. I’m all in for anything to speed up the process and start the fun!!

If you are referring to online check in, Yes you should do it. Print your boarding pass and you’re all done. You do walk up to the check in counter but you’ll be through it in no time. Then you’ll head to the boarding area for NS,PS and 4-5 Star mariners. You’ll be among the first aboard. We’ve always been in a NS and never been aboard later than 11:45. We drop our carry on in our room then we head to the Neptune Lounge to book our specialty dining and shore excursions. Then to the MDR. At 1:30, we’re lounging somewhere..[emoji41].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, I get it.... I’m so fricken excited about our cruise I did all that the first day it was available!!:cool: I’ve been obsessively checking on everything and I couldn’t believe I’d missed something LOL!!

Really, thanks to everyone of you for your responses to the multitude of ?? asked on these boards. You all are ambassadors for this industry.

We are at the terminal now for the Eurodam and they have stated boarding at 1:00 so they may be holding to their letter.

For everyone including

At your leisure - 4 & 5 Star Mariners and Neptune & Pinnacle Suite guests ?