Room service on NCL gateway

wruiz14

What's the continental breakfast? If I order a pot of coffee in the morning is there a 7.95 charge?
No, according to what NCL said you will not be charged. Continental breakfast us usually coffee and danish - not sure if juice is included in that on NCL, but is in some hotels.

There are no more $5 pizzas, you have to order the Room Service 10" personal pizza for $7.95

I don't believe this is accurate. The pizza fee isn't for room service it is for anywhere on the ship, $5 charge. The $7.95 fee is irrelevant for a pizza only order.

I don't believe this is accurate. The pizza fee isn't for room service it is for anywhere on the ship, $5 charge. The $7.95 fee is irrelevant for a pizza only order.

The Pizza 24/7 program has been discontinued with the new room service menu and charges. You can now only get a personal sized pizza and it can only be delivered to your cabin, no longer anywhere on the ship. It will be subject to the 7.95 fee.

I recently read that they are getting rid of the pizza delivery service and folding it into room service. So, once the policy becomes effective, you can only get pizza delivered to your cabin as part of room service.

2 items per person, per room covered by that fee. If you exceed that they will charge you more. Info from friends just off Getaway yesterday.

4 hour of breakfast continental style (no hot food) is still complimentary. For now.

We haven't cruised in a few years and have recently been thinking about booking one. We were leaning toward NCL, but with these recent changes, we're totally turned off. We'll probably end up on Carnival again. Limit of two room service items per person? For nearly $8? What? I've never in my life heard of anything so ridiculous.

We haven't cruised in a few years and have recently been thinking about booking one. We were leaning toward NCL, but with these recent changes, we're totally turned off. We'll probably end up on Carnival again. Limit of two room service items per person? For nearly $8? What? I've never in my life heard of anything so ridiculous.

Well, now you have. And if if the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard, you really haven't been listening.

2 items per person, per room covered by that fee. If you exceed that they will charge you more. Info from friends just off Getaway yesterday.

4 hour of breakfast continental style (no hot food) is still complimentary. For now.

Another poster on the Getaway reported that they ordered 6 items and were only charged $7.95 once. So we have conflicting reports.

So an appetizer, main entree and dessert would not be allowed. That is a little over the top.

I imagine people have been making large orders or placing one order for connecting cabins, etc. They have also cut out taking food from restaurants or ordering to go at O'Sheehans. Perhaps NCL should be listening to what that means; People are not happy with having a room service charge.

Rochelle

Which is more likely to be true...the first hand report from someone who actually just disembarked the Getaway or the "what I heard from someone" from "LoveyHowell"?

Think about it...the decision doesn't appear to be hard to make.

Guess we will have to wait for more reports to come in from folks that were actually on the ships, before we believe every order of 2 items incurred a $7.95 charge.

With such conflicting reports, this is how rumors get started.

from looking at this menu what exactly is included in the continental breakfast??

I would normally order a pot of tea , glass of juice, a fruit plate and a pastry can I still get this ?

This is the pay for menu.

The continental breakfast menu is separate on a hang tag.

The only thing included without a fee are the beverages at the upper right denoted with an asterisk as being available during the 3.5 hour breakfast window.

I will try to find out what was on that hang tag

Which is more likely to be true...the first hand report from someone who actually just disembarked the Getaway or the "what I heard from someone" from "LoveyHowell"?

Or perhaps both accounts are true. It wouldn't be unheard of for onboard staff to be confused about the implementation of a new policy. Remember the initial confusion when they changed the drink menus while implementing the 18% gratuity?

from looking at this menu what exactly is included in the continental breakfast??

I would normally order a pot of tea , glass of juice, a fruit plate and a pastry can I still get this ?

From memory, those items are all part of the continental breakfast door-hanging menu thingy.

I don't personally know the new poster with a single digit post count so I can't verify their claim. Only sharing what my friends have told me, who I can verify are real, living people :D

Guess we will have to wait for more reports to come in from folks that were actually on the ships, before we believe every order of 2 items incurred a $7.95 charge.

With such conflicting reports, this is how rumors get started.

It is not 7.95 for every two items charged. It is 7.95 charge up to two items per person, per room. 1 person = 2 items, 2 people = 4 items, 3 people = 6 items, so on and so forth.

Hey, I don't want to believe it either. It's a very cynical move if true by NCL. Perhaps whoever answered the phone did not fully understand the new(est) policies. I wasn't there. But instead of getting what they wanted, they skipped it, not something they've ever had to make a decision for on any NCL ship or any other cruise line ever. But I do trust the information given to me by friends versus a brand new poster that I don't know and can't verify if they were on the ship or not.

Maybe NCL themselves would like to clarify. That would be best