Escape early arrival in Miami 11/4

BikerAl

I'm boarding later today.

There is a "coast guard inspection" which will delay boarding til 1:00, which should make the whole process chaotic.

I wonder if the early arrival has to do with that, or if someone really got stabbed/sick/died/etc

Why would a delay for a Coast Guard inspection make the boarding process any more "chaotic" than it might already be? Makes no sense whatsoever IMO.

Makes perfect sense. If the inspection, or anything for that matter delays boarding, then you have all those folks backing up on the pier. As those people back up, room for people becomes tight. And if the coast guard also delays onloading of supplies and bags, that causes more issues as well. The inspection itself will also consume certain members of the staff, so they are unable to be helping towards the boarding process.

Why would a delay for a Coast Guard inspection make the boarding process any more "chaotic" than it might already be? Makes no sense whatsoever IMO.

Hah??? Because boarding will start 2 hours later. Leaving only 1 hour to check in and board 4500 passengers (1:00-2:00) vs the normal 11:00-2:00. And they have asked people not to show up to the port until 1:00.

We were also on this cruise...I do know it was related to the shipwide announcement at 11:50 pm on Thursday night for O negative blood donors to report to medical services immediately...per our cabin attendant. He said it was related to people in the same cabin but didn't give details. We were told by other cruisers at dinner on Friday night that one person did pass away and the other was critical. That is why they increased speed to get us back to Miami before midnight.

On Norwegian Escape's cruise that departed on October 28, there was a medical emergency onboard related to a guest's illness. The ship's medical team made an announcement asking anyone who was willing and able to please donate blood, which saved the guest's life. The ship returned as quickly as possible to Miami, so the guest could receive further treatment at a local hospital. The rumors of an altercation or domestic dispute are completely untrue and irresponsible. We thank our guests for responding to the call for assistance and commend the medical team and officers for their outstanding lifesaving efforts.

On Norwegian Escape's cruise that departed on October 28, there was a medical emergency onboard related to a guest's illness. The ship's medical team made an announcement asking anyone who was willing and able to please donate blood, which saved the guest's life. The ship returned as quickly as possible to Miami, so the guest could receive further treatment at a local hospital. The rumors of an altercation or domestic dispute are completely untrue and irresponsible. We thank our guests for responding to the call for assistance and commend the medical team and officers for their outstanding lifesaving efforts.

Thanks for clarifying, NCL!!

Thank goodness for NCL chiming in. Medical emergencies on ships are always full of rumors, speculation, and downright lies. Humans love to gossip and spread false information. I am glad the official report put all the nonsense to rest. No stabbing, No death, and the medical team of NCL saved a life with the assistance of passengers.

So glad NCL stepped in and made the post to put all the rumors to rest.

On another note, I am O-Negative. Which means I am a universal donor, but I can only receive O Negative blood. I always let the front desk know. To my knowledge cruise lines do not stock a blood supply. I do know they can type and cross match on board.

Just ready and willing to help and hope others do the same. It could save my life too.

I'm sure that NCL would "never" say there was a stabbing on their ship. Just as they said there was not a suicide /jumper on the ship I was on, that indeed there was. PR even with cruise lines is a powerful thing. The want everyone to think happy thoughts about the cruise not the negative.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I'm sure that NCL would "never" say there was a stabbing on their ship. Just as they said there was not a suicide /jumper on the ship I was on, that indeed there was. PR even with cruise lines is a powerful thing. The want everyone to think happy thoughts about the cruise not the negative.

You have proof?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They said there was a medical emergency on a ship I was on also. No medical emergency. It was a jumper/suicide yet they told all passengers another story. I'm just saying just because Norwegian comes in to follow up, it doesn't clarify what really happened. They want good PR, bottom line.

Any death would have to be documented. Especially in the US. Customs would report to police if not already done and you now would have a public record. If any cruise line said anything different then that would be worse PR because the truth would show up anyhow and then the cruise line looks worse lieing about it.

As such I would believe NCL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I am not saying NCL is not being truthful in that post, but I am wondering what type of medical emergency/illness/injury would cause a person to lose so much blood that an on-board blood transfusion would be necessary. I would think a very grave injury (such as a stabbing) would be the likely cause

I am not saying NCL is not being truthful in that post, but I am wondering what type of medical emergency/illness/injury would cause a person to lose so much blood that an on-board blood transfusion would be necessary. I would think a very grave injury (such as a stabbing) would be the likely cause

Blood transfusions happen for more reasons then one may think. How does one know if someone didn't have internal bleeding? The options are endless, and it doesn't need to result in a stabbing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums