Who to contact?

Howie411

Ok, so I recently was on the Carnival Pride for my Anniversary and I pre-ordered the Anniversary Room decorations. The description states: "A perfect surprise to enhance a cruise experience for the anniversary couple, decorate a stateroom with "Happy Anniversary" wishes; a festive cascade decoration with hanging hearts and anniversary wishes, 4 streamers leading off a center ceiling decoration, 4 danglers amongst the streamers add to the ceiling decoration, a 6 ft. long Banner proclaiming "Happy Anniversary", and a 20" table centerpiece."

Needless to say the banner in the room was 3 feet, maybe less. While that may not sound like a big deal, I did pay for this package with the assumption it would be 6 feet. When I emailed Carnival for a explanation and or partial refund they basically said. "Our staff has the authority to use substitutions when needed and a Happy Anniversary Banner was provided. We apologize for any further disappointments this may cause."

There was no fine print saying this, a company can't just change what you purchased. That is like if I purchased an OceanView cabin and got an interior cabin.

Short of filing a charge-back with my CC is there anyone else I should try to contact before going that far?

Not really a fair comparison saying it's like going from an OV to an inside. You got the decorations. They just weren't long enough to stretch across like you would have liked. If they gave you a substitute item, I wouldn't bother taking it any further. Maybe that's all they had in stock. And I agree with the above post. That stuff is wayyy overpriced. Those decorations in a party store aren't more than 10/15 bucks.

Happy Anniversary!!!

Did you get all the other items promised in the description? If so, I'd let the banner thing go. If not, I'd ask for a partial refund. Those things are overpriced anyway.

I did get the other items, but like you said these are overpriced, so at the very least I want what I paid for.

I think we all have different perspectives when it comes to customer service, quality of merchandise, etc. so if this is a battle you want to fight I would call Carnival customer service and work through the levels until you are satisfied.

After reading your Balmoral Island review (rant), perhaps cruising is not for you?

Maybe not, but as the customer I should get what I paid for. If I went to a hotel for my anniversary and this happened the same rules would apply. Also my review of Balmoral Island should not be a factor. I went on 2 other excursions and they were great. The Balmoral Island excursion is new to Carnival and there wasnt many reviews, so I gave my honest opinion.

so for 3 feet of a plastic banner, that would of repeated happy anniversary again , you knew going in that the anniversary package was over priced, did you partnernotice that the 3 feet of the banner was missing, were they upset ....most likely not. for a banner that you can get at any $ store you are going to waste your time. Go ahead if it makes you happy but sure sounds pretty petty to me. What exactly did you want them to do when leaving port, float over to the next island and purchase a 6 foot banner

what would make you happy a fruit basket maybe ,

Let your credit card company deal with it. You've probably wasted $5 worth of minutes of your life already on this.

I wish people wouldn't automatically recommend that everyone do this! You do realize that the credit card companies must pay someone to deal with these disputed charges and they pass their expenses along to the rest of us. Right?

And, imho, there's nothing to dispute! OP ordered a decorations package and received a decorations package.

Perhaps if OP had come here and asked if people recommended purchasing the room decorations, he would've read that they were overpriced and pretty much a waste of money.

so for 3 feet of a plastic banner, that would of repeated happy anniversary again , you knew going in that the anniversary package was over priced, did you partnernotice that the 3 feet of the banner was missing, were they upset ....most likely not. for a banner that you can get at any $ store you are going to waste your time. Go ahead if it makes you happy but sure sounds pretty petty to me. What exactly did you want them to do when leaving port, float over to the next island and purchase a 6 foot banner

what would make you happy a fruit basket maybe ,

You are correct, you do deserve what you paid for and also correct in the fact that your Balmoral review has no bearing. I found your Balmoral review very imformative by the way, thanks.

That being said, I would let this issue drop. What happened does suck and the banner should have been 6 foot as described, but I cannot see a resolution you will be happy with coming from Carnival.

Have you seen the photos on menus at a McDonald's? Or a Denny's? Have you seen the photos on packaging of any frozen meal?

You expected one thing, and you did get it, but was just not quite what you expected...

Same thing, IMO.

Good luck. You can use that $10 and treat yourself at McDonald's.... just don't be disappointed. Or you'll have to start all over again. :rolleyes:

Have you seen the photos on menus at a McDonald's? Or a Denny's? Have you seen the photos on packaging of any frozen meal?

You expected one thing, and you did get it, but was just not quite what you expected...

Same thing, IMO.

Good luck. You can use that $10 and treat yourself at McDonald's.... just don't be disappointed. Or you'll have to start all over again. :rolleyes:

I over heard the best complaint in my life - and it was about packaging, it left me laughing for days.

Ok here it is:-

I am standing in the queue in a supermarket and a woman goes up to the service desk in front of me and complains about the disposable barbecue she bought the previous week.

When she had opened it to use on the beach it wasn't like the picture (the front cover which was of a barbecue with lots of meat on it and when she opened it if only was a ready to light barbecue - no meet.

Well I was already trying not to laugh- but she fininshed me off with her next sentance.

the server answered saying the photo was only to show how it was used.

The woman's reply :D But I though it was a bargain, if it had al that meet on it that's why I am returning this opened one I thought the meat was missing- I bought 4

The server - well where are the other 3

The woman - In my freezer- I wanted to keep the meat fresh

Me- I left the store tears rolling down my face- I couldn't even finish my shop.

Maybe not, but as the customer I should get what I paid for. If I went to a hotel for my anniversary and this happened the same rules would apply. Also my review of Balmoral Island should not be a factor. I went on 2 other excursions and they were great. The Balmoral Island excursion is new to Carnival and there wasnt many reviews, so I gave my honest opinion.

Take the criticisms on the site with a grain of salt hun, I've been heckled to death for inappropriate behavior. If you do not agree perfectly with everone on this site then you are ridiculed for being different.

Ok, so I recently was on the Carnival Pride for my Anniversary and I pre-ordered the Anniversary Room decorations. The description states: "A perfect surprise to enhance a cruise experience for the anniversary couple, decorate a stateroom with "Happy Anniversary" wishes; a festive cascade decoration with hanging hearts and anniversary wishes, 4 streamers leading off a center ceiling decoration, 4 danglers amongst the streamers add to the ceiling decoration, a 6 ft. long Banner proclaiming "Happy Anniversary", and a 20" table centerpiece."

Needless to say the banner in the room was 3 feet, maybe less. While that may not sound like a big deal, I did pay for this package with the assumption it would be 6 feet. When I emailed Carnival for a explanation and or partial refund they basically said. "Our staff has the authority to use substitutions when needed and a Happy Anniversary Banner was provided. We apologize for any further disappointments this may cause."

There was no fine print saying this, a company can't just change what you purchased. That is like if I purchased an OceanView cabin and got an interior cabin.

Short of filing a charge-back with my CC is there anyone else I should try to contact before going that far?

If you have already contacted Carnival and didn't get satisfaction, why not try asking John Heald on his blog or try the FB page. Lots of people say they get good help with problems from the FB page.

I over heard the best complaint in my life - and it was about packaging, it left me laughing for days.

I am standing in the queue in a supermarket and a woman goes up to the service desk in front of me and complains about the disposable barbecue she bought the previous week.

When she had opened it to use on the beach it wasn't like the picture (the front cover which was of a barbecue with lots of meat on it and when she opened it if only was a ready to light barbecue - no meet.

Well I was already trying not to laugh- but she fininshed me off with her next sentance.

The woman's reply :D But I though it was a bargain, if it had al that meet on it that's why I am returning this opened one I thought the meat was missing- I bought 4

Me- I left the store tears rolling down my face- I couldn't even finish my shop.

When I first read this, I thought to myself "no way" did this happen. Then reality hit me and of course this happened!!! There truly are some "exceptional" people out there, and I'm related to a good number of them. Thanks for the laugh!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I needed a really good laugh today. :)

Archived