Half Moon Cay Cabanas

niciediva007

My family of four (hubby with two kids, 11 and 9) are headed to HMC and Nassau in November for 5 nights out of Jacksonville via elafion. The day we arrive in HMC is my 40th so we reserved a little Cabana.

For anyone who has ever reserved one what are the pros and cons of the locations? I was thinking to reserve #7, 8, 6, 9, or 10 in order of preference. We want to hear music from the pirate ship but don’t want to be fully engulfed in crowds. We want bathroom facilities fairly close and a bar not too far away.

My family of four (hubby with two kids, 11 and 9) are headed to HMC and Nassau in November for 5 nights out of Jacksonville via elafion. The day we arrive in HMC is my 40th so we reserved a little Cabana.

For anyone who has ever reserved one what are the pros and cons of the locations? I was thinking to reserve #7, 8, 6, 9, or 10 in order of preference. We want to hear music from the pirate ship but don’t want to be fully engulfed in crowds. We want bathroom facilities fairly close and a bar not too far away.

I'd do 8,9 or 10. 6 and 7 will have quite a crowd in front of them.

we got cabana 11 as we wanted to be within a 5 minute walk to the bathrooms and lunch buffet. the crowd thins out after cabana 7.

I'd do 8,9 or 10. 6 and 7 will have quite a crowd in front of them.

we got cabana 11 as we wanted to be within a 5 minute walk to the bathrooms and lunch buffet. the crowd thins out after cabana 7.

So the lunch buffet is not near the pirate ship but further down?

10 was perfect for us.

I made sure to have fttf and went directly to excursion desk to get the one i wanted.

On Carnival Elation they some new Grand villa suites on the upper most deck. We have FTTF as a result of our booking so that’s good. We arrive in Jacksonville the night before so we should be able to board early.

We had number 11. Had people in front of cabanna but couldn't hear music. Close to washrooms though.

Is the walk from 11 far from the tender? I worry about our walk back to the tender area. We have two kids and want to milk the beach for all it’s worth. I didn’t want to have to hustle to make the last render pickup. Are the instructions for when to begin getting back clear?

Is the walk from 11 far from the tender? I worry about our walk back to the tender area. We have two kids and want to milk the beach for all it’s worth. I didn’t want to have to hustle to make the last render pickup. Are the instructions for when to begin getting back clear?

No need to walk. They have trams that run you to your cabana, and then pick you up afterwards.

DSCN2810-XL.jpg

We have done Cabana 10 a couple of times, and loved it. It's next to the bathrooms, but there is not much of a crowd. If you want to be closer to the Pirate Bar, then you would probably want to be at one of the lower numbers like you had listed. Here is a link to another thread that might be helpful.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1875986

Based on what you've said, I would choose #9 or #10. The restrooms are behind #10 & #11. Cabana # 9 would put you a little closer to the music, but not be too far of a walk to the restrooms.

I've chosen cabana #10 three times, (and I'm hoping to make it four, in June)! It's perfect for us: away from the crowd, within a short walk of the Pirate Ship Bar, and near the restrooms. When you check in with your ticket on the island, they'll send you to the tram, which will transport you to the cabana. When you are ready to depart, go to the road and a tram will be by soon!

#9 is our favorite! Definitely go to the shore excursion desk and stand in line. Worth the wait to get the cabana you want. There is waiter service at the cabanas so you don’t have to leave your cabana.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had #8, it's right down from the bathrooms and right in the middle, which the walk to the pirate ship bar and the BBQ area wasn't far at all. Warning though: it's pink :)

We also had Cabana #8. Great Location, you hear the DJ from the Pirate Bar down by the beach, but in the Cabana, only a very faint back ground music...

RR's were a few steps away, and the buffet was fairly close.

# 8, 9 or 10 is my recommendation, unless you like the loud DJ "music". Then 4, 5, 6 or 7 are the loudest and crowded out front.

We also had Cabana #8. Great Location, you hear the DJ from the Pirate Bar down by the beach, but in the Cabana, only a very faint back ground music...

RR's were a few steps away, and the buffet was fairly close.

# 8, 9 or 10 is my recommendation, unless you like the loud DJ "music". Then 4, 5, 6 or 7 are the loudest and crowded out front.

Yeah, from what you all are saying, I think I’ll follow your recommendation. DD and I love pink! And since it’s my birthday DH and DS will just have to deal! Lol.

Since the latter number cabanas can’t really hear the music, how obnoxious would it be for us to bring our own Bluetooth speaker? We usually do this when we beach in the states but these cabanas seems relatively close to one another. In my experience the sounds of the speakers doesn’t carry far over the sound of the wind and waves but have you see others do this? What reception are they given. Don’t want to be “those” people.

Since the latter number cabanas can’t really hear the music, how obnoxious would it be for us to bring our own Bluetooth speaker? We usually do this when we beach in the states but these cabanas seems relatively close to one another. In my experience the sounds of the speakers doesn’t carry far over the sound of the wind and waves but have you see others do this? What reception are they given. Don’t want to be “those” people.

Here's what I would do. After you turn on your music and set it at a moderate level, step out of your cabana and walk away for about 5 feet. If you can hear the music, turn it down a bit. The cabanas are roughly 10 feet apart. If you notice your neighbors glaring at you, you might have to turn it down a bit more.