Clothing for Budapest to Prague in April?

gladgirl

Most weather websites seem to say low's in the 50's, highs in the 60's but if you look at last couple yrs the actual highs and lows in the cities along the Danube range from low 40's to low 70's....

I really want to pack light but not sure how to do it with such a wide range of temps...any suggestions?

We had everything from snow flurries to the 60's. The best advice is to look at the forecast closer to the time of your departure, and pack accordingly. Long underwear was our best friend.

Robin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did a Danube cruise recently and I think you definitely need to planning for rain. Maybe 4 or so of the 19 days had significant rain during parts of the day.

I did not pack a true rain jacket, and maybe should have, but my down jacket worked fine too.

Was never all that cold in my opinion, and while I packed a thin sweater or too, I only wore it once or twice as an intermediate layer.

We plan to dress in layers and have the ability to strip off as the day warms. I generally have a waterproof layer as the outer layer whether or not it is actually raining. If the outer layer isn't needed because it's too warm, it just goes into the backpack.

It also depends on where you live and what you are used to. If you are from a warm climate, then you'll need extra layers because you are really going to feel those temperatures.

I've always packed a zip front hoodie...like a sweatshirt . Sometimes putting up the hood blocks that cool breeze or drizzle that can seep down your neck. Also works well worn backwards on the plane if you want to sleep and feel cozy.

RB

Is having an umbrella a good idea or just a good rain coat/waterproof layer?

Thanks.

Layers of clothing work best and either a small umbrella or a lightweight poncho with a hood.

Bring one pair of thick soled, sturdy walking shoes. The cobblestone streets are pretty rough and uneven. Save the dressier shoes for the ship and/or towns in the evening.

Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends when in April.... We did Bucharest to Budapest a few years ago at the end of April - and we hit high temperatures... 30+ degrees Celcius in Budapest. There could be quite a difference in temperature between Budapest and Prague.

Pack layers.

Fran