Okay to board the Paradise, drop off luggage, and leave the ship for a while?

ZoeyVictoria

I would like to check in and board the Paradise, drop off carry-ons and have a Guy’s burger, then leave the ship to walk around for an hour or so. Can this be done? If so, would we go back to where we entered the ship and head down the gangway and out the terminal (against all the traffic)? Then walk through the terminal and back on board later? Or, is there a different exit/entrance once you are checked in?

You dont mentioned what port you are in.

Ive done that on a B2B in Galveston, picked up a cold the first week onboard from touching something it seems. So, i wanted to go to CVS.

Was pretty easy to get back on, i pretty much could by pass the lines, though I had tons of ship employees warning me to be back onboard at least 30 minutes before the ship set sail. the briefing is about a hour before and if you dont want to do it later by yourself get back a hour before ship leaves.

Bit of a hassle but can be done. Prepare to have a lot of people warn you to get back onboard in time.

A couple of years ago we sailed on Paradise and friends of ours wanted to leave the ship because they l left a piece of luggage in their car. The car was parked in the parking garage across the street from the terminal. The staff would not let them leave the ship. I don’t know if that is their policy or was the policy at the time, but they sailed without a piece of luggage they forgot that cruise because the staff would not let them leave the ship after they boarded.

unless the ship was sailing within the next hour, you can get off. As I have said numerous times on numerous threads, people are afraid to complain. If it were 1 PM with a 5 PM departure, you can bet I would have retrieved my luggage. As someone else said, you are not their prisoner. What if you just changed your mind and decided you did not want to cruise?