Finally ALASKA cruise

Peggy Ann

Well I just booked our Alaska cruisetour on Island Princess for August 2018. I know that's a long time away but I won't cruise short notice and I am picky about location and cabin type. I am excited about this trip. I grabbed a mini suite on deck 9. I hope a good promo comes along so we will have more spending money for the land tour. First ever cruise on the Princess line. Only because of Alaska. I am a loyal to Royal otherwise. I will check roll call and meet n greet later on. I hope some of you will also be coming along.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY CRUISER FRIENDS, Peggy:D

We also booked a 2018 cruise. Ours is September 1 & 8... Star Princess b2b.

Is is my retirement present to myself.

First time on B2B

First time in Alaska

First time to fly for cruise

Second time on Princess

Well I just booked our Alaska cruisetour on Island Princess for August 2018.

First ever cruise on the Princess line. Only because of Alaska. I am a loyal to Royal otherwise.

I am sure you will enjoy your Alaska tour on Princess, as we did before. Merry Christmas to you too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

We will be making our 4th AK cruise this time r/t our of Seattle next summer. I think you will find the smaller ship (Island Princess) interesting and much easier to navigate. Hopefully you have Glacier Bay on your itinerary. With Princess always watch the sales as you can call Princess in most cases (or your TA) to get in on the sale. If you are a military veteran don't forget the OBC Princess gives ($100 OBC for 7 day cruise) and the fact that Princess allows pax to stack OBC. The M&G is not sponsored by the CD but rather formed and run by a fellow pax.

@Peggy: I hope it is early August. Wildlife and warm weather will welcome before the September storms.

Hope you have extra days planned at your bonus Vancouver port. Lots of tourist activities.

This August 31 it was HOT (shorts weather) on the cruise in most ports. Cold near the glaciers, of course. We've cruised three times in late August/mid-September and generally had great weather. Usually rains one day out of the whole cruise. Moral: Alaska can be freezing in July or boiling in September. Wear layers and have a hooded water-resistant long jacket any time you go.

Well I just booked our Alaska cruisetour on Island Princess for August 2018. I know that's a long time away but I won't cruise short notice and I am picky about location and cabin type. I am excited about this trip. I grabbed a mini suite on deck 9. I hope a good promo comes along so we will have more spending money for the land tour. First ever cruise on the Princess line. Only because of Alaska. I am a loyal to Royal otherwise. I will check roll call and meet n greet later on. I hope some of you will also be coming along.

This is unlikely. It is rare that a cruisetour gets a good promo.

Even if the cabin category itself has a great promo, it will not apply to the pricing of a cruisetour.

So what you need to watch for is a sale on the cruisetour, not on the cabin pricing without a tour.

First time on B2B

First time in Alaska

Second time on Princess

We also booked on Star but we booked a cruisetour so we will be joining you on the September 8th cruise. This will be our first time for Alaska as well.

We typically cruise Royal or Celebrity, but liked the itinerary all around on Princess for this once-in-a-lifetime trip. This is my husband's bucket list trip. We originally were going to do this for our 25th wedding anniversary but things happened and we ended up postponing for 13 yrs! I promised him this time we would make it work so praying nothing unforseen happens and we can finally go.

First time on B2B

First time in Alaska

Second time on Princess

I hope you enjoy the B2B, we haven't done that. I am sure you will love Alaska, all our friends have been but us.

Yes we are going Aug 11th. I think that will be good to see everything and not freeze.

We have been 5 times during that time period and only 3 days was I not in a tee shirt and shorts. It does get cooler in the evenings but the days are generally mild.

Mike:)

I hope so. We want to see wildlife and the glaciers calving I hope. My dream is to see the whales.:)

I would strongly suggest Harv and Marv for a whale watching trip. Small boat with only 4-6 people onboard.

http://www.harvandmarvs.com

Liz Stahl is our favorite captain, she has always produced.

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

Yes we are going Aug 11th. I think that will be good to see everything and not freeze.
Did two trips on that second week of August.
  • On both trips.... half the time was wet.
  • Hot when the sun was out, cold when the rain came.
  • The salmon were returning and the wildlife was active.
  • Look for a whale watch combo when in Juneau.

You can book your shore excursions if you are willing to pay for them now. We're on the Emerald 9/3/17. This will be our second Alaska cruise. I found that there was little price difference between the private and Princess excursions. They are expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums