Muster Drill Bingo

runnerodb83

You should be paying attention during the muster drill, not playing games. It is extremely important to know what to do in an event of an emergency. People will blame it on the cruise line for problems, but what about those passengers who failed to pay attention during the drill?

You should be paying attention during the muster drill, not playing games. It is extremely important to know what to do in an event of an emergency. People will blame it on the cruise line for problems, but what about those passengers who failed to pay attention during the drill?

They'll be the first to file their lawsuits.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looking for something to kill the time during the Muster Drill? Download the PDF on this site for up to 6 players! Loser buys the first round!

The muster guides, etc. walk around and ask people

not to use their phones during the muster drill.

The muster guides, etc. walk around and ask people

not to use their phones during the muster drill.

If you get there early enough to get a seat, you will have some time to play BEFORE drill instructions begin, at which time you will of course pay attention. :D

If you get there early enough to get a seat, you will have some time to play BEFORE drill instructions begin, at which time you will of course pay attention. :D

Yep. Don't want to quash anyone's fun, but they do make you pay attention.

Wow, didn't expect this response. It is bingo, with phrases pulled from the safety presentation, so its implied that you have to LISTEN to the presentation to play and ultimately win.

Sorry to have made folks so upset.

It should be obvious to anyone who gives it more than a moment's thought that listening for words to get bingo is not at all the same thing as actually listening to the presentation. Sure, you've heard it a million times already and think you're so cool, you don't have to pay attention any more, but I can guarantee you that my students who have that attitude are the first ones to crash and burn on their final exams. As the stack of exams I just finished grading will attest. It's not a question of failing to appreciate the genius of the idea because we lack a sense of humor. (Although, if you're going to go there, the bingo idea isn't actually funny or genius.)

Wow, didn't expect this response. It is bingo, with phrases pulled from the safety presentation, so its implied that you have to LISTEN to the presentation to play and ultimately win.

It is a safety briefing that you should pay attention to as it also shows how to put on an item that might save your life. For some reason playing bingo on a digital device will not do that. Put down the device for the time it takes. Then afterwards play all you want.

It is a safety briefing that you should pay attention to as it also shows how to put on an item that might save your life. For some reason playing bingo on a digital device will not do that. Put down the device for the time it takes. Then afterwards play all you want.

Just so we are all clear...

-It's in PDF format so you print it out

-You arent supposed to use your phone during muster anyways

-The bingo "answers" are select phrases from the muster drill, if you have trouble listening, comprehending, and then marking corresponding phrases on this card - then this game is not for you (even though games are a great way to learn http://news.stanford.edu/2013/03/01/games-education-tool-030113/)

-No one is forcing you download this game or play it

Sometimes the reading and comprehension displayed on this forum (or lack thereof) is thought provoking to say the least.

Edited by runnerodb83

Just so we are all clear...

-It's in PDF format so you print it out

-You arent supposed to use your phone during muster anyways

-The bingo "answers" are select phrases from the muster drill, if you have trouble listening, comprehending, and then marking corresponding phrases on this card - then this game is not for you (even though games are a great way to learn http://news.stanford.edu/2013/03/01/games-education-tool-030113/)

-No one is forcing you download this game or play it

Sometimes the reading and comprehension displayed on this forum (or lack thereof) is thought provoking to say the least.

Just so we are all clear - this is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever come across.

Love the Muster bingo concept! Runner, I agree that you would have to be listening to the drill to play (especially educative for younger passengers I'd think). For those who have been on a particular ship multiple times, I can't imagine the drill would change all that much.

Frankly, it's commonsense how to respond in the event of a shipboard emergency. On a plane it's a very different matter in my view. Paying attention to safety briefings with absolute attention is absolutely essential, especially when things are far more likely to happen very fast in an emergency compared to a ship. Yet I wonder how many of those criticising the bingo concept give their undivided attention to the crews when they fly?

Now, I admit the bingo game wasn't what I thought it would be. Perhaps more fun could be had with squares like:

- passenger walks in wearing life jacket

- one person blows their belt whistle

- someone goes to the wrong muster station

- someone brings a cocktail to the muster

- someone is told to get off their phone

- someone abuses you for playing Muster Bingo :D

Before I get criticised, I will say that I always pay attention during the Muster. For those who find the whole experience tedious (because they are regular cruisers), here are some tips for surviving the safety brief:

- always arrive 5-10 minutes early so you don't get stuck behind people on stairs/can get in an elevator with ease

- sit close to the exit but somewhere not easily accessible by those with mobility issues (else you might get asked to move further in, thereby holding up your quick departure)

- bring something to read while you wait (if you travel solo or your partner annoys you)

- don't put your mouth on the lifejacket whistle (nasty)!

- try to predict the next phrase said by the crew member in charge

- observe the radio chatter by the crew, especially after the briefing and you're looking to make a quick exit

- at the end, go one level down from Muster on the stairs and press the up button for the elevator to ensure you get a space (only necessary if going up)

I'm sure everyone who is berating you here pays rapt attention to the safety briefing before their flights take off as well. :rolleyes:

Looking for something to kill the time during the Muster Drill?

The gist of your post is you suggest people play some game

during the muster drill.

I think most (all?) of the posters replying got that.

You're just upset that the other kids in the sandbox

don't want to play with you.

Love the Muster bingo concept! Runner, I agree that you would have to be listening to the drill to play (especially educative for younger passengers I'd think). For those who have been on a particular ship multiple times, I can't imagine the drill would change all that much.

Frankly, it's commonsense how to respond in the event of a shipboard emergency. On a plane it's a very different matter in my view. Paying attention to safety briefings with absolute attention is absolutely essential, especially when things are far more likely to happen very fast in an emergency compared to a ship. Yet I wonder how many of those criticising the bingo concept give their undivided attention to the crews when they fly?

Now, I admit the bingo game wasn't what I thought it would be. Perhaps more fun could be had with squares like:

- passenger walks in wearing life jacket

- one person blows their belt whistle

- someone goes to the wrong muster station

- someone brings a cocktail to the muster

- someone is told to get off their phone

- someone abuses you for playing Muster Bingo :D

Before I get criticised, I will say that I always pay attention during the Muster. For those who find the whole experience tedious (because they are regular cruisers), here are some tips for surviving the safety brief:

- always arrive 5-10 minutes early so you don't get stuck behind people on stairs/can get in an elevator with ease

- sit close to the exit but somewhere not easily accessible by those with mobility issues (else you might get asked to move further in, thereby holding up your quick departure)

- bring something to read while you wait (if you travel solo or your partner annoys you)

- don't put your mouth on the lifejacket whistle (nasty)!

- try to predict the next phrase said by the crew member in charge

- observe the radio chatter by the crew, especially after the briefing and you're looking to make a quick exit

- at the end, go one level down from Muster on the stairs and press the up button for the elevator to ensure you get a space (only necessary if going up)

I would add...bring an earpiece so you can listen to your music during the whole boring procedure and get a seat where no one will notice. :D