deadline for adding a 2nd passenger

iltutcruiser

A couple of things to consider...even though there may be a berth open in your cabin, Carnival has to look at the capacity of the ship. If there are a lot of 3rd and 4th passengers on board, you may not be able to add a person. Be prepared that they may charge the 2nd person a different fare than the one you received. Your friend may have to pay a higher fare if the price of the cabin has gone up.

Roz

A couple of things to consider...even though there may be a berth open in your cabin, Carnival has to look at the capacity of the ship. If there are a lot of 3rd and 4th passengers on board, you may not be able to add a person. Be prepared that they may charge the 2nd person a different fare than the one you received. Your friend may have to pay a higher fare if the price of the cabin has gone up.

Roz

Thanks so much Roz, I had not even considered the capacity . Makes sense. Guess I will just give up on trying to find a roomie and just go solo !!

Actually, since you are already paying for double occupancy, the other person would not be paying a higher fare - it is already paid. When I added my sister to a cruise I had booked, the additional fare was only the taxes and port charges of $23+. This was in 2009 for the Dream transatlantic. (She still hasn't paid me). EM

Ditto on Rod posting. On one of my solo cruises, a friend wanted to join me and share the cabin. But she couldn't because ship was at maximum passengers. We were shock because just assume since two beds no issue (she had just started a new job and wasn't sure if she could take a vacation was the reason for late add)

If you are still hoping to add someone, add a name now. This will preserve your space in the ship capacity (life boat space). It's a fairly low fee to change a name closer in to sail, or the person can be a no show and you'll get the port fees etc. back so no harm if you can't find anyone. HTH

Roz is correct. We are waiting for our son to decide who (if anyone) he is bringing on our upcoming cruise. The PVP stressed that we should keep in mind that if the ship reaches capacity, he would not be able to add a roomie. So, we shall see...

Roz is correct. We are waiting for our son to decide who (if anyone) he is bringing on our upcoming cruise. The PVP stressed that we should keep in mind that if the ship reaches capacity, he would not be able to add a roomie. So, we shall see...

Thanks, may just leave it at solo and forget it !