First cruise as "DIAMOND"

My husband and I are first time "diamond" level for our cruise on the serenade sailing March 17, 2017.

Can anyone help us with the perks we should be getting or any advice on getting the most out of being a diamond cruiser.

Any suggestions or advice would really help.

What type of drinks can we order in the diamond lounge?

Thanks so much....

I thought I read someplace that there is a place for a private continental breakfast and coffee?

any info on that?

That would the the Diamond Lounge/Club, deck 13, outside facing centrum elevators.

Accessible 24 hours for complimentary specialty coffee.

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning, except possibly the last morning.

My husband and I are first time "diamond" level for our cruise on the serenade sailing March 17, 2017.

Can anyone help us with the perks we should be getting or any advice on getting the most out of being a diamond cruiser.

I just wanted to say Welcome to the Club. We enjoyed our first cruise as Diamond on Oasis last April. Enjoy.

On our first D cruise I felt like we had made it to the promised land. :D

have a great cruise.

I have to chuckle at this because it was the same for us. We were on Oasis and the Diamond club entrance is at the back of deck 11. When we put our cards in the door the doors automatically open. The sunlight that days was strong coming through the class at the back end of the Boardwalk area. It really did give a gates to heaven sort of impression. I wish I'd had my camera ready.

We are cruising as a first time Diamond in April. I have looked at the Diamond perks and do not see free 24 hour internet listed. Am I missing something?

The free 24-hour internet is part of the onboard coupons, and is not published on Royal's website.

Just did my first cruise as Diamond last week!

The internet is listed as an "internet coupon" - it is the equivalent of 24 hours free (on my cruise, $19.99). You can use it for either 24 hours or apply it to a package. You can apply the coupon on your own device - very easy to use.

I also took advantage of the free 8x10 photo but ran into a weird issue. I had my seapass scanned for my parents photo (they are not yet diamond) so when I went to the kiosk and inserted my seapass, their picture came up (as expected). I flagged down a crew member to ask how to apply my coupon and he said that I have to be in the picture! I told him they're my parents and it is clearly on my seapass. He said "it doesn't matter! We look at the picture to make sure you're in it! If you're not, you have to pay!" Umm... after standing there puzzled for a few more minutes, another crew member approached and asked if I needed help. I asked how to apply the coupon, he did it for me (turned out I didn't need their help!), and bingo! No issues! No issues when I picked it up the following day either.

Other perks - diamond lounge/3 free drink credits from the limited diamond menu per evening (this varies by ship but was 5-8:30pm on my sailing). Specialty coffee machine in the lounge was out of order for the majority of my cruise so they were honoring the free specialty coffee in the promenade cafe and in the plaza bar in the Windjammer.

You can utilize the concierge in the diamond lounge but I didn't (and he didn't even introduce himself or acknowledge me when I was in there). They can help with dining reservations, account issues, airline check-in, shore excursions, etc.

And as mentioned above - make sure you set your preferences for your in-room amenity - you each get a bottle of water and a non-alcoholic beverage.

There was also a plate of (stale) cookies in my room on boarding. There was no note but I assume that was the chef's choice amenity? I saw them walking by with carts of stuff at other times for certain rooms but did not get anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off, having been Diamond for a while, we were reminded let photographers take many photos, we avoided them. Then had to pick 2 as free perk.

Breakfast in MDR had a separate entrance for Diamond, free capuchins.

Diamond lounge drinks, wings, snacks.

3 free drinks on card each night, most bars.

Did use free internet last 2 days.

Embarrassed for some Diamond members, grabbing beers, bringing to room.

We rarely used all the drinks, if too many play pig eventually it will lead to an end for an excellent rewards program. Some were hoarding drinks, not cool!

Enjoy, while in the Diamond Lounge there is a wealth of information from fellow, seasoned cruisers.

Also if you buy 100 plus shares of RCL you get $200 on board credit on each 12 night cruise. Celebrity and Royal benefits transfer for the cruise you choose, but loyalty points go to each line.

The stock pays a dividend as has done quite well, we own in our iras. And you have to submit forms prior to cruise. Info at RCL stock benefits.

It pays to be loyal, on Celebrity, we're Elite, 2 bags laundry free, plus 2 pressing, and one dry cleaning! Yea RCL!

Here are the on board offers.

Note that the 25% off tournament entry fee is no longer offered as a perk.

image_zpssbyuxkvs.jpeg

Thanks for the quick response on my Free Internet question. I just took advantage of the 50% off Voom Internet for my Anthem cruise ($8.99 per day for a 12-night cruise). Thought I may have wasted my $, but it will give me internet connectivity for all 12 nights rather than a 24 hour consecutive clock..

I purchased 100 shares of stock many years ago with it was at about $6.00 a share - for the perk reasons. I enjoyed some on board credit immediately after purchasing it and pretty much totally recouped the purchase price. The stock has done very well. BUT - with RCCL always running a promotion, most of the time the shareholder OBC cannot be combined. I've pretty much stopped requesting it just to be told sorry - not applicable because you got a promotion. It was nice while it lasted.

We are cruising as a first time Diamond in April. I have looked at the Diamond perks and do not see free 24 hour internet listed. Am I missing something?

I was able to use it on both my Oasis and Majesty cruise no problem. Very easy to use.

Take the later dinner seating so you can spend more time in the lounge with some drinks and don't be shy about getting to know the other D members, we've made some really great cruising friends that way.

I second that.

The free 24-hour internet is part of the onboard coupons, and is not published on Royal's website.

When logging in and setting up your account, you are given two options for the free 24-hour benefit as well as other options for multiple day packages These options, I believe, prompt you to apply coupon. With one option, it's no-cost. The other does end up with a balance. I mistakenly hit this button once. When I saw the charge, I went to GS and the agent removed the charge.

Also, you can apply the value of the coupon ($19.99?) to any of the packages.

I also took advantage of the free 8x10 photo but ran into a weird issue. I had my seapass scanned for my parents photo (they are not yet diamond) so when I went to the kiosk and inserted my seapass, their picture came up (as expected). I flagged down a crew member to ask how to apply my coupon and he said that I have to be in the picture!

If you have access to the printed copy and take it directly to the checkout, they don't seem to mind at all. (probably some exception to that somewhere. Royal is consistently inconsistent. )

If you have access to the printed copy and take it directly to the checkout, they don't seem to mind at all. (probably some exception to that somewhere. Royal is consistently inconsistent. )

Actually that was my first cruise where there were no pre-printed photos! It was all digital! Granted I've always avoided the photographers in the past and only used them this time for the freebie! :)

Anyway all is well - luckily the same guy wasn't there when I picked it up the following day! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums