Taxi fare from Miami cruise terminal to Miami airport

yoj13

Friends of ours will be disembarking in Miami next month and will need to get to Miami airport for their flight home. They've asked for my assistance on this, but as it's a little over a year since we did this trip ourselves wondered if there is anyone who can indicate what the correct fare should be now. From memory I think we paid approx $30 (plus tip) but due to rising gas prices its possible that this has changed. Thank you

If they have a smart phone and put the Uber app on it with credit card information they can use Uber. And usually you can get a coupon code for the first ride. Use taxi as back up plan and it is a flat fee (taxi) of $27.00 before tip. Me I would use Uber or Lyft.

Keith

When you booked the Uber did the app tell you a specific pick-up point? We are neophyte Uber users and took the $27 cab because we were afraid that if we used Uber we might have trouble meeting up with our ride in such a crowded place.

Depends on the terminal on the pick up point sometimes, but a good driver will call or text to confirm the pick up location. One way to avoid the chaos that is the typical arrival area is to negotiate an out of the way less crowded pick up point, like departures.

This was also my first time with Uber. I was somewhat nervous (how in the world would he find me). I was watching a woman next to me also doing Uber. A driver picked her up before I could ask her if I was doing it correctly. So I just stood there and hoped I did everything correctly. I got the notice about what brand car was picking me up. A minute later the driver that picked the lady up came back and dropped her off at the same place he picked her up. Then my driver came right to me. Maybe some of them are psychic and just pick the right person out.

Glad to hear the replies! We also use Uber when possible but were also concerned about the pick up in all of confusion of the departing passengers. I think we will give it a try in January.

DH drives for Uber in our area and it is amazing. When he started driving, after a few trips, he got an "evaluation" from Uber. They told him his stopping was great but that he accelerated a little too fast. He adjusted a little and then got a message that his acceleration was great. So, they do monitor their drivers and passenger can give the drivers ratings so it all combines to make a better experience.