Children on board

Pretty Woman

I am cruising the Med on NCL Epic from 8th July 2018 with my son and grandson. This will be their first cruise. Does anyone know the percentage of children on board around this time. I have cruised many times but always outside of school holidays. Thank you.

I highly doubt that any cruise line would release that information.

Princess does. They will tell you if a particular age group is sold out and/or how many slots are left.

The caps on minors within their age group [pre school, grade school, teenagers] are based on safety and medical emergency capacity, not on how many will be in each kid's/teen's club group. So the numbers for each sailing are readily available to customer service agents.

Princess does. They will tell you if a particular age group is sold out and/or how many slots are left.

The caps on minors within their age group [pre school, grade school, teenagers] are based on safety and medical emergency capacity, not on how many will be in each kid's/teen's club group. So the numbers for each sailing are readily available to customer service agents.

Learn something new every day.

Many kids in Europe will generally still be in school then. This is especially true for us Brits and northern continental Europe (Germany etc...). Some southern Europe nations will have broken up earlier but will be on lines like MSC and Costa.

So it will depend on how many North American families you have on the cruise and a few rogue European ones missing school/home schooled.

My guess is there will not be a lot compared to the Caribbean.

So if you’ve got a 10 year old and they’ve reached their capacity for that age group, you can’t book?

There will definitely be some kids, but I wouldn't be very concerned about that as this is a Med cruise where except for 1 day, you will be off the ship from 8am to 5 or 6pm everyday. So...not sure it will matter if there are lots of kids or not because your grandson won't have much time to go to the kids clubs except in the evening (maybe) and the one day at sea where I expect he'd want to try bowling and going on the waterpark slides and ropes course.. And in the evening your grandson will want to have dinner, and going to the kids clubs late at night would be a problem because he has to get up so early the next morning. But in terms of cruise lines, NCL caters to families with kids and I would expect there will be quite a few of these families on this cruise.