Amsterdam Lanai Cabins

mame42

My TA just called to tell me that she had an email from HAL advising that all the new Lanai cabins would have the new showers and no tub.

Works for me.... much easier to enter/exit. I have a Lanai booked for 2019 WC.

Tom

Bad thing about the tubs is the very high step required to get in - to take a shower. Only tub I have ever used on a cruise is a hot tub on Lido deck. This will make things safer for us.

Bad thing about the tubs is the very high step required to get in - to take a shower. Only tub I have ever used on a cruise is a hot tub on Lido deck. This will make things safer for us.

And the new showers are to die for. On my last cruise I speculated about how I could take it home.

Passengers might have been better served if some of the Lanai cabins were left with the combo tub/shower, while some of the remaining outside cabins were converted to shower-only. That way there would have been a choice within both cabin styles to suit the variety of choices.

Families with young children might like a Lanai, but still want a tub for the kids. Tall or mobility impaired adults might want an outside cabin, but the ease of a shower stall.

Passengers might have been better served if some of the Lanai cabins were left with the combo tub/shower, while some of the remaining outside cabins were converted to shower-only. That way there would have been a choice within both cabin styles to suit the variety of choices.

Families with young children might like a Lanai, but still want a tub for the kids. Tall or mobility impaired adults might want an outside cabin, but the ease of a shower stall.

Good point about more choices. Can a lanai take more than 2 people? I thought the reconfiguration changed the furniture.

Can a lanai take more than 2 people?
I don't see any that are triple or quad ... or for that matter anything on the LP deck that are. Interesting that they only gave the A-dam about half the number that they put on Rotterdam. Maybe that says something about their popularity.

Does anyone know whether the Amsterdam will get showers without tubs in the balcony cabins? I hate those tubs and haven't been on a ship with them since our last HAL cruise a few years ago.
There are many B & BC cabins at the fwd end of deck 6 that are marked with * designating shower only. Also six SB at the aft end of deck 7.

I don't see any that are triple or quad ... or for that matter anything on the LP deck that are.

I wasn't aware that the cabins are only doubles. The cabins have only a love seat, and not a full couch, then?

And does that mean an infant can't be in one of those cabins, either? They have smaller sleeping accommodations than a twin bed size, but would need a tub to be bathed in.

Interesting that they only gave the A-dam about half the number that they put on Rotterdam. Maybe that says something about their popularity.
The Maasdam has many fewer lanai cabins than the Veendam, too.

The order of conversion started with the Veendam & Rotterdam, which have more lanai cabins, then the Maasdam, which started the fewer trend, and then the other R-class ships.

There are many B & BC cabins at the fwd end of deck 6 that are marked with * designating shower only. Also six SB at the aft end of deck 7.

Oh shoot. We always book the center of the ship because I am prone to motion sickness. No forward or aft end for me.

I wasn't aware that the cabins are only doubles. The cabins have only a love seat, and not a full couch, then?

And does that mean an infant can't be in one of those cabins, either? They have smaller sleeping accommodations than a twin bed size, but would need a tub to be bathed in.

I have no idea. I just looked at the deck plans and saw no symbols for triples or quads. We had a A-dam LP cabin a long time ago, and all I remember about it is that someone in the galley above us rolled around heavy carts with square wheels all night! :eek:

I like the lanai cabins because they have the slider out to the lower promenade deck. Because of that the bed configuration is changed (same as verandas) and not up against the window like the other OV’s on the lower promenade deck and below. The OV staterooms on the lower promenade deck are smaller than OV on the main deck below and only have the love seat. Lanai cabins would be great for singles but you still have to pay the single supplement. Good news about the tubs being removed. (I think!)

My TA just called to tell me that she had an email from HAL advising that all the new Lanai cabins would have the new showers and no tub.

Great news!

The tubs are too hard to get in and out of and are more narrow than a regular tub. If the showers are anything like the ones on the Koningsdam I will be thrilled!

• 4 weeks later...
Huh? Why the negativity.We love those cabins.

Glad to hear this! We're booked in a lanai cabin for an upcoming 18-day cruise. I'm hearing great things from some people, and a whole lot of griping from other people--people I hope to never ever encounter on my cruise.