Sun to Cuba

Lori3015

I looked at Royal Caribbean's Cuba FAQ and they only require it if you plan to get off the ship.

This is what the NCL FAQ's say on a Visa for Cuba:

Visa Considerations for Guests Cruising to Cuba

Do I need a visa to travel to Cuba?

The Cuban government requires anyone who is traveling to Cuba on a passport other than a valid Cuban passport to obtain a visa prior to their arrival into Cuba. For all visitors who were not born in Cuba, this visa, also known as a "tourist card" (for U.S. residents, this visa also known as a "rosada" must have a pink and blue background; for non-U.S. residents, this visa is issued by the Cuban embassy or consulate in the background color applicable to their country of residency), is required to enter Cuba for non-business purposes. The Cuban visa is valid for a single entry and allows the holder to stay in Cuba for 30 days. U.S. residents may obtain this visa (or "rosada") through Norwegian for a separate processing and procurement fee of $75 or on your own. For non-U.S. residents, if the Cuban visa issued by the Cuban embassy or consulate in the background color applicable to your country of residency is not accepted by Cuban immigration officials, you will be required to purchase the same Cuban visa (or "rosada") as a U.S. resident. Please note that you will not be allowed to board the vessel without proof of acquiring a Cuban visa.

The Cuban visa is a two-part card. Cuban immigration officials will take both parts upon arrival in Cuba.

• 1 month later...

Yes, we are booked on an Oceania cruise to Cuba next year and they have already charged our account the $75/each for the Visa. From their website:

Do I need a visa to travel to Cuba?

The Cuban government requires anyone who is traveling to Cuba on a passport other than a valid Cuban passport to obtain a visa prior to their arrival into Cuba. For all visitors who were not born in Cuba, this visa, also known as a "tourist card"(for U.S. residents, this visa also known as a “rosada” must have a pink and blue background; for non-U.S. residents, this visa is issued by the Cuban embassy or consulate in the background color applicable to their country of residency), is required to enter Cuba for non-business purposes. The Cuban visa is valid for a single entry and allows the holder to stay in Cuba for 30 days.U.S. residents may obtain this visa (or “rosada”) through Oceania for a separate processing and procurement fee of $75 or on your own. For non-U.S. residents, if the Cuban visa issued by the Cuban embassy or consulate in the background color applicable to your country of residency is not accepted by Cuban immigration officials, you will be required to purchase the same Cuban visa (or “rosada”) as a U.S. resident. Please note that you will not be allowed to board the vessel without proof of acquiring a Cuban visa.

who fills out the form to get this visa? I just booked the sun hours ago

You need to call NCL and tell them that you want them to get the visa for you. They will charge you $75 a person and you will receive when you check in at the port. That's all there is to it.

You can get the visa yourself but considering time and money, it is best to go with NCL getting it.

who fills out the form to get this visa? I just booked the sun hours ago

Sailed on Royal Caribbean Empress to Cuba last year in October, and they give you the Visa and you fill it out. There was a presentation about Cuba, including how to fill out the Visa. Dire warnings about not making a mistake or you will have buy another Visa! Don't worry. I happened to put the day where the month should be, simply crossed it out to correct it, and had no problem going through immigration in Cuba. Am going back on the Norwegian Sun July 2 sailing.

Sailed on Royal Caribbean Empress to Cuba last year in October, and they give you the Visa and you fill it out. There was a presentation about Cuba, including how to fill out the Visa. Dire warnings about not making a mistake or you will have buy another Visa! Don't worry. I happened to put the day where the month should be, simply crossed it out to correct it, and had no problem going through immigration in Cuba. Am going back on the Norwegian Sun July 2 sailing.

QuoteThis is not the procedure for NCL. You must call NCL ahead of time and request that they get the visa for you.

I looked at Royal Caribbean's Cuba FAQ and they only require it if you plan to get off the ship.

Do you not plan to get off the ship? If so, I would suggest reevaluating why you are booking a Cuba itinerary.

When I booked last week for the july 9 sun trip to cuba, I found that NCL went ahead and charged my CC for the VISA without my having to ask for it.

^^This is why I advised OP to check their invoice/eDocs. If it has already been done, they will see it there.