Where To Eat And When

Mylisa

We are on the Whisper departing on Tues. for New England/Canada.

It is our first time on SS.

I want to make reservations at La Terraza for dinner on one of the formal nights. Several questions now.

1. It is an 11 night cruise and there are 2 formal nights and we don't want to dress formally for both nights. So what nights of the 11 days are formal nights?

2. Which of the formal nights should I make the reservation at La Terraza or does it matter. We don't want to miss something special in the MD.

2. Is formal wear required at all restaurants on the same night? Or can we wear semi-formal wear at La Terraza the same night as the MD is having the formal attire.

3. Where is the best place to eat breakfast and lunch?

4. Should we eat at La Terraza more than once?

5. Should we eat at Hot Rocks at all?

6. and lastly can I make the reservations for La Terraza and Hot Rocks upon boarding on Tues.

Thank you to everyone as always for your advice.

You definitely can,and should, eat at La terraza more than once.

If I understand correctly, you are wanting to eat at la terraza on formal night to avoid having to dress formally. That is fine, but you will miss out out on a very excellent menu In the MDR. La terraza menu doesn't vary much, so the food will be consistently excellent there.

Formal nights are usually the 2nd night of the cruise and one other near the end, but not the last night.

We are not big breakfast eaters. I usually have my tea in the lounge. But we very much enjoy la terraza at lunch.

As far as Hot Rocks, it is ok for a change during a long voyage, but nothing special IMO. Definitely better off eating in MDR or La Terraza .

1. So what nights of the 11 days are formal nights?

Hard to predict for certain, but I'd guess they'll be on the evening you are transiting the Cape Cod Canal and the following Tuesday evening when you depart Charlottetown, since Wednesday is a sea day.

2. Which of the formal nights should I make the reservation at La Terraza or does it matter. We don't want to miss something special in the MD.

If you don't want to dress formally, then book LT for both of your formal nights.

2. Is formal wear required at all restaurants on the same night? Or can we wear semi-formal wear at La Terraza the same night as the MD is having the formal attire.

You do not have to wear formal wear ever at LT or Hot Rocks.

Depends on the time you have and whether you prefer buffets (LT) or À la carte table service (MD). We enjoy both, so we tend to mix it up through our voyages.

Yes

Yes. It makes for a fun change of pace.

6. and lastly can I make the reservations for La Terraza and Hot Rocks upon boarding on Tues.

You bet!

Have a great time!

Stumbling via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We sailed on Silver Cloud in June and July and ate in all venues.

For breakfast we usually ate in the Panorama Lounge. They have fresh fruit and pastries as well as good coffee. It depends who makes it though and Gilmar made the best. We did eat in LT sometimes and found it good.

If we were going on an early excursion we had room service.

Lunch was varied and all good in all venues. On nice days we enjoyed the pool grill.

Dinner was good wherever we went especially on formal nights in the Main Dining Room.

While I enjoyed Hot Rocks, I enjoyed the company more than the food. I won't rush back but some people I spoke to went a few times and loved it.

Wherever you dine you will enjoy it. We found the food very good and the service wonderful.

Hot rocks is great but if you aren't a northerner, you'll find it too cold to sit and eat out. They give you blankets and there are heaters now (new since I did this cruise) but the biggest advantage is that you have control over cooking your food so I cook it one bite at a time and put on a bite of potato and veggie in order to ensure each mouthful was hot.

We enjoy Hot Rocks a lot since we like eating outdoors almost regardless of the weather. We do not recommend it in foggy weather since the fog horn is very loud! I asked for chopped onions and sliced mushrooms and cooked them on the hot rock along with my steak. One thing I miss after a while on board is the ability to cook, so this satisfied my need!

With only 14 days on the Wind we're far from experienced Silversea cruisers but we thoroughly enjoyed all four dinner venues on the Wind. We did stay with The Restaurant for our formal nights but could see eating at all but maybe Hot Rocks for those nights.

We absolutely loved having a full breakfast served in our suite with any thing you could get at LT. We do not recommend MDR, it's too slow.

Pool Grill or LT are both wonderful lunches.

Do you call in room service for breakfast the night before?

You can fill out a timed request card and choose items for breakfast, or call when you get up!

Duct Tape, do you know which nights are our formal nights?

I look forward to meeting you at our meet and mingle! You seem like a very experienced cruiser on SS.

I've thought of 2 more questions.

Does anyone know if there are bathrobes provided in the cabins?

And I know that the refrigerator is stocked with alcohol that is included in the fare but if I order at drink at the bar is that also included?

Thanks once again for helping me out. This is all new to me.

Does anyone know if there are bathrobes provided in the cabins?

Yes

...if I order at drink at the bar is that also included?

Yes, as long as you order using their regular top shelf brands. However, if you wanted a glass of a super expensive cognac, then they'll be an extra charge.

We enjoy LT, Hot Rocks, or ordering room service directly from the MDR menu on formal nights.

We are on the Whisper departing on Tues. for New England/Canada.

It is our first time on SS.

I want to make reservations at La Terraza for dinner on one of the formal nights. Several questions now.

1. It is an 11 night cruise and there are 2 formal nights and we don't want to dress formally for both nights. So what nights of the 11 days are formal nights?

Thank you to everyone as always for your advice.

Archived