CocoCay, any word on the admission yet?

I've never seen cruises that stay there more than a day. Let us know what you find out.

Looks like there is a member here that booked a similar cruise and they are offering him 2 days at CocoCay. Here is the thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641055&highlight=perfect+day

I plan on calling RCL at lunch today. Will keep updating.

$79.00 full day at thrill water park

$49.00 half day at thrill water park

$109.00 zip-line

$74.00 helium balloon ride

$449.00 chill cabana, accommodates up to 8 people.

Heh, if that is the case, they can keep all that. I'll settle for the island itself...plenty there for us!

Just went to check on it for our Sept 2019 Symphony and there is no mention of what Perfect Day at Coco Cay entails. It is mentioned on the itenarary(1 day not 2) but not on the excursions. Where did you get the $amounts?

Edited by BecciBoo

Nothing official. I'm guessing it will be like Labadee, no charge to use the beach, extra charge for the roller coaster and zipline.

I'll add in, even if Royal did state something now, it would probably change 4 times between now and then. (And they wouldn't tell their Customer Service Reps anything about it.

Will there be a charge for lunch on Coco Cay ? Before lunch was included

Seriously doubt it, but don't know for sure. I would not be surprised if there was an extra cost "upgraded" lunch for sale.

Thanks for posting the prices..WHEW!!!...I knew that was coming soon !

Ok, on to my next inquiry. Will there still be a F-R-E-E beach area for those who only want to take advantage of clean beach with soft sand and not rocky and sea weed infested some where on Cococay ?

Thanks for posting the prices..WHEW!!!...I knew that was coming soon !

Ok, on to my next inquiry. Will there still be a F-R-E-E beach area for those who only want to take advantage of clean beach with soft sand and not rocky and sea weed infested some where on Cococay ?

No explicit word on this from the cruise line, but I cannot imagine that they would not have a "free" beach available. Even after they turned Labadee into an amusement park, it still has several "free" beaches.

And they wouldn't tell their Customer Service Reps anything about it.

Royal Caribbean would have no need to inform the CSRs about any changes, since they would not have been trained on it to begin with.

Seriously doubt it, but don't know for sure. I would not be surprised if there was an extra cost "upgraded" lunch for sale.

Personally, I am guessing against it. It's too much of a hassle to keep track of charges off the ship. JMO. YMMV.

Just like Labadee they will have to have the free beach area and free lunch. You cannot sell a cruise to an island that everything costs extra. That said the water park rates seem in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally, I am guessing against it. It's too much of a hassle to keep track of charges off the ship. JMO. YMMV.

Why do you think the charges for a specialty restaurant (or upgraded buffet) would be any more difficult than charging for drinks?

Heh, if that is the case, they can keep all that. I'll settle for the island itself...plenty there for us!

Just went to check on it for our Sept 2019 Symphony and there is no mention of what Perfect Day at Coco Cay entails. It is mentioned on the itenarary(1 day not 2) but not on the excursions. Where did you get the $amounts?

I went into my cruise planner, I can already purchase the excursions. I’m struggling with booking a chill island cabana for $449.00. :o

Why do you think the charges for a specialty restaurant (or upgraded buffet) would be any more difficult than charging for drinks?

Because the person recording the charge might be the one who is drinking. :evilsmile:

I spoke with a representative who couldn't answer all of my questions about CocoCay but was willing to speak to a supervisor about it. Here is what she told me.

*For sailings that will be docked at CocoCay for more than one day, you will be able to have access to the beach and the park both days. So even though the website has Cococay on day 1 and Perfect Day on day 2 of the itinerary, you can essentially use both days to go to the park or split the days half and half.

*Access to the park is at a cost which allows access to complimentary attractions like the freshwater pool, lazy river, and wave pool, etc but other attractions will cost extra. Basically, anything that is not on the price list that was posted is free.

*No info on future sailings that will have more than one day at CocoCay port. The rep searched herself and could only find Anthem of the Seas 7 day cruise from NJ that had 2 days at CocoCay. She did admit that it would be beneficial to have more options of ships and itineraries that offer multiple day stays there. She encouraged me and anyone else to reach out to RCI and suggest it.

There is still so much time before the park is opened so things can change, including pricing.

I spoke with a representative who couldn't answer all of my questions about CocoCay but was willing to speak to a supervisor about it. Here is what she told me.

*For sailings that will be docked at CocoCay for more than one day, you will be able to have access to the beach and the park both days. So even though the website has Cococay on day 1 and Perfect Day on day 2 of the itinerary, you can essentially use both days to go to the park or split the days half and half.

*Access to the park is at a cost which allows access to complimentary attractions like the freshwater pool, lazy river, and wave pool, etc but other attractions will cost extra. Basically, anything that is not on the price list that was posted is free.

*No info on future sailings that will have more than one day at CocoCay port. The rep searched herself and could only find Anthem of the Seas 7 day cruise from NJ that had 2 days at CocoCay. She did admit that it would be beneficial to have more options of ships and itineraries that offer multiple day stays there. She encouraged me and anyone else to reach out to RCI and suggest it.

There is still so much time before the park is opened so things can change, including pricing.

Thanks for doing the legwork. I can see 2 days being limited at first since it is new, and allot of people will probably want to go there. I am guessing cruises going there will even be a at premium for awhile (mostly eastern, so more $$$ than western already).

They want $629 for a cabana with all day passes on my sailing May 18, 2019, that's just absurd!! Only waters provided in the cabanas?!

I just paid $682 for 2 people on a 3 day cruise. Value proposition seems lacking...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums