Condition of Noordam

olya1972

I think you and innlady1 are saying the same thing?

She got on in 2007, a year after she was inaugurated according to her post above.

Exactly. 02/07 - R/T - NYC /Caribbean.

02/08 - R/T - NYC/Caribbean

That was the end of her cruises out of NYC...sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just home from 2 weeks on the Noordam. After reading some of this post and others before we left, I was a little concerned. Absolutely no need for that concern! The carpet was spotless and properly stretched; no holes in curtains or furniture. The entire ship was clean and in good condition, although our balcony furniture could have been fresher. We had a wonderful time on a wonderful, albeit not new, ship. I have no hesitation in a strong positive recommendation. I’m happy to answer any questions!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just home from 2 weeks on the Noordam. After reading some of this post and others before we left, I was a little concerned. Absolutely no need for that concern! The carpet was spotless and properly stretched; no holes in curtains or furniture. The entire ship was clean and in good condition, although our balcony furniture could have been fresher. We had a wonderful time on a wonderful, albeit not new, ship. I have no hesitation in a strong positive recommendation. I’m happy to answer any questions!

Live4cruises - great review, can I ask what cabin you were in?

Cheers [emoji3]

Absolutely! 6177.

Just had a look at 6177 - wonderful cabin and location! I just need a midship cabin - like needing a particular pair of socks when I play golf, I need to book a Portside ( or as near to midship as possible while keeping DH happy too ) cabin and all is good.

Superstitions aren’t they something? 🧜

Just had a look at 6177 - wonderful cabin and location! I just need a midship cabin - like needing a particular pair of socks when I play golf, I need to book a Portside ( or as near to midship as possible while keeping DH happy too ) cabin and all is good.

Superstitions aren’t they something? 🧜

We were in 8076 and loved the location. Midship, steps from elevator, and a decent sized balcony (two lounge type chairs plus a table and two additional chairs).

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, all. I am the OP. Just wanted to update all who took time to reply. We did book Noordam and are four weeks out to sail away. I will post regarding ship conditions when we return.

Thank you. I appreciate it very much. And, if you have any Neptune Suite feedback that is also appreciated.

Thank you. I appreciate it very much. And, if you have any Neptune Suite feedback that is also appreciated.

We are booked in VC Balcony cabin by front elevators on the 6 th floor, but waiting anxiously for upsell offers for Neptune. Should that come to fruition, I will surely update on the condition of Neptune Suite.

Edited by olya1972
Spelling

Hi, all. I am the OP. Just wanted to update all who took time to reply. We did book Noordam and are four weeks out to sail away. I will post regarding ship conditions when we return.

We too would love to hear about the ship, entertainment, actually anything you would like to share about your trip. We leave on the June 3rd.

Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!! Carlotta

We too would love to hear about the ship, entertainment, actually anything you would like to share about your trip. We leave on the June 3rd.

Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!! Carlotta

Carlotta, we are on the same sailing. I hope to meet you!

Carlotta, we are on the same sailing. I hope to meet you!

Hi Marie, Looking forward to meeting you as well. So ready for this cruise!!!! Have been to Alaska before, but this time taking the land tour with Holland ending in Fairbanks.

We are on Noordam July 8, Seward to Vancouver. Cabin 6110. Can’t wait. I have to say that the color of the carpet, bathroom tile, or the size of the TV will have no effect on what, for me, is the trip of a lifetime! Enjoy your cruise everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in 8076 and loved the location. Midship, steps from elevator, and a decent sized balcony (two lounge type chairs plus a table and two additional chairs).

If you book a balconey cabin too close to the mid-ships glass elevators, I notice that people on the elevator can see into your balcony.

We will be on the Noordam June 10th(Seward to Vancouver) for our first ever cruise!

We have nothing to compare it with so we should be just fine:hearteyes:

We will be in room 8058. Looks to be a good midship location.

Woo-hoo!! Great to hear. When I read less than positive posts about ships I find more times than not my husband and I do not end up sharing those sentiments when we cruise the ships discussed. Everyone has different preferences and expectations for their holiday, ours is mostly disconnecting and relaxing! We are very low-maintenance. We sail on the Noordam in 13 days! Our first HAL. Cannot wait! Snagged a verandah for $599, can’t beat that for an Alaskan itinerary in my book!

What are the food options like in the Lido for lunch & dinner? Many times we don’t feel like getting dressed up ([emoji33]) so we frequent the buffet dining options on many ships we sail on.

Also, we are big readers, any comfy nooks you found on the Noordam that would be good for that? From what I saw online it looked like there were some nice comfy chairs in the Crow’s Nest (I think?) that also provide nice views of the surroundings as you sail. Definitely want to soak in as much of that as we can on this sailing!

We sail on her in 13 days! I will try to do the same. Happy Cruising!!

Woo-hoo!! Great to hear. When I read less than positive posts about ships I find more times than not my husband and I do not end up sharing those sentiments when we cruise the ships discussed. Everyone has different preferences and expectations for their holiday, ours is mostly disconnecting and relaxing! We are very low-maintenance. We sail on the Noordam in 13 days! Our first HAL. Cannot wait! Snagged a verandah for $599, can’t beat that for an Alaskan itinerary in my book!

What are the food options like in the Lido for lunch & dinner? Many times we don’t feel like getting dressed up ([emoji33]) so we frequent the buffet dining options on many ships we sail on.

Also, we are big readers, any comfy nooks you found on the Noordam that would be good for that? From what I saw online it looked like there were some nice comfy chairs in the Crow’s Nest (I think?) that also provide nice views of the surroundings as you sail. Definitely want to soak in as much of that as we can on this sailing!

Food in the Lido buffet is very good with lots of variety. As well as other casual dining options depending on the ship (pizza, burgers, nachos stations) including very good included room service which you may enjoy since you have a balcony, if the weather permits or in cabin..

The Noordam is the only Vista class ship that has retained its very spacious and gracious library, plus all HAL ships have plenty of other nooks and seating lounges where you can enjoy ocean window views besides the upper deck Crow's Nest. This makes a big plus when choosing the Noordam.

Food in the Lido buffet is very good with lots of variety. As well as other casual dining options depending on the ship (pizza, burgers, nachos stations) including very good included room service which you may enjoy since you have a balcony, if the weather permits or in cabin..

The Noordam is the only Vista class ship that has retained its very spacious and gracious library, plus all HAL ships have plenty of other nooks and seating lounges where you can enjoy ocean window views besides the upper deck Crow's Nest. This makes a big plus when choosing the Noordam.

Fabulous!! Thanks for the info! I’m even more excited now (if that’s possible!) ha!

Nachos are my husband’s love language so he will be quite content! [emoji38]

One more quick question, if you don’t mind. I read somewhere that you could order main dining room selections from room service, as long as you placed the order between 5:30 & 6:00 pm. It could be delivered later, but needed to be ordered then (I’m assuming because it’s at the beginning of the main dining times). Do you know if that is correct?

One more quick question, if you don’t mind. I read somewhere that you could order main dining room selections from room service, as long as you placed the order between 5:30 & 6:00 pm. It could be delivered later, but needed to be ordered then (I’m assuming because it’s at the beginning of the main dining times). Do you know if that is correct?

Yes That is correct :)

Perfect! A nice dinner on the balcony sounds lovely. Thanks!

You are going to Alaska, so maybe don't count on this. Plus moving ships are windy outdoors. If you have a late departure and are in port, that might be a time for dining al fresco. Inside your snug cabin with the floor to ceiling balcony window door may be a next best thing.

Bring some battery operated "candles" and you could make it special anyway. (!!!!Do not under any circumstances bring any other candle!!!!)