Oasis Boardwalk and Central Park - hot?

Can anyone comment on how comfortable the Boardwalk/Central Park areas are for temperature in the spring/summer months. I'm assuming they are not air conditioned? Or are they? We are booked on the Oasis for May 4/13.

We are just off Allure and CP and BW were both hot when you were in the sun. There is partial shade, depending on which way you are heading, but it was mostly hot during the daytime.

No one wanted to eat outside at JR's during the day because it was right in the sun. It was very nice at night though, and sometimes a breeze was blowing. But generally, the temps there are similar to whatever is going on outside.

In late spring and summer the Boardwalk and Central Park can be very hot and quite sunny during the day. Also if it rains, folks will get wet. But the nights can be very pleasant in these areas because the ship is usually sailing at night and the ocean air and breezes help a lot, especially in the Boardwalk area. The Aqua Theater is usually very pleasant at night.

Even though Central Park is an enclosed area, there will usually be a breeze. At the back (front?) of the park, they have installed a large structure near the upper deck which deflects the sea air downward into the park. Quite innovative!

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a Central Park balcony directly across from the Coach store on Oasis this past April. While I wouldn't say it was hot, it wasn't as comfortable as I would have liked it as there wasn't much of a breeze. We didn't spend much time out there at all.

• 4 weeks later...
I was in a Central Park balcony directly across from the Coach store on Oasis this past April.

Did you happen to go into the Coach store? Just wondering if their prices are comparable to the states - if so, the duty free part makes it even better! Sailing for my 40th and would really like to treat myself (in addition to the cruise itself :))

Did you happen to go into the Coach store? Just wondering if their prices are comparable to the states - if so, the duty free part makes it even better! Sailing for my 40th and would really like to treat myself (in addition to the cruise itself :))

My DW is a Coach fanatic!:eek: Anyway, we live very near a Coach factory outlet and the prices there are much better than they were on Oasis last October. Actually, we just left the Coach store an hour ago, of course she picked up a pink or rasberry (whatever color) one for her Birthday.

If you are a balcony person, you probably will not enjoy a neighborhood balcony. No privacy, hot/warm/humid during the day...warm/warm/humid during the evening. If you enjoy having bkfst on your balcony..well...not very pleasant in a hot, humid, lack of privacy balcony. If you dont enjoy looking into other peoples balcony, seeing all kinds of undress, towels hanging over the balcony, no privacy, etc. dont book a neighborhood balcony. Did it once..just to experience..will never do it again.

Can anyone comment on how comfortable the Boardwalk/Central Park areas are for temperature in the spring/summer months. I'm assuming they are not air conditioned? Or are they? We are booked on the Oasis for May 4/13.

Maybe someone can speak to the difference in time of year you travel? I imagine it would be different in very early May than it would be in the dead heat of July or August? I have a Central Park Balcony and am travelling in December and I'm sure it will be different than traveling in summer? Thanks for any insight... :)

Central Park was a great place to be in the evening the first week of May in 2011. Boardwalk wasn't bad either. But the middle of the day, I'm not sure we spent all our time on the pool deck. One evening that we ate at Chops at 7:30 we didn't want to eat out there, but was comfortable enough afterwards

Not sure if you are asking about the balcony cabins, or if you are asking general information as to the temperature of the Boardwalk and and Central Park areas. I can not address the cabin/balcony question. I can, however, address the temperature if walking through Boardwalk and Central Park.

I never found the temperature to be "too hot" during the day when visiting either Boardwalk or Central Park. Warm, yes, but that is to be expected I had an ocean view balcony cabin on Deck 6 (Boardwalk).

I frequently walked through Boardwalk during the day. I was warm, yes, but not overly hot. Especially on a sea day, as there was a breeze. It was nice to feel the summer sun, see the bright blue sky, a gentle breeze all with a wonderful view of the ocean. DH and I did eat lunch at Johnny Rockets - at an outside table.

Central Park was also nice to walk through during the day. Again, it never felt "too hot" to me. There are plenty of shady spots to read a good book, to linger over a cold beverage or people walk. We did have lunch at the Park Cafe, choosing to eat out side, rather then inside. Again, having a view of the blue sky along with all the flowers and trees was peaceful and heavenly. And to know that I was in the middle of the ocean made it all the better.

We were on the Oasis in the middle of July of 2011, and will be on the Allure in 2013 during the same week.

Hot and humid and no privacy. It is the Carribbean.Personal preference only but I would never book one of these cabins.

THANKS for the input. As much as I was looking forward to the views from my Central Park View Balcony this thread and your comments have convinced me to switch back to my Central Park View Stateroom. At least it'll always be cool, I won't have to worry about remembering to lock the balcony door, and I can still see out my window at Central Park. :)

Even though Central Park is an enclosed area, there will usually be a breeze. At the back (front?) of the park, they have installed a large structure near the upper deck which deflects the sea air downward into the park. Quite innovative!

Neat! I remember feeling a breeze. It was warm and sunny (May/June) but definitely not uncomfortable. Does anyone have a picture or know what this structure looks like??

Archived