Eurodam February 18, 2018, cruise cancelled.

CruisinNana

Hello, and I'm confused :o

Did you mean the Feb 14 Eurodam (which I'm on)?

I see the Zuiderdam and Koningsdam leaving Ft. Lauderdale on the 18th

All three of these are still on the HAL www site as available.

This is an old thread that was bumped. You are probably looking at the schedule that replaced previous versions.

• 1 month later...
I've learned the hard way to do the research ahead of time.

Not sure I understand this comment. Are you saying that there is a way to research ahead of time whether a particular sailing is/will be chartered? Not sure how that is possible, especially for bookings that are way out there, like our next one for Dec 2018.

Hmmm, so we are on a May 12, 2018 Eurodam cruise, and have already personally booked non-refundable flights and hotel stay. Has anyone ever run into a cruise being cancelled and then you're stuck? Eeeek!

We have only had one cruise cancelled. We were given ample notice and had not, at that point, booked anything else. It's why we usually wait until closer to sailing date.

Go back to the start of the thread and you will see that the cancellation happened about a year before the cruise was scheduled. Yes we had the Koningsdam booked and they chartered that so we moved to the Eurodam then about 2 weeks later we get a notice that they chartered that so had to move again. We got some OBC for having to move but not the free Hotel charge or internet time. I guess we need to have our TA push harder if this happens to us in 2019. We have the Koningsdam booked for Jan-Mar so may get it chartered out from under us again.

• 1 month later...
IF Holland cancelled our cruise, it would be our last booking with them. Currently we have a 24 day TA next October. I'm hoping that this would never occur on a TA

Highly unlikely that a TA or a cruise of that length will ever be chartered.

I would have thot that our 29 day Australia trip March 2019 on the Noordam would be safe but HAL has broken off the 14 days that we were to be sailing around New Zealand, and broken it into 2 -7 day charters!!! That leaves us with a repo back to the States. So much for our 25 anniversary! No other HAL ships to transfer to either!!

We are also on the feb 14 Eurodam cruise. We normally book our flights once we are inside a year so that would not be good.

Check out the Roll call. There are 2. One was started before they switched up. The one I started is the most recent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are also on the feb 14 Eurodam cruise. We normally book our flights once we are inside a year so that would not be good.

Just an FYI, this thread is from March, 2017 - it isn't recent. We're sailing on the Eurodam Jan 28 - Feb 14 and are looking forward to every minute of it.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)