Booking a Quad with three people

We booked a specific Quad balcony cabin but only have 3 people in the room 11 months in advance. It is a nice extended balcony on the Miracle. Has anyone ever been moved because you didn't have 4 people in the room. We are still 4 months out and my travel agent said Carnival moved us. I think it was their mistake when they adjusted our early saver rate.

I know that this can happen but there are 4 quads still available for this sailing in this cabin type. Has this ever happened to you??

I think it was their mistake when they adjusted our early saver rate.

Did you call in or submit a price adjustment form? Yes, they can change the room when you do that to any available room with the rate you requested. If the original room and the new room are the very same category, then check if the new room is also a quad occupancy. Perhaps it has only triple occupancy and that is why you were moved?

I have heard of this very thing happening when people have submitted price protection forms... The FIRST thing you need to do is have your TA call Carnival and tell them you what the same room back. I have read on here that people were able to get the same room back.

One reason I don't like using TA, something like this would have happened to me I would have been calling them ASAP! (to my PVP).... can't do that with a TA

We booked a quad interior on the Triumph for 3, as I thought the murphy-type bed would be more comfortable for our son than a trundle. Carnival did move us, to a 3 person cabin. I was able to get them to move us back, but I would keep a lookout for something like that happening.

Are you absolutely sure your category balcony was the same category as the price you submitted? I only ask because IDK you and some people see a balcony price and its a lower category and submit it thinking hey it cant hurt to ask for the lower price.

Please let us know what your TA said when you called to get your cabin back. So we know the end of the story :)

We have been moved back to my original cabin.

I called Carnival and was told that yes they could move us but we would be notified. We were NOT. ???

It happened when my TA submitted the price drop for the Early Saver Rate. Yes, both of these cabins were the same category.

Funny thing is that I did a mock booking to hold the cabin until my TA could get on it and the Carnival website would let me book the same cabin for 3 people.

There are still 4 quad cabins available in this category so it's not like they had to have mine.

Lesson learned. You can believe that I will be watching very closely.

Call your agent and yell, scream, jump up and down, and whistle loudly into the phone until they get the room you reserved.

I think it is disingenuous to give price protection, but change the terms of the deal at the same time. They will always foist you into a less desirable situation to sell your reservation for more if you let them.

Carnival did moved my room with out notify us, it's 4 person room, and we are 4 people. they move me from deck 7 to deck 5, I called their hot line and moved back. I paid higher price for deck 7, why lower my category. I'm checking often now to make sure they don't move me again.

We have been moved back to my original cabin.

I called Carnival and was told that yes they could move us but we would be notified. We were NOT. ???

It happened when my TA submitted the price drop for the Early Saver Rate. Yes, both of these cabins were the same category.

Funny thing is that I did a mock booking to hold the cabin until my TA could get on it and the Carnival website would let me book the same cabin for 3 people.

There are still 4 quad cabins available in this category so it's not like they had to have mine.

Lesson learned. You can believe that I will be watching very closely.

You wouldn’t be notified, your TA would have been.

This happened to us and it was brutal. The contract favors CCL. We got bumped to what we felt was a cruddy option. Just an email telling us they’d moved us. Then to get a room that we felt was a more fair swap they allowed us to move and graciously charged us the going rate.

Some one said book a fourth... Do it. On our next cruise $169 which is way less than what we paid to move ourselves.

Thanks for the 'heads up'. We have booked a quad for 3 and have had price reductions (ES) and have never been moved. Thank goodness, OP, you got your original room back......will have to be very vigilant if these kinds of moves are occurring....uggghh! :rolleyes: