Celebrity Equinox September 3rd - short review

Jeal

I posted this in cruise reviews as well.

Absolutely loved our cruise. This was our second time on theEquinox and this time was even better than last time. Our cabin, 8160, had anoversized balcony which was wonderful. It was on the angle so had lots ofprivacy. The entire ship was clean and the entertainment was good. Of course,we liked some things better than others – we could have skipped the magicianand piano player, but we found the singers to be some of the best we have everheard. The big house band was loud – butthe other groups were fine. Food is subjective but we found it to be muchimproved from the first time we were on the Equinox. The Oceanview Café had agood selection of salad fixings every day and the sorbets were excellent. Wehad Select Dining and ate early evening with no wait. The food was surprisinglygood including the steak that is offered every night. Every evening we were seated at a window tablefor two which was nice – we were able to watch the sunset. We rarely stayed fordessert in the dining room preferring to go to Oceanview a little later in theevening for a larger selection. Dessert was consistently good – much betterthan we had on Princess on our last cruise.

We lucked out with the ports and the weather. We hadbeautiful sunny weather and were able to walk to the beach in every port except Antigua (we just walked in town).

It was just a wonderful, relaxing cruise.

Edited by Jeal

I posted this in cruise reviews as well.

Absolutely loved our cruise. This was our second time on theEquinox and this time was even better than last time. Our cabin, 8160, had anoversized balcony which was wonderful. It was on the angle so had lots ofprivacy. The entire ship was clean and the entertainment was good. Of course,we liked some things better than others – we could have skipped the magicianand piano player, but we found the singers to be some of the best we have everheard. The big house band was loud – butthe other groups were fine. Food is subjective but we found it to be muchimproved from the first time we were on the Equinox. The Oceanview Café had agood selection of salad fixings every day and the sorbets were excellent. Wehad Select Dining and ate early evening with no wait. The food was surprisinglygood including the steak that is offered every night. Every evening we were seated at a window tablefor two which was nice – we were able to watch the sunset. We rarely stayed fordessert in the dining room preferring to go to Oceanview a little later in theevening for a larger selection. Dessert was consistently good – much betterthan we had on Princess on our last cruise.

We lucked out with the ports and the weather. We hadbeautiful sunny weather and were able to walk to the beach in every port except Antigua (we just walked in town).

It was just a wonderful, relaxing cruise.

Thanks for sharing your cruise.

We were on the same cruise and had a wonderful time. Just a very relaxing voyage. If food is subjective, so is music and entertainment in general. That was the weak point for us. And I have to note that it was an extremely noisy ship as everywhere we went music, if it can be called that, was blaring at extremely high volume. In the martini bar one night it was impossible to have a conversation and when I asked the DJ if he could at least turn the sound down a couple of notches, he smiled and that was it. But that was the only negative we encountered on the ship. I was amazed at the variety of Cuisine and its quality in the buffet. The executive chef is to be commended I believe he was an Italian by the name of Capello. Tante grazie, signore

What beach did you walk to in St. Thomas?

Well - to be more specific - we walked from the ship to the ferry that goes to Water Island, took the ferry over and then walked from the ferry dock to the beach. The shuttle from Dinghys doesn't start until 10 am and we were there earlier. It was a very nice walk.

Most of the time we walk to the local bus and take it to Sapphire Beach but the ship advised us that they had canceled their excursion to Sapphire due to large amounts of sea grass in the water from the storms so we went to Water Island instead.

Thanks for the comments. We have yet to sail on Equinox, but enjoy her sisters very much.

As to the music volume, it seems they like to have it very loud, then there are a lot of complaints and they scal it back some, then it seems to go back to loud again. I seem to notice it more on the S class than the M class. Just my $.02

Thanks for the comments. We have yet to sail on Equinox, but enjoy her sisters very much.

As to the music volume, it seems they like to have it very loud, then there are a lot of complaints and they scal it back some, then it seems to go back to loud again. I seem to notice it more on the S class than the M class. Just my $.02

They want you to utilize the ice on the Martini Bar by making you write out your order so the BT knows what you want.

It is also so the people that don’t have a smart phone with the internet package learn how to communicate to the person sitting next to them by writing in the frost instead of the old boring, outdated method of talking.

I also think they do it to help clear the bar out to get rid of those that are just hanging around when others are looking for a seat.

If enough passengers write on the comment cards to get rid of them X may realize that the passengers don’t want or like it.

Drink up 🍹🍸🍷🥂🍾🍻🍺

We were also on this cruise and agree with OP that it was excellent.

I don't mind the music being especially loud at parties on the deck or in the foyer, but why must it be deafening at events that are specifically designed for passengers to get to know one another? For instance, the Senior Officers Party and evening socials in the Sky Lounge. You would think Capt. Kate or the Hotel Director would have asked the band to lower the volume, because for 1 1/2 hours they were shouting to communicate with passengers standing right beside them.

We were a party of six also on this cruise. We had 3 sky suites connected by balconies which we opened up to 1 large balcony. The cruise celebrated my Dad's 80th birthday. It was pretty much perfect. No complaints about anything including the music. Service and food were top notch. We dined in Luminae whenever open and the buffet otherwise. Best cruise ever for us but this was our first Celebrity cruise. It won't be our last.