Medivac happening on the Breakaway.

shadowmeboy

My brother boarded Friday night and now won't be at the first port until Thursday. I told him that he could have sailed to England in 6 days. lol. I wouldn't mind being on the ship because I loveeeee sea days.

I hope the evacuee will be OK and rest of the cruise smooth for this group.

Breakaway is a great ship for sea days, they are the best:cool:

Boy that cruise can't catch a break. 1st the delay departure from NY, now this.

Whats next? bad enough the Breakaway took a beating during the storm :o

Not just that, but the original itinerary for this 14 night cruise included 8 port stops. After the hurricanes, that was reduced to 5. After the bombnado, the new overnight in Aruba was removed, and that wasn't announced until pax were onboard for the new January 6 departure.

(original itinerary: NYC; San Juan, PR; Tortola, BVI; St Thomas, USVI; Philipsburg, St Marteen; Roseau, Dominica; Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St. Johns, Antigua; NYC).

(revised itinerary: NYC; Oranjestad, Aruba overnight + 1/2 day; Willemstad, Curacao; Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St Johns, Antigua; NYC).

(re-revised itinerary: NYC; Oranjestad, Aruba 1/2 day only; Willemstad, Curacao; Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St Johns, Antigua; NYC).

I do hope the passengers medi-vac'd today are okay. Would the 2nd one only be to accompany the first one who needed medical attention?

Not enough time to get there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the reply. I didn't realize evacs like that affected the itinerary.

Someone on FB posted that they put out a call for blood donations, so it must have been very serious. Hopefully the person is okay!!!

Thank you for the reply. I didn't realize evacs like that affected the itinerary.

We were on a Celebrity Alaskan sailing a few years ago when we had to double back to meet a rescue helicopter and evacuate a passenger and her family. In this case it was a young girl with an obstruction in her colon so very serious. It was truly amazing to see them be airlifted onto the helicopter. We did miss Sitka as a result and ended up with another sea day. The Captain was kind enough to update passengers later on to say she was ok and in hospital. It's very scary and I really felt for that family. Nobody expects that kind of situation to happen when at sea.