How to follow QV refit?

erniebernie

The jigsaws have disappeared from that alcove area and have been replaced with a large model of the QV.

For the first time, we only got a half bottle of PA. Due to the fact that it is only a short cruise apparently.

That seems a bit mean. I thought all Silver and above got a full bottle.

From a friend currently on Queen Victoria, travelling in Britannia Club, a photograph of the new Club Restaurant...

34974394482_ee7d17e57f_z.jpg

Now that looks really smart.

that looks fabulous...very nice....hopefully your friend will send you more Richard - Im just about bursting at the seams in anticipation.....

'Blue' loungers and reclining chairs plus footstools, on white metal frames Q6-3 and black wrought iron furniture [with chair/seat pads] with reclining chairs in Q2 [ plus day beds in the old stern balcony Q1].

We always have the actual loungers taken away as we found the balconies too crowded.[old stern balconies excepted].

What is the style of the box table? Can it comfortably be used for outdoor dining?

The (plastic/rattan) Box is not suitable for dining . It's main purpose is for the stowage of the seat cushions when not in use.

The (plastic/rattan) Box is not suitable for dining . It's main purpose is for the stowage of the seat cushions when not in use.

Thanks for that Bell Boy. Table for out door dining v a box to store the re fit addition seat pads. The non dining box might be a disappointment for some in warm/tropical climates.

Hi

Judging by pictures posted by Cunard on Facebook, it appears to me that the new Chart Room is going to be so crowded with furniture that there won't be room for a piano as existed before. It true that is a real shame. Haven't seen actual pictures or videos.

If you go to YouTube and search for Queen Victoria Chris Frame you will see videos he has posted of the new Britannia Club dining room, (Very nice.) the new Winter Garden and new lido deck. The Winter Garden looks crowded with furniture and the Lido is also crowded with furniture and deck chairs. Not really enough space for the number of deck chairs so passengers will not be able to spread out. I don't know about you but I like to spread out so other passengers aren't on top of me. You will also notice that the numerous canopy covered seating set-ups block the view of the ocean from many vantage points or so it appears to me. Of course, with the smoke colored glass railings the view of the sea was corrupted anyway.

I am still waiting for Chris to post videos of the new Chart room. I have a feeling its going to be very crowded with too much furniture and too many people with no room for live music.... Canned music will most likely have to suffice. So far this ship is not working for me and will most likely stick to the Queen Mary 2 for my Winter voyage. How about you? I still love Cunard Line, however. Thanks.

Deck Chair

Sadly I have just heard that we now have pre-recorded

Music in the winter-garden lido and chart room as well as areas around the pool.....what is cunard thinking????:loudcry:

It's called 'Queen Victoria Radio' Bit tacky especially when they add the adverts, reminds me shopping Malls

Queen Elizabeth has similar called 'Queen Elizabeth Radio'

Edited by Pennbank

Today Thursday 8th June ! Take a sneak peek and tune in 'Live' at 10am BST ( Cunard's corporate fb page) to see what enhancements have been made and at the same time ask your questions as Cunard will take us on a guided tour of Q.Vic.

It's called 'Queen Victoria Radio' Bit tacky especially when they add the adverts, reminds me shopping Malls

Queen Elizabeth has similar called 'Queen Elizabeth Radio'

We suffered intrusive music in April and May on Victoria on a couple of days. It was louder on Grill deck 12 but not as bad on 11. It could not be called background on 12.

What nothing? Not even new soft furnishings? I understood that was ship wide.

There may be some new pillows etc but refit was onLy done on the aft grills cabins on 6,7,8 and brittania club. I am pretty sure i read somewhere that there had been little done to other grills cabins by someone on the current cruise

other items reduced in size,

Not only are the drink measurements reduced from the original 1.5oz to 1oz or 2oz (2oz they now call a double) but the Penhaligon's Quercus shampoo and bath & shower gel bottles have shrunk from their 100ml size to 50ml.

Hi

Judging by pictures posted by Cunard on Facebook, it appears to me that the new Chart Room is going to be so crowded with furniture that there won't be room for a piano as existed before. It true that is a real shame. Haven't seen actual pictures or videos.

If you go to YouTube and search for Queen Victoria Chris Frame you will see videos he has posted of the new Britannia Club dining room, (Very nice.) the new Winter Garden and new lido deck. The Winter Garden looks crowded with furniture and the Lido is also crowded with furniture and deck chairs. Not really enough space for the number of deck chairs so passengers will not be able to spread out. I don't know about you but I like to spread out so other passengers aren't on top of me. You will also notice that the numerous canopy covered seating set-ups block the view of the ocean from many vantage points or so it appears to me. Of course, with the smoke colored glass railings the view of the sea was corrupted anyway.

I am still waiting for Chris to post videos of the new Chart room. I have a feeling its going to be very crowded with too much furniture and too many people with no room for live music.... Canned music will most likely have to suffice. So far this ship is not working for me and will most likely stick to the Queen Mary 2 for my Winter voyage. How about you? I still love Cunard Line, however. Thanks.

Deck Chair

Nothing to be too concerned about Deck Chair. I'm onboard at the moment and whilst we appreciated all the photos and videos that we have seen over the last few days or so, in reality they really don't do the 'new refit areas' any justice.

IMO the Winter Garden refit is splendid ! to be honest it's not at all crowded, ( so different from any of the renderings or photos/videos) it's tasteful and elegant and there is quite a lot of space between the seating.

I agree, the new Chart Room can occasionally be a bit of a tight squeeze, however, don't forget we now have an additional venue, 'The Yacht Club' to enjoy pre dinner cocktails ( including live music) . This new venue will be open from around 4.30pm (until late) rather than 10pm when it was much under used.

The aft area on deck 9 is looking good, the new furniture ( tables/ seating and awnings) are a great improvement. I understand from speaking with a Cunard executive that they are monitoring the over crowding of those sun loungers and may locate some of them on the decks above.

Bell Boy :cool:

The problem I found with the Winter Garden in Colder Climate is how cold the area is and the draft which went through to the Lido as they use both the side electric doors to the Pavilion Pool area and the doors from the Winter Garden on the Starboard side to the Lido never seem to close correctly. Unlike the QE having the central access out to the Pavilion Pool with the double door area

Hopefully the ex QM2 staff on board will support the new staff and will show them how to enjoy themselves and give the usual Cunard welcome to the guests. A few I noticed seemed a bit miserable.

Agree with you great decor, Look forward to reading your future posts while you are on board, Do enjoy your trip.

Edited by Pennbank

Nothing to be too concerned about Deck Chair. I'm onboard at the moment and whilst we appreciated all the photos and videos that we have seen over the last few days or so, in reality they really don't do the 'new refit areas' any justice.

IMO the Winter Garden refit is splendid ! to be honest it's not at all crowded, ( so different from any of the renderings or photos/videos) it's tasteful and elegant and there is quite a lot of space between the seating.

I agree, the new Chart Room can occasionally be a bit of a tight squeeze, however, don't forget we now have an additional venue, 'The Yacht Club' to enjoy pre dinner cocktails ( including live music) . This new venue will be open from around 4.30pm (until late) rather than 10pm when it was much under used.

The aft area on deck 9 is looking good, the new furniture ( tables/ seating and awnings) are a great improvement. I understand from speaking with a Cunard executive that they are monitoring the over crowding of those sun loungers and may locate some of them on the decks above.

Bell Boy :cool:

thanks Bellboy sounds encouraging. Have a great trip and give our old girl a pat, she probably needs some reassurance at this stage.

Hello

I have sailed twice on the QV on lengthy voyages. I loved the Chart room because if its very comfortable seating, live music in the evening and close access to the dining room.

It was a room enjoyed by many passengers both day and night. During a long segment of a world cruise I was on it was the space for full world cruise passengers to hang out during the day. Now its gone replaced by a shadow of itself. Replaced by a dining room. (BTW, no one has explained why Cunard couldn't have just carved out space in the existing dining room for this Club restaurant as they did on the QM2).

Now the piano has been moved and there is no more live music that is close enough to really hear and appreciate. And yes as one poster indicated, the seating is a bit tight. I don't see much signs of a lot of really nice comfortable seating that existed before. Yes, I suppose you can go to the Commodore Club or the Yacht club for pre-dinner drinks and live music but its a long walk to the dining room and inconvenient. I am also hearing that in the midships bar there is only canned music.

Its bad enough Cunard made this change. I do hope Cunard is not also looking for ways to cut back on musicians. That would be a huge mistake. Having all the live music is something that sets Cunard apart from the others. Unless my traveling friend changes my mind I think we will stick to the Queen Mary for our long winter voyage. I love the chart room and live music on that beautiful ship!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Deck Chair

363 days and counting on Cunard.