Dinner seating question

Jenn1974

I am traveling with my 19 year old adult son on the Triumph in March. Yay. We picked the late seating because we like eating later and now I am wondering about table mates. We don't want to be sat with children and were curious what the odds of that are. I just want to hear other peoples experiences. He wants the chance to meet new people but being that I am leaving my 2 younger children at home with daddy neither my son nor I want to be with children. I am starting to lean toward your time dining. But I also wanted to see what others have experienced as well.

Since you have late seating I doubt you would be given a table with families that have young children. I'd want to have other people around me in your situation so I'd not ask for a table for 2 unless your son is very shy.

I'd just see who was placed at your table and if you don't like them or feel uncomfortable with them you can ask to be moved.

Chances are they will seat you with some other single travelers.

Most families with younger children pick the earlier seating (I have a 7 year old and would rather have the later seating but he can't hang that long for dinner) also, I believe they at least attempt to place you with families with kids / teens of similar age...at least when I cruised as a child we always seemed to be seated at a table with kids of similar age to myself at that time....

I would stop by and ask the maitre'd when you get on the ship. The Fun Times will list when and what level you can meet with him to discuss dining concerns prior to the first evening meal. They are very helpful and easy to deal with.

Definitely talk to Maitre'D...He will ensure you are seated with the appropriate aged groups. I don't think some of the earlier responses read your whole post...lol.. Your son wants the opportunity to meet and chat with others and dinner is an excellent time to meet others. So I would not request a table for 2

Since you have late seating I doubt you would be given a table with families that have young children. I'd want to have other people around me in your situation so I'd not ask for a table for 2 unless your son is very shy.

I'd just see who was placed at your table and if you don't like them or feel uncomfortable with them you can ask to be moved.

Chances are they will seat you with some other single travelers.

We always have late seating and have never been seated with children. We enjoy sitting and chatting with others - tables of 6 or 8 are our favorites - and would not care for a table for 2.

If you find you're not comfortable with your table mates you can go to the maitre'd who will change your seating the next night. We find it rare we don't get along with our table mates even if at home we probably wouldn't be BFFs. :) When in doubt ask about their favorite vacation or something like that :)