Escape..attaining boarding group #1

CruiserDoc

We're booked on the Escape this coming fall and we're interested in getting passes to Vibe. It sounds like the secret is to be a part of boarding group #1 to be successful with Vibe passes. What's the best way to assure being part of boarding group #1 if we are booked in a regular balcony cabin? Any hope for Vibe passes?

Thanks!!

We arrived at the port at 8:55. We were about 10th in line to get in the building. Before we reached the check in desk, we made sure we had our sh** together, and so we were lightening fast. Once in the terminal, we sat where you enter (near the bathrooms).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Miami/Escape: Group 1 boarding starts around 11:30. Havens boarding should start around 11:15 (prior to general boarding).

Now,,, we were at Port Canaveral in April (where the Epic will be), and they boarded:

Back-2-Backs

Havens

Platinum Latitudes

Gold Latitudes

Silver Latitudes

Bronze Latitudes

Group 1

Group 2

etc.

It would be great if all ports boarded in that order.

Edited by BirdTravels

I'm sailing the Escape for Halloween. Currently I have a arrival time of 11 to 11:30 and am also hoping for a vibe pass. Do I stand a chance if they start enforcing the arrival time? I'm a first timer with NCL and staying in a studio so I don't have any perk's at my disposal to try to get in earlier. I feel like 11-11:30 is reasonably early and I check from time to time to see if I can get a earlier time. Does anyone know if a earlier time is a option like I believe it is?

Ladzen

Edited by Ladzen

I'm sailing the Escape for Halloween. Currently I have a arrival time of 11 to 11:30 and am also hoping for a vibe pass. Do I stand a chance if they start enforcing the arrival time? I'm a first timer with NCL and staying in a studio so I don't have any perk's at my disposal to try to get in earlier. I feel like 11-11:30 is reasonably early and I check from time to time to see if I can get a earlier time. Does anyone know if a earlier time is a option like I believe it is?

Ladzen

Show up as early as you can. Suggested arrival times are not enforced. If you wait too long your chance will be gone.

We got boarding group 1# back in February. We were standing outside the door at 8:45 with about 10 others. Our only reason for being there that early was to get Vibe passes

LrgPizza...so, you were in line at the terminal at 8:55, what time did you get in the terminal building and what time did you actually board the ship? Thanks for your help.

I didn't pay attention to what time we got in the terminal building. We go in when they open the doors, and this will absolutely vary week to week. To be honest, I didn't bother to look at my watch when we boarded the ship either. I was on vacation time, freestylin' at that point, so the clock didn't matter. Sorry I can't help.

Keep in mind the odd numbers board from one terminal and the evens from another. So 1 and 2 go together and 3 and 4. So just because you have a 2 or 4 doesn't mean you wont get them.

I thought each terminal has boarding groups 1 through whatever? I know people in Terminal B had group 1 and group 2 cards. (I didn't see beyond that.)

Now,,, we were at Port Canaveral in April (where the Epic will be), and they boarded:

Back-2-Backs

Havens

Platinum Latitudes

Gold Latitudes

Silver Latitudes

Bronze Latitudes

Group 1

Group 2

etc.

Interesting. It seems like the Latitudes groups (especially Bronze) would potentially be much larger than the typical boarding group. Which kind of undermines the whole point of boarding by groups.

Miami/Escape: Group 1 boarding starts around 11:30. Havens boarding should start around 11:15 (prior to general boarding).

Back-2-Backs

Havens

Platinum Latitudes

Gold Latitudes

Silver Latitudes

Bronze Latitudes

Group 1

Group 2

etc.

It would be great if all ports boarded in that order.

That's great!

I got to the terminal just before 9 and was one of the first dozen or so. But after I checked in and went upstairs to the waiting area, somehow I missed the guy handing out boarding passes. By the time I figured this out, I got Group 4.

I whined, and the guy handing out the passes basically told me that I could bribe my way into Group 2. So me and my friend Andrew Jackson got in the Group 2 line with my Group 4 pass in hand, and it was off to the races.

Got Vibe pass 45.

I got to the terminal just before 9 and was one of the first dozen or so. But after I checked in and went upstairs to the waiting area, somehow I missed the guy handing out boarding passes. By the time I figured this out, I got Group 4.

I whined, and the guy handing out the passes basically told me that I could bribe my way into Group 2. So me and my friend Andrew Jackson got in the Group 2 line with my Group 4 pass in hand, and it was off to the races.

Got Vibe pass 45.

Money talks, oops I mean good thing your friend Andrew Jackson was with you and the guy who passed out the passes recognized HIM.

We will be at the port early! Would rather sit around at the port than in the hotel room.

Sailed on Getaway last month.

Dropped off at PortMiami at 0936.

Checked bags.

Lined up at terminal entrance just as the first people were going through security. Maybe 50 ahead of me.

Waited in the check-in line for <10 min.

Received Boarding Group...12? Or maybe 13.

Waited maybe an hour to board.

Headed directly to Guest Services.

Got the last Cabana.

Does it seem like maybe the demand for Vibe isn't as high on the Getaway as it is on the Escape? When I was on the Escape we were like a school of panicked fish trying to find where to go. I'm going on the Getaway in September... The terminal part would be the same but it sounds like it's different once you're in board.

I was literally the first person to check into my last cruise and because it was my first with NCL they first stiffed me with boarding group 15. I commented that to the person checking me in and they at least moved me up to 5. Group 1 seemed to almost be reserved for the VIP's and those needing assistance.