Can two people split a meal at Cagneys?

Fred Quimby

I don't see why you can't split if you want to share. However, i also don't like steak and have never left Cagney's hungry, between salads and seafood there are plenty of options. I think there is even a poultry choice, so if she wants to eat something other than your vegetables she will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She can order her own vegetables, she doesn't have to share yours. It is, after all, an a la carte restaurant and you just order what you want.

Agree. Cagney's has several very good vegetable choices as side dishes (only $2.00 each). So you can order your steak and a couple of sides and both of you should be happy.

Tracy

If you are ordering a la carte (as opposed to using a SDP credit), then there's no reason you can't share a plate. But the steaks are just steaks, all sides are ordered separately; so she can also order her own apps, salad, sides, etc.

The salads are app sizes, not entree; she obviously eats something so that might be a good choice if she likes salad.

I am old fashioned I guess - I think its just bad manners for two people to sit at the table and only one meal is purchased. If it were me - I would use one credit for your meal, and choose one dish a la carte for your wife.

There are many options in cagneys - not just steak. There are lovely fish and shrimp dishes. Perhaps the Shrimp Linguine might be a yummy alterenative? Or the seabass.

At the very least, order an appetiser but ask for it to be brought with your mains - so you both dine together. Makes for a civilised dining experience without her having to eat a regular sized plate of food.

Here is another thread with a menu for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2423010&highlight=cagneys+menu

I am old fashioned I guess - I think its just bad manners for two people to sit at the table and only one meal is purchased. If it were me - I would use one credit for your meal, and choose one dish a la carte for your wife.

There are many options in cagneys - not just steak. There are lovely fish and shrimp dishes. Perhaps the Shrimp Linguine might be a yummy alterenative? Or the seabass.

At the very least, order an appetiser but ask for it to be brought with your mains - so you both dine together. Makes for a civilised dining experience without her having to eat a regular sized plate of food.

Here is another thread with a menu for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2423010&highlight=cagneys+menu

I was thinking the same thing, I would find it very odd for two people to be there eating off one plate whether or not the meal is part of the SDP. I would order a salad, appetizer or some kind of side because I'm sure she eats something if she would eat off your plate.

Cagney's is an à la carte restaurant, so you can both just eat and pay for whatever you want. No sides are included with the meals - you order those separately, and they come out in small dishes. So if she just wants a side, she can just order and pay for a side. It's no big deal at all. However, if you plan to use an SDP credit there, that changes things because 2 people are not supposed to share one credit. You could use a credit for your meal, and she could just pay the $2 for whichever sides she wants, or pay for a salad, or whatever.

I suspect this is actually about $$ and not that the Mrs has an eating disorder.

Right, if the real question is can I order extra food with my SDP and have her pick off my plate so I don't have to waste a credit on a non-steak eater - the answer is no. But you can use a credit for you and she can order a salad/app/side a la carte for a few $$.

My wife does not eat steak

Can she sit there and watch me eat steak as she eats the vegetables off my plate?

and for the record the wife is 4'11,, 81 pounds and my Labrador eats more than her.:cool:

Yes. No problem. Beg is served in shared bowls in the center of the table. The waiter can bring a plate.

When we go to Cagneys, we share everything. Apps, salads, entrees, desserts. You are on vacation. Enjoy.

We include my vegan niece at all the specialty restaurants. They will accomodate your requests.

IMHO, we would never occupy a seat another paying customer could have bought.

My mom is also a light eater. She would get soup, a side and always a dessert.

My wife does not eat steak

Can she sit there and watch me eat steak as she eats the vegetables off my plate?

and for the record the wife is 4'11,, 81 pounds and my Labrador eats more than her.:cool:

Have her order a plate of vegetables if that's what she eats. Having her eat off your plate is poor etiquette. Fine if you do it in your own home but don't do that in public, IMO.

Right, if the real question is can I order extra food with my SDP and have her pick off my plate so I don't have to waste a credit on a non-steak eater - the answer is no. But you can use a credit for you and she can order a salad/app/side a la carte for a few $$.

I don't eat steak either but I did pretty good for myself at Cagney's. They have seafood and I think I remember seeing chicken on the menu.

IMHO, we would never occupy a seat another paying customer could have bought.

That's ridiculous. She's sharing a table with her husband. Whose seat is she occupying that someone else would occupy at the same table with her husband?

I agree with Bird Travels. Order whatever you want and share with your wife.

Fred Don't you just love how some people respond to your thread ? They don't know you or your wife but they are experts at telling you that you are cheap, that you are being disrespectful to your wife by eating when she doesn't want to or even lying about your wife.

For having a dinner in a certain restaurant and your wife not wanting to eat I know what you are talking about. My wife eats one meal a day and that's at lunch time. She will then only have juice for breakfast and in the evening. She is same height as your wife but at 94 lbs. .My wife has been eating this way for years as that is the way she grew up.

Often we will go to a restaurant and I will have my dinner and she will have a juice. So go ahead and do whatever you want to do as it's your wife's and your holiday.

Now I'm sure I will be called a BS'er