Uber at fort lauderdale and miami

Keith1010

I am just wondering what experiences have been in Miami and Fort Lauderdale using Uber whether it is to get between ports/hotels/airports.

When I say experience would to know about quality of vehicles, professionalism of driver and on-time pickup experience.

And for those of you who use Uber can you request a large vehicle (SUV) to accommodate extra luggage?

Thank you.

Keith

Keith,

Have not (yet) used Uber in Miami, but I have used Uber XL up here in the DC area to transport 4 of us plus bags to the airport for an international trip. What usually costs about $40 for a standard Uber cost me $75 for a GMC suburban that fit all of the many bags my souse and daughters insisted were required. :o

I have never had an Uber driver that was not polite and professional. Many up here provide bottled water during the summer months. The rating system for both customers and drivers is a big advantage.

We used uber in Miami in January for pickup from MIA for transport to the Intercontinental hotel. Our driver had a nice car, not beat up or anything. It was some sort of Chevy, maybe a Cruise? The driver was very polite and even asked us if we had a preferred route to get there. We laughed and said we had no idea so whatever he thought was fastest. We was talkative and asked us if the temperature in the car was comfortable.

I would use Uber again and I would recommend to a friend as well!

We used UberX from the FLL to Embassy suites. It was a corolla. (my first experience with Uber) It was better than a taxi

The next morning we used UberLux. It is was a new Infinity SUV.

After the cruise we used UberX to take use to the museum so we could spend time before our flight. It was a nice Tahoe.

From Las Olas to the airport we used UberX and it was a Camry. The outside was very nice but the inside had cuts in the Upholstery. Not anything worse that a taxi might have but not as nice as the other vehicles.

All of drivers were nice and I felt safe.

Looking forward to using Uber again when we go on our next cruise :-)

Edited by Justprettynpink

Used Uber for our ride from the Sleep Inn in Dania Beach to Port Everglades, my son got a car for 2 and I got a SUV for 4 of us. We used BlueHeron's code for $20 off, my sons ride was free and mine cost $6.23 for the four of us after the coupon! THANKS BLUEHERONS!!!

The black Honda Pilot that picked us up was the nicest and cleanest cab i have ever been in, the leather seats and friendly driver were the best!! It only took 4 minutes from the time we hit the button to order our Uber car till it showed up! Our friends that traveled with us decided to order a cab and they waited 30 minutes before they gave up and got the Uber app and their car was there in 5 minutes!

I did use a cab when we got off the Oasis, as they were right there when we got out of the terminal, cost us $12.90 to get a van ride for 4 to the airport.

Keith

I am just wondering what experiences have been in Miami and Fort Lauderdale using Uber whether it is to get between ports/hotels/airports.

When I say experience would to know about quality of vehicles, professionalism of driver and on-time pickup experience.

And for those of you who use Uber can you request a large vehicle (SUV) to accommodate extra luggage?

Thank you.

Keith

Keith,

We use Uber all the time, just got out of one coming home from the Heat game.

We have used Uber XL quite frequently with friends and also when we were going to the airport.

We also have Uber LUX and Uber LUX SUV here in Miami.

We have had some of the greatest drivers and some really nice cars. The Uber XL cars have to be able to seat at least 6 (which includes the driver) in the car.

Can honestly say that in all the rides that I have taken in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Honolulu I have only had one car that wasn't that great. One driver here in Miami that took us from Brickell over to South beach even had a cooler full of water for his passengers!

You get the estimate of when they are picking you up and most of the time I have experienced them coming before I can get down from the 43rd floor to my lobby. There have a been a few times where it adjusted by a couple of meets because the bridge was up or it was pouring but we have always been very fortunate. I know you like to stay right near me when you are coming to Miami and can tell you that they are very abundant in the area, right now it's 2 minutes at 9:23 pm.

I'd like to use UBER next week to get from FLL Airport to a downtown Miami Hotel. What's the best meeting spot to get a ride at the airport?

We used uber in Miami in January for pickup from MIA for transport to the Intercontinental hotel. Our driver had a nice car, not beat up or anything. It was some sort of Chevy, maybe a Cruise? The driver was very polite and even asked us if we had a preferred route to get there. We laughed and said we had no idea so whatever he thought was fastest. We was talkative and asked us if the temperature in the car was comfortable.

I would use Uber again and I would recommend to a friend as well!

I'd like to use UBER next week to get from FLL Airport to a downtown Miami Hotel. What's the best meeting spot to get a ride at the airport?

When you call your driver he/she will tell you where they want you to be. But we called ours after we had our luggage and we told them what airline we were with. They said to meet them outside in the pickup lane, in arrivals, right outside of baggage claim. They are used to the airport, if you tell them what airline you flew in with they will know where to find you. I just told the driver "I'm wearing a hot pink shirt and i'm standing by __" and he found me no problem.

Also I should add, I have used taxis a few times in Miami as well and our experience with Uber is far better than the taxi. When we arrived to Miami we had to change hotels because our hotel was oversold, so the hotel paid for a taxi for us to get there. Ugh that taxi driver was on his phone the entire time, didn't pay attention to where we told him we were going, almost drove away without our luggage being loaded, asked us 4 times what hotel we were going to. Dude come on it was a less than 5 minute trip, it's not that difficult... I highly recommend uber every single time over a taxi.

Every time I have used Uber at an airport the driver has contacted me for specific pick-up location. They typically use the lanes designated for passenger pick-up and not the taxi lanes.

Maybe I need to invest in an hot-pink shirt to make myself more visible. :cool:

We met our drive in the chauffeur/for hire area near the hotel shuttles. My driver did not know which terminal my airline flew into. So perhaps make a note of which terminal you are near.

Sometimes if the traffic is heavy the GPS will not show the exact location of you or the driver.

Hope you have a great cruise!

We used Uber for the first time on our January trip. We used it six times in all. Very good all around and we will definitely use Uber again.

We used the Lux option so I can't speak to the XL but the Lux cars (Yukon, Infiniti SUV, etc) were very nice. The drivers were professional and we felt safe.

At FLL, they can pick up only in certain areas but they will tell you where and find you. They are allowed in Port Everglades and picked us up quickly when we disembarked. Don't request your ride until you're ready to leave :)

This code is good for $15 off your first ride: UBERJOHNW2321UE

• 2 weeks later...

We just used Uber twice at MIA in the last week and a half. Took it from our place on Brickell to MIA and then from MIA home. One was even Friday night where we landed at 5:15 pm.

Both times being picked up at MIA were great. They even now have it where you can input your exact terminal. As you are waiting to get your bags or after you got them, you just put in your order. The driver called us both times and asked us which door we were in front of at the AA terminal. I would also tell him what color I was wearing to help him out and we had no issues finding the driver even when it was mayhem the one time. My rides to the area where the JW Marriott and Hampton Inn Brickell cost me around $15. Last one, $14.48.

Keith, obviously I haven't used them between the airport and port but we use Uber all the time.

The cars are always nice (I only use the regular Uber) and the only time I've ever had a problem was when the car was small (it was a four door) and I had to sit up front and the seat was pulled all the way up. I'm too tall for that! The car was immaculate and a late model but small.

Anyway, I can't say enough nice things about them.

Hello all,

Would anyone be able to give me an idea of approximately how much it will cost to take an Uber from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Miami International airport for 4 adults and 1 child with at least 4 luggage bags and 3 carry-on bags?

I used http://uberestimate.com/

to see that it should be between $65-85 (using UberXL)

My very recent Uber experience(s):

1/29/2016 stepped outside the baggage carousel for Delta at MIA, I believe it was baggage claim "D". Hit send on the Uber app and received a call back almost immediately. Attila found me with in about 5 minutes and picked us up in a brand new Infiniti Q50 sedan. Took us to the Holiday Inn at the POM and everything went swimmingly. Gave him a 5 star rating. I'm not sure how much it would have cost as it was free to me through a promo from Capital One credit card.

I was so impressed that the next morning I tried Uber again, even though it was a very short cab ride, $15, to the POM.

Disaster ensued. Stepped outside the Holiday Inn and hit the send button and immediately got a call back from a guy named Guellermo. The app showed him to be on 8th street, about 4 blocks away as we were on 4th street. Guellermo could NOT speak enough English to tell me anything other than, "I'm sorry, sir!" He was on another phone call or some other conversation the whole time he was on the phone to me and according to the app, his car never moved! After 7 minutes and 58 seconds of doing everything possible NOT to slam my phone into the ground, I announced to him as he couldn't even tell me the color of his car, I was not waiting for him anymore and cancelled via the app. We took the first cab in line and he said it would be $15, I knew it was cheaper but figured I was done dealing with transportation issues and told him OK but that would include his tip.

When I got to the POM and sat down waiting to board, I looked at my Uber app and they said they were charging me a $5 cancellation fee. I went to their website and tried to challenge it but they only give you canned FAQ problems to choose from, I chose driver couldn't find me and they immediately sent me a notice that the $5 fee would be charged to my CC on file but that I would have a $5 credit for future use.

No way no how!! As soon as I got home from our cruise I contested the $5 charge with Capital One and received an email stating that the charge would be removed.

That was my "Bi-Polar" Uber experience. The first one could not have gone smoother or more pleasant, the second was just the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...