Celebrity - Did we make a mistake?

ChitownChristina

We just returned from a RCI cruise and decided to book Celebrity for next year. 9162 on Millennium. Now I read our deck is completely covered, the ship has terrible reviews on here and a lot of negative Celebrity comments. Did we make a mistake? Does Celebrity attract cranky people ;)?

We sailed HAL before and liked it. I'm wondering if we should switch to that. We just want something a little quieter than RCI since we are not bringing the kids on this one. I will be 50 and hubby 53. I'd appreciate your frank insights.

We just returned from a RCI cruise and decided to book Celebrity for next year. 9162 on Millennium. Now I read our deck is completely covered, the ship has terrible reviews on here and a lot of negative Celebrity comments. Did we make a mistake? Does Celebrity attract cranky people ;)?

We sailed HAL before and liked it. I'm wondering if we should switch to that. We just want something a little quieter than RCI since we are not bringing the kids on this one. I will be 50 and hubby 53. I'd appreciate your frank insights.

Hi,

I have sailed on the Millennium and have had cabin 9162. it is a wonderful aft cabin, and it is 3/4 coverred. You will get plenty of sun in the afternoon.

we love the Millennium and the aft cabins. I don't believe for one minute that this ship has gotten many terrible reviews. There are many more glowing reviews versus negative. You'll meet some fantastic people on Celebrity. Be sure to join the roll call and sign up for the cruise critics party. It's a sure way to meet some fine folks.

Celebrity is perfect for something a little quieter. No blaring loud speaker announcements, etc. Celebrity is by far a cut above. Treat yourself to a wonderful dinner at the Olympic. It's an experience not to be missed.

We are in the same ago group as you, and Celebrity is our number one choice of cruise lines.

Mari

Hi:)

I haven't sailed the Millie but I love Celebrity. I think every board has negative reviews about each ship and each individual sailing too.

Also there are postive reviews about each as well.:)

I was on Century last month and had one of my best cruises ever:D Service, food, all of it was wonderful.

I found Celebrity in May 2003 and since that time have sailed with them 5 times and just booked my 6th.

I am 47 and my cruise experiences have been wonderful on X.

I did try HAL back in September and before I disembarked I knew my next cruise would be right back here on Celebrity.

Do they attract cranky people? I would bet you there are cranky

pax on every cruise:eek: but, thankfully there are lots and lots of

people who are not cranky too:D

5 more months till I cruise again!

I haven't been on the Millenium but have cruised on it's sister ships Constellation & Infinity. Their food & service is of the highest standard overall among all of my cruises so far (see my signature), I don't think you'll regret cruising with Celebrity.

For a person who has always sailed Princess we will be taking our first Celebrity cruise on the Infinity(sister to Milininum) next month. It is always good to try different lines. We are trying Celebrity this time but we already have a Princess booked for next year and trust me on this one there are always some negative reviews on ships. But the positive reviews always outweigh the negative. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

Take it from me, I was on the Millie last month and would challenge anyone to be disappointed. This was our first trip on Celebrity but hopefully won't be our last.

The ship was well maintained.

The food was great.

The service was better than any we have had before out of 11 cruises (NCL, Carnival, Princess).

Comes second only to the Summit (immediately after the Millennium cruise) in my opinion for the whole cruise experience.

I would rate the Millenium as a 9.5 out of 10. Hard to find fault with anything.

Enjoy

No way have you made a mistake:) We were on her for two weeks in the Med and stopped in places that are not even offered anymore:( 3 continents - Europe, Asia and Africa. All was top notch - it was the best cruise ever... with great food, folks and atmosphere:) :) (yes, 2 smileys) ENJOY!

The biggest mistake you could make would be to cancel...

BEST cruise I've ever been on was on the Millennium...

After sailing on five other cruise lines, it pretty much hooked me on Celebrity...

We've since sailed on her sister ships, the Summit and the Constellation and are going back on the Constellation in about 3 months...

You can find "bad" reviews on just about any ship...

Take them with a grain of salt...Some people just look for negatives...The overall impression I've got, talking with people on each Celebrity cruise, is pretty much a consensus that Celebrity outshines the other "mass-marketed" cruise lines...

It's always interesting to read the title of a thread or review- something like "Disaster at Sea- Infinity worst cruise ship in History!" and then read that the complaints were that someone couldn't get a cocktail when they wanted by the pool, they ran out of cold towels in one of seven ports, and they never served clam chowder!

Ahh, cruising is great, not perfect, but great, and take all reviews, good or bad, with a grain of salt. Except for rare occasions, most people who are not overly critical, are outgoing, and interested in the people and sights around them have a good cruise.

Enjoy yourselves!

Had this cabin on the transatlantic in Nov 04 and couldn't be happier. Large balcony 3/4 covered but you can move your lounge chairs more toward the aft and get sun, assuming the weather cooperates. Only negative (to us a positive) was that the guitarist (entertainer) is directly above you and plays till around 11pm..pretty loud if you are on your balcony. We considered it our own personal entertainment while we sipped our "beverages" and enjoyed the evening. If you have a positive personality, you will love it but if you are looking for negatives you'll find them. We will be leaving on Sunday on this ship and we have cabin #8185, one deck below and also an aft cabin. Enjoy and have a wonderful cruise.

We sailed HAL before and liked it.

HAL is terrible. HAL is very un-cooperative, HAL always says 'I'm afraid I can't do that Dave ...'... oh, wait, sorry, Stanley Kubrick moment.

No, I don't think you made a mistake. Relax, enjoy your cruise.

I have done both and find both very good. Best SERVICE ever was on Seabourn Goddess II (Now called something else).

If my investments do well, I may try Silversea, which I am told is THE best, and after adjusting for the free booze, tips included, etc., not THAT much more expensive.

I am happy with a little less expensive but nice ;like X.

The deluxe Cat S suite on HAL is extremely nice, and I love getting free laundry and cleaning. ALso the sort of private King's dining area.

But I have never had a bad cruise/ bad air? yes , but not bad cruise.

Gene in Birmingham

We loved the Millie.......just had a bad cabin, 9151, which I have discussed before....under the galley - they gave us a credit as we got no sleep. Had a GREAT time and it was a beautiful ship. Dont cancel!!!!! Loved the aft bar w/ the teak tables.......our favorite "sail away" spot!!!! Enjoy!!!! Wondering if Tony Suwamee still plays back there?????? He is GREAT and we bought his CD and LOVE it!!!

I read bad reviews about the last cruise i took also. I was really having my doubts. Maybe it was a good thing because the reviews didn't fit our impression. We had a great time and I'm sure you will too. Don't place a whole lot of stock on so called bad reviews. A cruise is what you make it. The Millie is a fine ship as I've been led to understand. Go and have a GREAT time!

it is true that some ships are better than others. That's the facts, but I've never had a bad cruise. Enjoy.

Cruisin Rick

Christina and John,

Just read your question about 9162 on the Millie. In May we'll be on the Infinity to Alaska in #9162. We're so excited to get that aft cabin. We'll let you know when we get back if we made the right choice.

frown.gif Just got off Millie on 4-3-2005. First time sailing Celebrity. We were told it was the best cruise line to take and that we would love it.

The no annoucement was a nice feature. However, the Millie needs to be dry docked and fixed up a little. I don't like the fake flowers. I appreciate live flower arrangements. I didn't see one live arrangement except on the diiner table which was a single orchid. This was very disappointing to us.

We usually sail HAL or RCL. This was our 7th cruise and I wasn't overly impressed with our food. The service was excellent however, the meals were just good and the desserts were so-so. We don't cruise for the food we cruise to be waited on.

I'm disabled and have to use scooter the assistance I received was excellent boarding and debarking. However, it is really hard to get and elevator when you need to get anywhere if disabled and using a scooter.

However, we loved our HAL cruise last October to the Western Carribean. RCL to Alaska RT from Vancouver in July 2004 was the best cruise we have taken so far. The service and food was excellent.

I was expecting a lot more out of Millie and was let down a little. We will try Celebrity again. But for now we will stay with HAL and RCL.

Archived