Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

..."far ahead??"..I have one for 10/2011!!!

Looks like rates went up a bit on the Adventure of the Seas, November Eastbound TA today. Luckily, I booked a Promenade Cabin over the weekend. :) It is strange to be have a reservation so far before sailing time.

FYI--

RCCL's 11/28 TA on Adventure of the Seas: the balcony price is now LOWER than an outside cabin!

I know that several of us who follow this thread are on this cruise, and might want to know this! (Can't wait to meet y'all at the M&M!)

Yes! for Cruise West! Voyage IV leaving Oman April 17, 2010 to Egypt May 5th - No single supplement.

This is a trip of a lifetime that I could not afford if I had to pay 200%. Snorkeling in the Red Sea, and in Oman, Suez Canal, Petra Jordan, Eritrea, Pyramids and Valley of the Kings and Luxor. I also had the choice of free airfare or the 3 day add on in Cairo!

It is a small ship, and all excursions are covered.

It would be fun to have some other singles/solos on board.

Oregonskier

POSH - Port Out Starboard Home - from a European point of view. :)

The acronym came about for the wives going eastwards to join their officer husbands serving in India during the Raj: it was meant to avoid the sun (no airconditioning) for an almost bearable cabin. Since the richer ones got the portside cabins, posh came to mean rich or upperclass.

But yes, of course, it does apply nowadays to a westwards transatlantic to be on the sunny side of the ship.

Yes! for Cruise West! Voyage IV leaving Oman April 17, 2010 to Egypt May 5th - No single supplement.

This is a trip of a lifetime that I could not afford if I had to pay 200%. Snorkeling in the Red Sea, and in Oman, Suez Canal, Petra Jordan, Eritrea, Pyramids and Valley of the Kings and Luxor. I also had the choice of free airfare or the 3 day add on in Cairo!

It is a small ship, and all excursions are covered.

It would be fun to have some other singles/solos on board.

Oregonskier

Did I read that right? $9,000?????

The acronym came about for the wives going eastwards to join their officer husbands serving in India during the Raj: it was meant to avoid the sun (no airconditioning) for an almost bearable cabin. Since the richer ones got the portside cabins, posh came to mean rich or upperclass.

But yes, of course, it does apply nowadays to a westwards transatlantic to be on the sunny side of the ship.

No air-conditioning? Were they given onboard credits and 50% off a future cruise? LOL

Edited by cruise pup

For anyone interested:

Celebrity's SUMMIT is doing a New England/Bermuda itinerary starting in

April and the month of May has some very good prices:)

The SS is still the normal but the price itself is really low (in my opinion)

I got an inside cabin for just over a grand and the price dropped

twice in the last week:D

I book directly with the cruiseline and they will reduce your price anytime

the cabin category goes down:)

Edited by Lois R

Thanks Lois for the info, but for me I live in the Northeast and want to go somewhere warm. Alaska doesn't even draw my interest.

Hi, well, it may work for some other folks;)...Spring up in New England

sounds lovely to me:D

Hi, well, it may work for some other folks;)...Spring up in New England

sounds lovely to me:D

Sounds great to me too Lois, New England/Canada was one of my favorite sailings. Thanks for taking the time to post the deal. :)

Sounds great to me too Lois, New England/Canada was one of my favorite sailings. Thanks for taking the time to post the deal. :)

Hi Jack...I see you have 3 cruises listed in your signature:)

Any chance you can sneak in a 4th?:D;)

I thought this was a good deal... (available on Celebrity website):

Cruise:1,179.00Tax:109.86 TOTAL:1,288.86

Celebrity Century

Guest(s): 1 Adults

Dates: Mon 03-May-2010 to Mon 10-May-2010

Itinerary:

Miami, Florida , At Sea , George Town, Grand Cayman , Cozumel, Mexico , Playa Del Carmen, Mexico , Key West, Florida

Vista Deck, Concierge Class (Veranda with fresh flowers, fruit and welcome Champagne, private embarkation)

Plus found airfare extremely reasonable for those dates. ($84 to MIA on AA 5/2), return flight under $200.

... I've never been on Celebrity, but I think I'll be booking this cruise. I've been searching for a good deal for ages, and this seems to fit the bill for me.

PAT, I know it's not the ports you'd prefer, but maybe something to consider :p

Hi, I just did Celebrity for the 1st time this past Nov. on a TA and it was the best cruise so far, I loved it and can't wait to cruise w/them again! have a blast:D I went solo and it was fine, you meet people no matter what!

I thought this was a good deal... (available on Celebrity website):

Cruise:1,179.00Tax:109.86 TOTAL:1,288.86

Celebrity Century

Guest(s): 1 Adults

Dates: Mon 03-May-2010 to Mon 10-May-2010

Itinerary:

Miami, Florida , At Sea , George Town, Grand Cayman , Cozumel, Mexico , Playa Del Carmen, Mexico , Key West, Florida

Vista Deck, Concierge Class (Veranda with fresh flowers, fruit and welcome Champagne, private embarkation)

Plus found airfare extremely reasonable for those dates. ($84 to MIA on AA 5/2), return flight under $200.

... I've never been on Celebrity, but I think I'll be booking this cruise. I've been searching for a good deal for ages, and this seems to fit the bill for me.

PAT, I know it's not the ports you'd prefer, but maybe something to consider :p

Hi, I just did Celebrity for the 1st time this past Nov. on a TA and it was the best cruise so far, I loved it and can't wait to cruise w/them again! have a blast:D I went solo and it was fine, you meet people no matter what!

I'm really excited!! Thanks for letting me know you did solo and had a great time!

I'm really excited!! Thanks for letting me know you did solo and had a great time!

Nancy, I love Celebrity and you got a wonderful price on that CC

Balcony:D. Congratulations.:) I have sailed CENTURY 5 times and

Celebrity 24 times so if you have any questions I will be glad to try

and help.

I am already cruising in May so I can't do that one;). I am sure you

will have a great time:D

Edited by Lois R

Nancy, I love Celebrity and you got a wonderful price on that CC

Balcony:D. Congratulations.:) I have sailed CENTURY 5 times and

Celebrity 24 times so if you have any questions I will be glad to try

and help.

I am already cruising in May so I can't do that one;). I am sure you

will have a great time:D

Thanks Lois! As everyone here I've followed your posts for years and if I have any questions/concerns I'll be sure to ask you :)