Bringing soda onboard question

GeorgiaMomof4

One more question for all of you Carnival cruisers.

We are going to bring sodas on and would like to split a 12 pack - 1/2 coke and 1/2 sprite.

Can we do that - and then tape it back or are they going to disassemble it and ask questions?

We aren't trying to smuggle anything - just like a variety of drinks.

Carnival's policy states:

"A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person."

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

The carton thing is irrelevant.

Have a great cruise.

The ends on the cartons are just glued. I would just put the coke on the bottom of a sprite 12 pack or the other way around and re-glue. Big deal, if they are going to stop you and question that then you surely look like a saint compared to all the "free booze" cruisers. That's Loserville in my opinion. What you are doing should be fine.

You will be fine. worst case they open the box and see it's all soda and you have to put it back together. Bring some extra tape or something. You can also bring a 12 pack of both if you like (I'm assuming there is more than 1 of you in the cabin).

When carrying a 12 pack of soda do you carry it in you luggage or separate?

You have to carry it on. It can be in the box, in a bag, in a suitcase, in a cooler, in a whatever. You could even attempt to carry 12 loose cans. They don't care what it is in as long as it is non-alcoholic, each can/carton is 12 oz or less, and you have 12 or fewer per person.

You can bring on 12 different sodas per person if you wish. It doesn't matter. They also don't have to be in the sealed carton. Last year my carton busted on me and I ended up having to put all of my sodas in a Target bag and carry them on. They don't care what brand they are or if they're in a sealed box, as long as it's 12 unopened cans you're good.

Could you bring a 24-pack if two of you are traveling? Or do you have to bring two 12-packs?

If 1 person is cruising you can bring 12 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 2 people are cruising you can take 24 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 3 people are cruising, you can take 36 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 4 people are cruising you can take 48 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 5 people are cruising, you can take 60 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

:cool:

If 1 person is cruising you can bring 12 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 2 people are cruising you can take 24 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 3 people are cruising, you can take 36 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 4 people are cruising you can take 48 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

If 5 people are cruising, you can take 60 cans. It doesn't matter how they're packaged.

Ha! Kinda thought so based on your responses, but just wanted to make certain. Thanks! :-)

Ha! Kinda thought so based on your responses, but just wanted to make certain. Thanks! :-)

You're welcome. You can also buy more when you're in port if you run out. Also be careful how you carry them and not by the handle that's meant for carrying... They break really easy. :'):mad:

You're welcome. You can also buy more when you're in port if you run out. Also be careful how you carry them and not by the handle that's meant for carrying... They break really easy. :'):mad:

Yeah, had that happen when we were getting on NCL once. Stupid cardboard packaging.

We are planning to put ours in a carry-on suitcase so having to drag that around shouldn't be too terrible (FTTF has been sold out since we booked our cruise last August).

But what if I have 6 people? Does it matter that two people are under 5'4" tall?

What is the maximum amount of cans that the Vista will have based on all cabins filled to capacity? Also, based on the average weight of said cans, how many tons will this be? ;p

I don't know if that's true. I was denied bringing a full can of coke that I didn't drink while on an excursion. So maybe only the port of origin.

Yes, you can bring more on in ports. JH confirmed this on FB. The only carry-on item restricted to home port only is wine.

I have a soda question, hopefully you don't mind me asking here. Can I bring on Ginger Beer. It is non alcoholic but it does say Beer on it. Think they will let me pass?

Technically yes. However that would require some common sense from the terminal workers and we all know common sense isn't so common these days.

I have a soda question, hopefully you don't mind me asking here. Can I bring on Ginger Beer. It is non alcoholic but it does say Beer on it. Think they will let me pass?

As long as it is 12oz or smaller can or carton you should be fine. They allow Ginger Ale and Root Beer (and probably Birch Beer) so Ginger Beer should be fine. I usually only find it in bottles though.