fresh juice

coopster

we are going on the adventure of the seas where are you able to get fresh OJ and are you able to get it all day

Breakfast in Windjammer and the MDR. I don't believe you can get it all day.

Only if you buy the package that includes fresh OJ.

Otherwise....no

Immaterial as to whether or not you have the package - if you don't, you can pay for it when available, but I don't believe it is all day.

I was on the Adventure last month and always got the fresh orange every morning in either the Windjammer or the main dining room (we had the Deluxe Drink Package so it was included). What I didn't like though was that the orange was already prepared and kept in plastic cups in a fridge at the bread/toast station in the Windjammer. I never once saw it being freshly squeezed and it sort of didn't taste as good drinking it out of a flimsy plastic cup.

Just off the Vision yesterday. I noticed several times that they were cutting the fresh squeezed OJ with equal parts of water.

Well, they didn't say the fresh squeezed OJ was undiluted.:rolleyes:

On the Freedom last fall, fresh squeezed was available in the Windjammer. Squeezed while you wait. In the MDR, it tasted like bottles Tropicana, not fresh squeezed.I'd go up to the WJ to get it while everyone else got a table.

On Grandeur in Aug I did it a couple of mornings in WJ. They had it pre-squeezed, but in pitchers, so they poured a glass.

Just off the Vision yesterday. I noticed several times that they were cutting the fresh squeezed OJ with equal parts of water.

I have never seen that before. Whenever I have gotten the juice they have put the oranges in the machine and the juice comes out into a cup. I wonder if the pre-squeezed that SRF saw was also diluted? Maybe this is a new cost gutting measure?

As a born and bread resident of Florida, it always crack me up about "fresh squeezed OJ"

Most of the OJ that appears in the US are from Florida groves and Brazil groves. Oranges that you eat mostly from California or other countries.

Oranges only come to ripeness once a year.

So historically they would concentrate the OJ at the peak of their season and then freeze, (think the small frozen cans) that you would reconstitute it yourself.

Now they hold oranges in big buildings so they can say "not from concentrate".

If you do a taste tests, an orange juice made from concentrate, actually tastes better than not from concentrate.

Now back on subject.

The stuff they serve in the buffet is schlock. To keep it cold the attendants will put ice in the individual cups which waters it down. This doesn't apply to the OJ coming from the press, but see above about where those oranges came from an their applicability to making OJ

On Harmony last month, it was available in the MDR and in the Windjammer. Both locations had the machine that squeezed the oranges, but you were poured a cup of juice from a pitcher when you ordered. The amount of juice the machine could make at one time would've created a big line, so they "pre-squeeze" the juice. The crew member makes more as needed, but he always had about 3-4 pitchers ready at a time. It was $5 per glass (plus gratuity) if you didn't have the package.

Our last cruise on Freedom, the machine in the Windjammer didn't start being used until 7 AM. And the attendant would not squeeze out a glass of O.J. even one minute before and even then it was with a bit of an attitude.:rolleyes:

Didn't mention our ship because it wasn't part of the OP question. We cruised on the Allure and had good juice options, including smoothies and mixed juice drinks. Everything was covered by the refreshment package except protein shakes.

I have never seen that before. Whenever I have gotten the juice they have put the oranges in the machine and the juice comes out into a cup. I wonder if the pre-squeezed that SRF saw was also diluted? Maybe this is a new cost gutting measure?

We didn't have a beverge package this time, so we didn't order fresh-squeezed OJ. I was happy with the stuff that came out of the do-it-yourself dispenser.

However, the fresh squeezed that I saw was so diluted that it barely resembled OJ, and there was no pulp in it (which I would expect in fresh squeezed). It was kept in a small dispenser near the other dispensers, and there was someone assigned to dole it out. I never saw the machine in use so I'm not even sure what they were serving was fresh squeezed.

I would be pretty POd if I paid $5 for that swill!!

Later in the cruise there were peeled and sliced oranges in the breakfast buffet line. They were VERY sour.