Harmony of seas 2018 presidents cruise question

Hello

My wife and I went on our first cruise with a bunch of our family (Seasoned vets when it comes to cruising) this past July aboard the Oasis of the seas. While on board we booked for the presidents cruise on the Harmony in 2018. What is to be expected on the presidents cruise as opposed to a regular one? The agent who booked us while on board said the CEO of RI will be on board, but other than that they had no info. I overheard gifts are left for you? I was just trying to get some in sight.

This is the 3rd Annual President's Cruise.

I went on both cruise from Fort Lauderdale and Barcleons.

The cruise is a step above the normal cruises. The C/A team go all out. They literally roll out the red carpet on the boarding ramp, have hundreds of fresh flowers and arrangements, champagne upon boarding, multiple entertainment and special entertainment, many Miami folks, crew member games, and awesome excursions, crafts, free cruise give aways.

The first cruise we received hats, diaries, pens, water bottles. The second cruise we received hats, lanyards, luggage straps, nice water bottles, a bottle of Moet Chandon and a St. Thomas excursion.

Patti Labelle entertained us on the first cruise and the second we were treated to a flamenco dance and concert by the Gypsy Kings with Spanish wine and Tapas in an ancient bullfighting ring.

You picked a wonderful cruise.

This is the 3rd Annual President's Cruise.

I went on both cruise from Fort Lauderdale and Barcleons.

The cruise is a step above the normal cruises. The C/A team go all out. They literally roll out the red carpet on the boarding ramp, have hundreds of fresh flowers and arrangements, champagne upon boarding, multiple entertainment and special entertainment, many Miami folks, crew member games, and awesome excursions, crafts, free cruise give aways.

The first cruise we received hats, diaries, pens, water bottles. The second cruise we received hats, lanyards, luggage straps, nice water bottles, a bottle of Moet Chandon and a St. Thomas excursion.

Patti Labelle entertained us on the first cruise and the second we were treated to a flamenco dance and concert by the Gypsy Kings with Spanish wine and Tapas in an ancient bullfighting ring.

You picked a wonderful cruise.

Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome. We're extremely excited. I noticed we're in Labadee from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM that day. See like a very nice long day in a beauiful place

Also forgot to mention they had fireworks as we were leaving one of the ports.

2016 President's cruise; midnight fireworks & midnight buffet while in port at San Juan, I think we were in port 'til 2 am. One night, on the promenade, big balloon drop and party at midnight. Michael Bayley & staff gave away several nice prizes, including some 2 (or 3) night cruises and a full week cruise on the (then) new Harmony. As irishgal said, lots of extra events and goodies, a small gift left in the room almost every night. Each C&A level had their own event. Enjoyed the 2016 cruise so much we signed up for '18 as soon as we saw it.

Hello

My wife and I went on our first cruise with a bunch of our family (Seasoned vets when it comes to cruising) this past July aboard the Oasis of the seas. While on board we booked for the presidents cruise on the Harmony in 2018. What is to be expected on the presidents cruise as opposed to a regular one? The agent who booked us while on board said the CEO of RI will be on board, but other than that they had no info. I overheard gifts are left for you? I was just trying to get some in sight.

Hi.

What date is the presidents cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
The 2018 President's Cruise will be held on the September 29, 2018 sailing of Harmony of the Seas out of Port Everglades, Florida. Royal Caribbean

Cabins, for Suites are double normal price. Lots of great excursions on 2017 cruise but very pricey. To attend with MB, $300-500.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...
Cabins, for Suites are double normal price. Lots of great excursions on 2017 cruise but very pricey. To attend with MB, $300-500.

That is really odd, because we went on our first cruise July of 2017 on the OOTS. I was actually at sea for the 4th of July, and the presidential cruise is on the HOTS and it was cheaper

That is really odd, because we went on our first cruise July of 2017 on the OOTS. I was actually at sea for the 4th of July, and the presidential cruise is on the HOTS and it was cheaper

What type of Suite did you book? GS prices were hovering around $12k.

We had a blast on 2017 Presidents Cruise. The MB Excursions are well thought out but very expensive. It was between $300-500 pp on those excursions with MB.

We would have loved to take another one but the price of cabins, the fact that it was a Florida sailing and likely a huge number of P’s onboard because of the SL/CK.

The food was special on this cruise I guess since all the heads of state out of Miami were on this cruise.

This is a C&A Cruise. Millie was asked if access to the SL/CK would be an issue for Suite Guests. Her reply was something like this..... if you would be disappointed if you didn’t have access to the SL/CK, I would suggest you NOT book this cruise.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

July is peak season. September is always an inexpensive time to cruise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I am so excited about this cruise. will be our first President's cruise and we plan to make it an annual cruise as long as it sails from Florida or Puerto Rico. We won't fly to Europe to do it but will do it every year as long as we can go from here.

Also expect thousands of diamond and above and hundreds of pinnacles. if you are diamond or above and like the lounge it will be very crowded. Even a coffee might be hard to get in the morning.

I am hoping that with the president on board, they will make another location essentially a diamond lounge for the duration of the cruise. How embarrassing would that be to have people turned away from the longe while he is on board. Celebrity has been using their sky lounge which is probably 3 or 4 times the size of the deck 11 diamond lounge. I can not even imagine how small the deck 4 lounge must be.

I am hoping that with the president on board, they will make another location essentially a diamond lounge for the duration of the cruise. How embarrassing would that be to have people turned away from the longe while he is on board. Celebrity has been using their sky lounge which is probably 3 or 4 times the size of the deck 11 diamond lounge. I can not even imagine how small the deck 4 lounge must be.

Not sure how they will handle it but the sheer number of diamond and above will make it very hard to handle diamond hours. Being very crowded in these venues is likely a given no matter what they do.

And though they will open over flow lounges they will still likely be crowded and they won’t have the premium coffee machines in those places. The diamond club coffee machine will be in over drive and there will be lines for it. Perhaps they will give diamond and above free coffee at other places since it is the presidents cruise. Maybe they will do more than 3 drink vouchers but I doubt it. I hope so for all that are going as that would be nice.

On Freedom Presidents Cruise this past September, the DL was for Pinnacle, Olive or Twist for D+ and Star Lounge for D. Last two night they opened the Viking Crown for D and D+.

The CL remained open for Suites, P, & D+.

On Freedom Presidents Cruise this past September, the DL was for Pinnacle, Olive or Twist for D+ and Star Lounge for D. Last two night they opened the Viking Crown for D and D+.

The CL remained open for Suites, P, & D+.

Just curious, how crowded were the venues?

The venues on the Barcelona cruise wasn't too crowded. I do not think there were very high numbers of Pinnacle, Dplus and D. On the first one, the Pinnacle has the Concierge Lounge and they oprened up the two venues by the comedy club for Diamond plus and Diamond. We were in a suite and the suite lounge tended to be crowded.