Room service service charge

yags

Just curious why the coffee was "undrinkable." Does this also mean that the cabins don't have individual coffee/ tea pots in the room?

If you want good coffee from room service, skip ordering coffee - - ask for a large pot of hot water. Pick up a package of the Starbucks Via instant coffee, they are quite good in a pinch and beats running downstairs to pay for decent coffee.

Recently completed 34 days on the Diamond Princess. After about the third day I found it more convenient to call room service for breakfast vice hanging the menu on the door. The menu didn’t state all the items available. Often ordered a veggie omelet and hash browns among other items. You were lucky. I've ordered off menu...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

Never took more than 10 minutes from order to delivery instead of not knowing when during the 1/2 hour time frame on the menu. No extra charge other than the tip I gave the server.

see above

If someone dressed in an uncomfortable uniform balances a heavy tray full of food, without spilling, to my cabin door and smilingly and politely brings it inside, that few bucks I hand them is so insignificant in my life that I can't even imagine wasting the time it would take to concern myself over how that those dollar bills fit into their financial situation.

Don't you think you should stop and explain to them that everyone should be paid a reasonable wage,

and even though they are lower than bilge oil, have not power whatsoever, they should change the wage

structure on all ships, and realize that tipping is not for ordinary service?

I'm joking by suggesting that anyone do this, as there are already enough posters here who do this...

The Regal Princess room service menu changed as part of the Medallion rollout and charges on certain other items:

This was also on Royal in December.

Posters here didn't seem to believe me that there were room services items with charges.

It about time.

The people who use the service should pay something for it. At least for certain items.

This is perfect for the people who think they should slow down everyone's service by writing

in their special orders on the breakfast hang tag.

We were told that the charge for pizza was instituted in order to deal with teens ( and probably some other ages) who were ordering large numbers of pizzas which would be found in the trash later. But yes' date=' there is a $3 charge for a full pizza. And there are some items, clearly indicated on the menu, which have a charge. This is not a delivery charge, but rather a purchase charge for those items.

Your information is correct. There are cruise lines that charge $7 and up for delivery of any order of any size. Princess does not do this. I have declined to cruise the line that I'm aware of that has this delivery charge. At the same time they instituted this, there were several other charges started as well....and I don't want to be nickel and dimed to death on a cruise.[/quote']

Seriously, I think the trash bins full of food is the reality of the lousy, crappy, poor quality of food. NOT of waste for the sake of waste.

My last cruise, May 2017 on NCL Sky, the food was AWFUL. I had full meals left on the table in the MDR.

This was also on Royal in December.

Posters here didn't seem to believe me that there were room services items with charges.

Interesting you say so, as we were on Royal in March, and the menu was exact same as its been for yesrs.. our cabin, at least, did not have the menu pictured above.. Had the old menus, only charge for pizza - or for the "hospitality" platters.. Our friends had same old menu also...

Ridiculous to suppose that writing in a preference would slow someone else's service.

Absurd to assume it doesn't.

You staff with a certain number of people to support the product / service you supply.

Dis-courteous users assume that they deserve something special.

How does the production of something special happen? Magic?

If it's not on the menu, someone has to take a special action to get it for the passenger.

...delaying them from serving the passengers who are following to rules.

Going forward, I don't think it will matter. Princess will simply offer the special items

for a charge.

From your post, you must be special.

Ridiculous to suppose that writing in a preference would slow someone else's service.

I'm not to sure that it doesn't slow down the whole process.

Even in the DR if you order a plate of something without certain side items, many times the waiter will just remove the unwanted things, scrape them in the garbage & serve you what you requested. It sure saves them time rather than wait for a special request.

It's just faster to prepare a standard item than tailoring it for a specific individual.

Multiply that by dozens of requests & it adds up quickly.

Interesting you say so, as we were on Royal in March, and the menu was exact same as its been for yesrs.. our cabin, at least, did not have the menu pictured above.. Had the old menus, only charge for pizza - or for the "hospitality" platters.. Our friends had same old menu also...

Strange. I looked through the new menu, and really thought the things looked good.

But, being cheap, I just couldn't bring myself to pay, when there was so much free food available.

Strange. I looked through the new menu, and really thought the things looked good.

But, being cheap, I just couldn't bring myself to pay, when there was so much free food available.

They like to make it seem that the charged items are really something special.

There's always something to be found that's just as good for free elsewhere but of course you'll have to get them yourself. :D

I think the new menus look good too - would have loved to have had them on our recent Royal cruise. I doubt we woukd have ordered any fee items, but woukd have tried some of the new offerings that had no fees.

We most definitely didn't have them in our book on the desk, nor did our friends in their cabin. Strange some did and some didn't.

• 2 weeks later...
There's always something to be found that's just as good for free elsewhere but of course you'll have to get them yourself. :D

There are lots of pizza delivery guys, uber eaters, delivery dudes (and dudettes) making a living based on my fundamental laziness.

This is why I’m so grateful to have Cruise Critic. There’s so much we wouldn’t ever know if not for being a part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Off the Grand Princess few weeks ago, agree no charge for reg room service items. Don’t blame them for delivery charge on Pizza. One problem I see on all lines is folks waste lot of food, and it ends yup thrown out. Cruise fares would level out I bet if folks take from buffet or order that they think here going to eat. Cost is cost and affect bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums