Adventure of the seas cruise 2 person restriction per stateroom cabin

Royal Caribbean told me there is a 2 person restriction on each stateroom. I asked during booking what do I do if my girlfriend wants to join in the room. They said the coast guard has a restriction on right now to not book more then 2 people per room and to call next week it will change. I have been checking for over a week now and there is no change. Do they ever lift this restriction or limitation? Or were they pulling my leg and got me to pay in full 2 months before my cruise? Thank you for the help.

It could be that th cruise you are wanting to book has used up the lifeboat capacity in certain muster stations. Whan that happens, they cannot book any more than two guests per stateroom on that area.

All triple and quad staterooms for your cruise are currently showing "sold out".

What cabin have you already booked?

ETA: Actually, it's Saturday night, so the website is "down for maintenance", so there may be more information tomorrow.

All triple and quad staterooms for your cruise are currently showing "sold out".

What cabin have you already booked?

ETA: Actually, it's Saturday night, so the website is "down for maintenance", so there may be more information tomorrow.

Nope. All cabins with more than two berths are showing "unavailable". So unless you already have a cabin for three, there is currently no way to sail with three in one cabin.

And if you already have a cabin with three berths booked for two, as stated above, your muster station may have reached its permitted maximum.

You are looking at a sailing at a very desirable time on a very desirable ship on a short time frame. I am not surprised that all 3 & 4 berth cabins are already booked.

Thank you for all the help. I booked a grand suite for 2, so I guess only option is for her to book a room by herself to come along. I just wish I knew before they never take off the 2 person limit per room, so I could have looked into other cruise options.

Thank you for all the help. I booked a grand suite for 2, so I guess only option is for her to book a room by herself to come along. I just wish I knew before they never take off the 2 person limit per room, so I could have looked into other cruise options.

This is one reason why we tell people to book 3 in the stateroom if there is the slightest chance someone else will be coming. You can cancel the third person up until 2 weeks before the cruise with no penalty.

This is one reason why we tell people to book 3 in the stateroom if there is the slightest chance someone else will be coming. You can cancel the third person up until 2 weeks before the cruise with no penalty.

That is something I have never known before. Thanks for sharing.

I have never heard this. Thanks for the info. I just “assumed” the third person had the same cancellation policy as the others in the stateroom.

I've seen it stated elsewhere, that they'll also restrict 3rd and 4th guests, when the remaining cabins, at double occupancy, would bring the ship to capacity. This is because most of the revenue comes from the first two guests.

I hope I worded that so that it makes sense.

This is all news to me as well about restricting if the muster station is at capacity. I have seen many statistics on many ships showing the double occupancy max, and the all berths full max. It seemed reasonable to assume (ha!) that the design of the ship allowed for it to sail with all berths occupied. I would have thought every ship can always sail that way.

This is all news to me as well about restricting if the muster station is at capacity. I have seen many statistics on many ships showing the double occupancy max, and the all berths full max. It seemed reasonable to assume (ha!) that the design of the ship allowed for it to sail with all berths occupied. I would have thought every ship can always sail that way.

Every ship has more "berths" (beds, pullmans, sofa beds) than lifeboat capacity. Why? To allow those who wish to book 3 or 4 in a cabin to have choices in cabin categories. The "all berths full" max that you talk about is not "all berths full", it is the lifeboat capacity.

I certainly understand that the ship “souls onboard” count can’t go above the life boat capacity count. However, it had not dawned on me that the lifeboat max allowance would be less than “all berths” occupied. Since RC has begun in the last year or so to restrict

the 3/4 person cabins on many ships/sail dates to bookings that include 3/4 people it would not have occurred to me that “ship’s capacity” could be reached otherwise. Very good info to know.

... Since RC has begun in the last year or so to restrict

the 3/4 person cabins on many ships/sail dates to bookings that include 3/4 people ...

I don't believe this is a new policy from Royal. I've been reading about 3/4 guests being restricted by lifeboat capacity for many years.

I don't believe this is a new policy from Royal. I've been reading about 3/4 guests being restricted by lifeboat capacity for many years.

Sorry.....I didn’t word that well! I’ll try again. What I meant is that since on many ships/saildates RC is not allowing a party of two to book a room that could hold 3 or 4. Until 18 mos or so ago, I could book any room for two. It didn’t matter if it held 2,3, or 4, I could book it on most ships/sailings with just 2. Then about 18 mos ago they started only allowing bookings that had 3 or more guests in the rooms that hold 3 or more on most ships/sailings. They then only open those cabins up to 2 guests much closer to sailing....if at all. (Usually by then prices have increased.) So what I was trying to say is since RC is trying to “force” 3 or 4 into the cabins that hold 3 or 4 it had not dawned on me that lifeboat capacity could be reached with less than “full occupancy” in all berths.

Hope I worded this a little better.

Sorry.....I didn’t word that well! I’ll try again. What I meant is that since on many ships/saildates RC is not allowing a party of two to book a room that could hold 3 or 4. Until 18 mos or so ago, I could book any room for two. It didn’t matter if it held 2,3, or 4, I could book it on most ships/sailings with just 2. Then about 18 mos ago they started only allowing bookings that had 3 or more guests in the rooms that hold 3 or more on most ships/sailings. They then only open those cabins up to 2 guests much closer to sailing....if at all. (Usually by then prices have increased.) So what I was trying to say is since RC is trying to “force” 3 or 4 into the cabins that hold 3 or 4 it had not dawned on me that lifeboat capacity could be reached with less than “full occupancy” in all berths.

Yes, I understand what you meant now.

It isn't "never". It's "sometimes". You are in one of those times.

We encountered that with our upcoming cruise on Adventure. We were booked 3 people in a 3 person cabin. Our daughter had to cancel, and they wanted to move us to another cabin, despite there being no open balconies at the time. We waited until closer to sailing and tried again; had to get a supervisor to call Revenue to get the cabin released for 2 people.

As you said, it wasn't an issue in the past.

Royal Caribbean told me there is a 2 person restriction on each stateroom. I asked during booking what do I do if my girlfriend wants to join in the room. They said the coast guard has a restriction on right now to not book more then 2 people per room and to call next week it will change. I have been checking for over a week now and there is no change. Do they ever lift this restriction or limitation? Or were they pulling my leg and got me to pay in full 2 months before my cruise? Thank you for the help.

What s the current ON BOARD BOOKING Promotion for the Adventure of the Seas?

If you booked with a non refundable deposit as well?

Or are you saying to book a 3rd person with no deposit?

How would this work?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How would this work?

I don't know how this would work with a non-refundable deposit. Maybe one of our resident travel agents can chime in?

However, it had not dawned on me that the lifeboat max allowance would be less than “all berths” occupied. Since RC has begun in the last year or so to restrict

the 3/4 person cabins on many ships/sail dates to bookings that include 3/4 people it would not have occurred to me that “ship’s capacity” could be reached otherwise.

The % capacity at which RCI ships have been sailing has been creeping up - on avg at 108% for the whole RCCL fleet - however, I've seen ships at 120% recently, probably to coincide with further limiting folks' ability to book only 2 people in a cabin that can accommodate more.

The % capacity at which RCI ships have been sailing has been creeping up - on avg at 108% for the whole RCCL fleet - however, I've seen ships at 120% recently, probably to coincide with further limiting folks' ability to book only 2 people in a cabin that can accommodate more.

Right, Biker, but then they apparently must need more lifeboats, or, I suspect, more life rafts - In addition to the rigid boats alongside a deck full of staterooms, they have these big drums with inflatable life rafts, which probably hold even more people than the boats. I don't understand why they wouldn't just haul a couple more of those onboard in order to be able to fill all the berths. We have sailed 2 years in a row at Spring Break, on Carnival and RC, and I believe both were very, very close to all berth max.

Right, Biker, but then they apparently must need more lifeboats, or, I suspect, more life rafts - In addition to the rigid boats alongside a deck full of staterooms, they have these big drums with inflatable life rafts, which probably hold even more people than the boats. I don't understand why they wouldn't just haul a couple more of those onboard in order to be able to fill all the berths. We have sailed 2 years in a row at Spring Break, on Carnival and RC, and I believe both were very, very close to all berth max.

Hopefully the Chief can weigh in on this, but I believe that those inflatable rafts cannot be counted as lifeboat capacity for passengers.

How would this work?

I can tell you how it works before final payment. I asked RC this question twice and got the same answer both times, so I know it is probably correct.

The question I asked is if I book a third or fourth person with a non-refundable deposit and then cancel that person, what happens to the deposit?

The answer is that they apply the deposit to the cruise balance due. They will not issue a refund, but 100% of the deposit will go toward payment for the cruise for the remaining passengers.

After final payment they will issue a refund for the third/fourth person cruise fare, but I don't know if the refund includes the amount of the deposit.