Norway cruise- do we need Krone?

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:43 AM.
25 Posts
Joined May 2018
Originally posted by Eglesbrech
I was in the supermarket a couple of days ago when someone tried to pay by card and it failed. So did the person after them. TSB major IT issue, it’s been all over the press.

The “old” people in the que (like me) with cash could pay for our shopping.
And I was in the supermarket recently and the person in front was paying for their shopping in cash. Only problem was they didn't have enough so they had the embarrassment of having to put some things back.

Those of us behind paying by card had no problems.
Nottngham, UK.
991 Posts
Joined Jul 2013
Originally posted by picsa
Those of us behind paying by card had no problems.
So you've never arrived at a checkout to find that your wallet with your cards in was still at home? I have. ;-)

Stuart
25 Posts
Joined May 2018
Originally posted by Wiltonian
So you've never arrived at a checkout to find that your wallet with your cards in was still at home? I have. ;-)

Stuart
No as I usually use NFC contactless on my phone or watch and I always have one or the other.
Lancashire
3,042 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Originally posted by Selbourne
I would agree. Cash is dead! We have been to Norway 3 or 4 times and never needed it. We now use a Revolut card which you load with cash and can use in any country at a good exchange rate with no fee. I’ve used it for very small amounts with no difficulty. We rarely ever bother with foreign currency nowadays. As our kids tell us, cash is for old people
Excellent news. I'm an old person, so if you do find yourself with any of this worthless cash, send it on to me please and I will try and find a use for it.
58 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Ha ha- very good point!I too am quite old school as I usually pay for shopping etc in cash. If I go to any EU country I would always have euros,however I've never been to Norway so have no idea of the cost of things( I know it's expensive though!!),so on this occasion I'd rather not come home with Krone that I'd probably not use again.

Many thanks for all your replies,help and advice. We're off to Norway tomorrow- really excited and looking forward to some good weather!( fingers crossed)

Eve