Question Regarding Crown and Anchor Status

in the past, my daughter has cruised with her boyfriend. He is diamond so she has been diamond. I booked a family cruise and they are in the same room, but he is diamond and she is gold. Does it matter? Everything I have done on this cruise has been messed up! Every time I ask a question I get told something different! I was making copies of luggage tags and his tags show gold. I am certain it doesn't matter on luggage tags but I don't want to mess anything up. There is 12 people on this cruise and I have systematically messed it up somehow for everyone!

I don't understand how your daughter could have been Diamond once and is now Gold.

If your daughter and boyfriend share the same residence address, then they should be able to call C&A and get linked so they both have the same C&A level.

Thank you! My travel agent would not share information with me. We had to change my sons room to put all five of them together. My daughter at first was going alone, the my grandson was able to go. We had my granddaughter in her room, but with my daughters son going we could move my granddaughter back in with her family. With me sitting there at her desk she moved the rooms and never told me that the room change would cause my son to lose his onboard credits. She Just told them it was okay and never bothered to ask me while I was sitting right there. Royal told me she could have negotiated to keep them. I had to buy his credits back. Yeah, I figured his was gone by accident and she could only say, I'm gonna have to hit your credit card, baby"

I will have my daughters boyfriend call and handle this. I am certain she was diamond in the past because I scrapbook and she came over to scrapbook with me and I saw her sea pass card and it said diamond!

Recently the luggage tags have shown the C&A level for lowest level for all people in the same cabin. If there is a D and D+ in the cabin, all the luggage tags will say Diamond. It used to be the other way around. Doesn't really make any difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

"Buy her credits back"?!?!?? There is no such thing.

Carol:

I think she was talking about the OBC that her son had. At least that is how I interpreted it.

Buying back onboard credits may have been the wrong term to use.

Carol:

I think she was talking about the OBC that her son had. At least that is how I interpreted it.

Buying back onboard credits may have been the wrong term to use.

The description was so convoluted I'm not sure WHAT she was saying.

I probably just expected everyone to read my mind! I have been putting this cruise together for a year and a half. I paid for four rooms for this cruise, a room for my husband and me, and one each for our three children. My daughter has one child but we thought he could not go. Since she had to have another person in her room, the TA took my granddaughter and put her in my daughters room, then booked a room for my son, his wife, and their other two children. My other son has no children. The rooms were booked under a promotion where Roysl put $190 in onboard credit to pay gratuities. I paid the gratuities so they could each have money to spend.

My daughters son ended up getting to go, so the TA moved my granddaughter back to her families room to the Family a Panoramic that will allow five people. When she did the promotion changed and my son lost his onboard credit when we switched rooms. Instead of saying anything, the TA let them move the room and Lise the onboard credit. I ordered some gifts to each room and that is when I noticed two kids had onboard credit but this one did not. The TA, once I discovered the credit was missing said, "I'm gonna have to hit your credit card, baby" and purchased his onboard credit.

The TA did the online check in and just gave me the paperwork. She left off my granddaughter that moved' Crown and Anchor Number. When she added on my daughters boyfriend I noticed on their paperwork that he was Diamond and she was gold. She has only cruised with him and she has been diamond in the past. When I called Crown and Anchor to ask I was told that if she did travel as diamond that they should have never allowed this since they aren't married.

I hope this makes sense. It's probably not a big deal. I am probably the only one that cares! They are going to have an incredibly awesome time! I am just so ready to go! Three more weeks!

I probably just expected everyone to read my mind! I have been putting this cruise together for a year and a half. I paid for four rooms for this cruise, a room for my husband and me, and one each for our three children. My daughter has one child but we thought he could not go. Since she had to have another person in her room, the TA took my granddaughter and put her in my daughters room, then booked a room for my son, his wife, and their other two children. My other son has no children. The rooms were booked under a promotion where Roysl put $190 in onboard credit to pay gratuities. I paid the gratuities so they could each have money to spend.

My daughters son ended up getting to go, so the TA moved my granddaughter back to her families room to the Family a Panoramic that will allow five people. When she did the promotion changed and my son lost his onboard credit when we switched rooms. Instead of saying anything, the TA let them move the room and Lise the onboard credit. I ordered some gifts to each room and that is when I noticed two kids had onboard credit but this one did not. The TA, once I discovered the credit was missing said, "I'm gonna have to hit your credit card, baby" and purchased his onboard credit.

The TA did the online check in and just gave me the paperwork. She left off my granddaughter that moved' Crown and Anchor Number. When she added on my daughters boyfriend I noticed on their paperwork that he was Diamond and she was gold. She has only cruised with him and she has been diamond in the past. When I called Crown and Anchor to ask I was told that if she did travel as diamond that they should have never allowed this since they aren't married.

I hope this makes sense. It's probably not a big deal. I am probably the only one that cares! They are going to have an incredibly awesome time! I am just so ready to go! Three more weeks!

If your daughter and her boyfriend share an address and she is linked in the Crown & Anchor system, she was Diamond before and she is Diamond now. Don't let your TA cheat you or your daughter.

I would suggest she or boyfriend call the C&A society to verify her status using just her C&A number. I book most of our vacations including cruises, it came to my attention that my wife had just been riding on my coat-tails in regards to status. I.E. she wasn't getting credits assigned to her accounts for the cruises we have been taking for the last couple of decades. I called and confirmed this fact.

They were able to look at my past cruises for the last decade or so, and updated her account accordingly. They couldn't go back far enough on my account to validate all of the cruises that got me to my point total, so she is short about 1 or 2 cruises point wise, but it is close enough in case she wants to take a cruise that I am unavailable to take.

I don't think she would revert back to a different status just because you weren't on the cruise. If you're diamond , she would be diamond, if you were on the cruise or not. She would collect the points from that cruise though and not you. I have more points than my wife because I have booked a single cabin while she was booked in a different cabin with our children, or because one of our cabins was a suite and she was in a balcony room with one of our kids. Next spring we're going on a cruise where we were able to book an aft JS and an inside cabin across the hall. There are only 3 of us going on the cruise, so I booked the JS by myself and my wife and daughter are in the inside cabin. It's the same amount of money which ever cabin my wife is in, but this way I get triple points.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ATC cruiser

You definitely need to change TAs, that's unacceptable for her to do that given how much business you've given her. She should have thrown that lost OBC in out of her own pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! My travel agent would not share information with me. We had to change my sons room to put all five of them together. My daughter at first was going alone, the my grandson was able to go. We had my granddaughter in her room, but with my daughters son going we could move my granddaughter back in with her family. With me sitting there at her desk she moved the rooms and never told me that the room change would cause my son to lose his onboard credits. She Just told them it was okay and never bothered to ask me while I was sitting right there. Royal told me she could have negotiated to keep them. I had to buy his credits back. Yeah, I figured his was gone by accident and she could only say, I'm gonna have to hit your credit card, baby"

I will have my daughters boyfriend call and handle this. I am certain she was diamond in the past because I scrapbook and she came over to scrapbook with me and I saw her sea pass card and it said diamond!

Sorry to hear of your problems, this is why I have fired my TA and now only book direct with RCI....

I don't think she would revert back to a different status just because you weren't on the cruise. If you're diamond , she would be diamond, if you were on the cruise or not.

If she is unlinked from the D person, she would revert back to whatever points she had on her own (which could be less than D).

If she is unlinked from the D person, she would revert back to whatever points she had on her own (which could be less than D).

True, points would revert, but not C&A level.

:confused: if she got her D via the boyfriend, not parents before 18, she would revert in C&A, no?

My understanding of the system is, once you attain a C&A level, you keep it. It's possible to be Diamond (because your parent, spouse, etc. is Diamond), yet you only have 7 C&A points. If you leave the family, you would still be Diamond but still only have 7 points. You'd need to earn A LOT of points to move up to D+.

That's MY understanding of it, I could be wrong.

:confused: if she got her D via the boyfriend, not parents before 18, she would revert in C&A, no?

Should not matter. C&A is loathe to ever "demote" anyone if they got their level legitimately. The only situation that comes to mind where people get demoted is if Royal somehow misses unlinking a child that turns 18 and the child moves up a level. The next time the child cruises, Royal will look at the level the parents were when the child turned 18 and will demote if necessary.

C&A is loathe to ever "demote" anyone if they got their level legitimately.

I seem to remember some older reports of people saying their former SO got demoted (after divorce and unliking) but it could be that C&A doesn't care any more.

I have always found the C&A system to be rather cryptic and not entirely transparent. Hear me out...

Prior to my cruise in early May of this year, my C&A points had me at 73. I was surprised that I was this close to Diamond, but was nonetheless happy that I would obtain Diamond after that cruise. Well, that cruise came and went and my points remain unchanged. So I called up C&A to inquire about this issue and this is what I learned...

C&A members have 2 different sets of points. A personal, and a shared. Turns out my C&A account was still tied to my ex-wife's account and she had recently been on a cruise. Once I did the math, my point total was 59 (I used the equation posted on CC for converting to RCI's new point system). So after my May cruise, my point total should now be 66. However, even after asking the agent to unlink our accounts, I am still showing a point total of 73. This number will never increase until my personal total exceeds that, or if my ex takes another cruise before they unlink our accounts. I understand the way it works now, but it was rather confusing getting to that point.

I don't understand how your daughter could have been Diamond once and is now Gold.

If your daughter and boyfriend share the same residence address, then they should be able to call C&A and get linked so they both have the same C&A level.

Not true! After my wife died I sailed with my GF and she was a newbie to cruising. She was denied anything to do with concierge club, welcome back party, or anything related was shunned. This was NOT the case on Celebrity! SAME COMPANY!!