Oceania 2015 World Cruise

Andy

Just thought I'd see what the buzz was about O's WC and look what I found - a very active board already.

From some of the handles, we've cruised with some of you before and hope to do so again (hi cathi!).

We've asked our TA to look at the Cape Town - Singapore leg as the whole cruise doesn't appeal to us - and 6 months is way too long to be away even if our time is our own. Looks like a lot of you have the same idea so it will be interesting to see how O prices these segments out. I know the phone lines to O will be burning on September 18!

Will be following this discussion closely.

Steve & Wendy

Hi Steve & Wendy - YUP we are nuts but really would like to do the whole darn thing!! It would be fun to have a bunch from our 2010 cruise onboard if only for a bit.

doubledobles - we thought 35 days was way too long as well until we did 35 days on Nautica. I cried when I had to leave her in Athens. Could have done another 35 with out even blinking!!!!!

We too are thinking of doing one segment, Capetown to wherever, which I think will probably be the most popular.

It would be great to be with Cathi and Bruce even if it is only for 30 odd days and of course with Steve and Wendy and the gang from 2010 Capetown to Dover cruise.

I will be watching to see what prices are being charged for the segments on September 18th. We couldn't leave our home and family for 180 days and as we have been to a majority of the ports offered, we wouldn't want to do a repeat. If Oceania offered a Round the World Cruise on Marina or Riviera for around 104 days then we might consider doing 60 days or more on the bigger ships.

Jennie

Jennie

I do have a GREAT TA

Here are the segments!

10 day Miami to Bridgetown ,Barbados

26 day Bridgetown ,Barbados to Capetown,South Africa

35 day Capetown,South Africa to Singapore,Singapore

20 day Singapore,Singapore to Shanghai,China

35 day Shanghai,China to Sydney,Australia

20 day Sydney,Australia to Papeete,Tahiti

18 day Papeete,Tahiti to Los Angeles,California

16 day Los Angeles,California to Miami,FL

It may be possible to get on a priority list for repeat customers

Not sure

Have just learned that only 60 rooms out of 350 are left for the 180 cruise! Amazing.

Not so amazing. Not sure who your source is.

They are HOLDING 60 - 90 cabins for the full 180.

Just confirmed with my fabulous TA.

Not so amazing. Not sure who your source is.

They are HOLDING 60 - 90 cabins for the full 180.

Just confirmed with my fabulous TA.

Not true..

Ship is almost sold out ..cabins are being held with names!! I do believe segments will be hard to get in the upper categories!!

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Not true..

Ship is almost sold out ..cabins are being held with names!! I do believe segments will be hard to get in the upper categories!!

Jancruz1

Jan

I will defer to you (As always) but my TA apparently got different info FROM O and he has some very good connections (clearly not as good as yours LOL)

Not true..

Jancruz1

Just out of curiosity - as cabins are held with names, what is the cancelation penalty for this 180 day cruise?

I would add

If 90% of the cruisers are doing the full cruise, I doubt I would want to be on a single segment:

First, those folks will have bonded and made friendships -- big time LOL. It might feel like crashing a party that's been in full swing for hours. One of the great things about the R ships is the ability to connect with others and make new friends easily. I think it will be much more difficult if you are just on a small part of a much longer cruise.

Second, it might be impossible to find enough fellow travelers for private excursions for just a segment.

Those two considerations would affect my choices.

I have my TA making some calls

From my TA - who made a call when I showed him Jan's post

"They are only options.

Not deposited bookings

Big difference

Only about 120 cabins booked with deposit"

Many TAs have holds on cabins I am told.

Battle of the great TAs. LOL

I am still hoping for a segment, as long as the ship is not overrun with world cruisers.

Not true..

Jancruz1

Jan is correct. We opened Insignia this morning, the entire ship, for Around The World reservations. The ship is close to sold out. Of course, we are taking waitlist names for suites and state-rooms that may open up at a future date. Congratulations to those of you who got in early. This is going to be the voyage of a life time.

Best

KSK

Jan

I will defer to you (As always) but my TA apparently got different info FROM O and he has some very good connections (clearly not as good as yours LOL)

Larraine, I do know the policy of O is to never hold back cabins..

Thanks Kunal, Congratulations on the great booking pattern this morning!!

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Jan - I defer to you

Options?

Deposits?

Time will tell

Is there a cancellation fee? When does it kick in?

Must folks cancel before the segments open up? Seems like a nightmare to figure out where the openings will really be. If folks cancel late in the game, segments will not be open for those who want them and those folks would make other plans.

If cancellation fee is way off I would suspect that at least some are booking to hold a spot "just in case" although I know deposits are high. This seems to be a cruise where life could get in the way for many.

Personally, I hope they are successful although I would be sad not to have a option to be on Insignia again (it's like taking it out of service for 6 months LOL). I am hoping Nautica does Capetown to Singapore again -- it's a very popular itinerary and I would prefer not to be on just a segment if I can avoid it.

Jan - I defer to you

Options?

Deposits?

Time will tell

Is there a cancellation fee? When does it kick in?

Must folks cancel before the segments open up? Seems like a nightmare to figure out where the openings will really be. If folks cancel late in the game, segments will not be open for those who want them and those folks would make other plans.

If cancellation fee is way off I would suspect that at least some are booking to hold a spot "just in case" although I know deposits are high. This seems to be a cruise where life could get in the way for many.

Personally, I hope they are successful although I would be sad not to have a option to be on Insignia again (it's like taking it out of service for 6 months LOL). I am hoping Nautica does Capetown to Singapore again -- it's a very popular itinerary and I would prefer not to be on just a segment if I can avoid it.

Cancellation fee: $250 per person up until 181 days that can be used toward any cruise for the next two years!!

Yes there definitely will be fallout but we dont know what the waitlist situation will be for the WC..

Jancruz1

Jancruz1

Not true..

Jancruz1

Fantastic! Great marketing and a great cruise by O.

It could seem like more then 180 days in one of the lowest categories so I can understand the upper selling first. It would be long time to be in an inside. But if I had the time and that was the only choice ...

Maybe those lengthening days would add to the value, more days for less money much like the way I golf - I get more swings per round than many all for the same price

Edited by YoHoHo

Cancellation fee: $250 per person up until 181 days that can be used toward any cruise for the next two years!!

Yes there definitely will be fallout but we dont know what the waitlist situation will be for the WC..

Jancruz1

Jancruz1

250 is nothing! and you don't lose it

6 months before very liberal

It will be interesting to see how all this plays out.

Fantastic! Great marketing and a great cruise by O.

It could seem like more then 180 days in one of the lowest categories so I can understand the upper selling first. It would be long time to be in an inside.

I have to say I agree with you. That is a small cabin/BR for such a long time; the OV and Veranda are not a lot better.

Also, the repeating menus might get old after a couple of months.

On the O class ships it might be a bit more comfy and a lot more food options.

However, obviously, many people are sold on this as it - enjoy!

Maybe this is one of those special cases where the Cancellation penalty should be higher & kick in earlier Eg 270 days out :confused:

Some people may just book the cruise to get the cabin they want then cancel part of the cruise when the segments open up in Sept

Just guessing on that scenario

Congratulations to those that have the time, money & inclination to do the cruise :)

Lyn

Some people may just book the cruise to get the cabin they want then cancel part of the cruise when the segments open up in Sept

Just guessing on that scenario

Lyn

Wow -- never even considered that!

I would bet that there are some in that category.

I guess I could do the same but I would not for many reasons.

I am hoping Nautica does the segment I want as it has done it in the past and it always sells out.

I think crashing the party of a 180 day cruise may not be the best way to do the segment.