Coco Cay Beach Bungalows

Citymom92

I was considering getting a Beach Bungalow at Coco Cay for our Jan cruise on the Grandeur, and have been following the prices. Since I started checking the price has held steady at $198, which wasn't too bad I thought, but I hoped that maybe the prices would drop for a Black Friday sale or Cyber Monday. The Cabanas, which aren't in as good of a location, were pricier, at $294. So imagine my surprise today when I check the Cruise Planner and see that the bungalows have jumped to $244. There's also a new offering of a Beach Bed for $145, but the Bungalow looked the best to me since it was a sofa, table and two loungers. The Beach Bed, is truly a bed, which isn't appealing to me. I'm disappointed since I think the bungalow isn't worth it now at all. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

Could the price hike be in anticipation of a "sale" later in the month?

... Could the price hike be in anticipation of a "sale" later in the month?

Anything is possible, and also unpredictable.

However, if you purchase and later see a lower price, you can cancel and reorder.

just went to coco cay and had a bungalow. i thought they were great. favorite part was that you order your lunch in advance and they bring it to you. nice loungers in the sun and a place to relax and eat in the shade. my kids loved it. for a nice relaxing beach day i thought it was well worth the $

We loved our bungalow during our 10/28 Anthem cruise. Prices were all over the place when we booked and canceled and rebooked ours 3 times. We finally paid $156 for our bungalow but they went as high as $293 before we left. I’d say buy it before it can go up again and then you can always cancel if they go on sale for Black Friday or Cyber Monday and if they don’t come down to a price you like cancel before you go.

just went to coco cay and had a bungalow. i thought they were great. favorite part was that you order your lunch in advance and they bring it to you. nice loungers in the sun and a place to relax and eat in the shade. my kids loved it. for a nice relaxing beach day i thought it was well worth the $

I couldn't agree more! Excellent day in the bungalow - loved it. We flet like we wanted to stay there forever!!

Husband and I were there in June - we did the beach bed deal. Loved it. covered bed, 2 lounge chairs, ice chest with waters etc, pre-ordered lunch so they delivered it to us. It was our most relaxing day in a long long time. The area is quiet - the bar was RIGHT by us :)

Just remember - eat before you leave the ship in the morning. There is no food on the island other than when the ship brings it out for lunch time. We had to order lots of drinks with fruit so we could eat breakfast hahaha!

Also - be sure to go to the excursions desk to put in your food order ahead of time

My wife and I rented a cabana and loved it. We thought it was pricey but it was one extra we wanted to treat ourselves with. We were lucky enough to be one of the first to choose which cabana we wanted and we chose Number 7. It was completely private. We were unseen by anyone else other than the attendants who were on duty. Loved the view of the ship as we lounged in complete privacy.

When did you go

Husband and I were there in June - we did the beach bed deal. Loved it. covered bed, 2 lounge chairs, ice chest with waters etc, pre-ordered lunch so they delivered it to us. It was our most relaxing day in a long long time. The area is quiet - the bar was RIGHT by us :)

Just remember - eat before you leave the ship in the morning. There is no food on the island other than when the ship brings it out for lunch time. We had to order lots of drinks with fruit so we could eat breakfast hahaha!

Also - be sure to go to the excursions desk to put in your food order ahead of time

Thanks for this information regarding the beach bed-I wasn't clear if the beach bed came with the loungers too and ability to pre-order lunch. This makes my decision much easier-I think I'll get the beach bed after all!

Hi jp, we are going in Jan 2018 I have a bungalow booked for Coco Cay, where did you go to pre order your lunch and did you just let them know you had a bungalow?

Thanks

There a cabanas, bungalows, and beach beds, in decending order.

The videos posted look like the old location for the cabanas. They are now right by the jet ski check in.

Cabanas have a covered area with an L shaped sofa and a table, then a deck with a couple of loungers and a table. Then a couple of loungers in the sand. Also included are a couple of foam mats for floating around. It includes a special lunch, where they grill meats right by the buffet (also open to suite guests), and a bar. They will bring drinks to the cabana, but you have to order them at the bar.

The bungalows and beach beds are well away from the main areas. The bungalows are smaller than the cabanas, and do not have the deck.

The beach beds are nearby and are basically a large bed with a canopy.

There is a buffet near the bungalow/bed area. You do get to pre-order your lunch for delivery, at least 1 day prior. In your cabin, will be a menu/order form, that you need to turn in to get your coupon for your space.

We had a beach bed booked, but met a couple with a cabana, who invited us to join them in their cabana. RCI was HAPPY to fully refund the beach bed the day before, as we had booked it at a cheap price, and they had a waiting list of people who wanted one (I am sure at a higher price).

On Anthem we had a message on our cabin phone to stop by Wonderland the next day between 9am and I can’t remember to order our lunch for the bungalow.

The loungers for the bungalows were the nice padded kind and the beach beds were the same as on the rest of the island.

On Anthem you also didn’t need a tender ticket you just tendered off I think it was the aft while non Royal excursion people tendered from the forward gangway. It was a painless tender experience and I did see a huge line for tender tickets one evening.

The only thing that surprised me was we only saw a bar server once all day. It wasn’t that big a deal because there was a bar right there. The floating bar was also not too far.

I preferred the bungalow location to the cabana location. The Cabanas do not have a beach entrance directly in front of them and there ocean view is dominated by the ship. You have to walk out of the area to go to the swimming beach. The bungalows and the beach beds were beachfront and the view was just of ocean.