Anytime Dining

MargoK

We recently cruised on the Sun Princess and as usual had the Anytime Dining in the Regency Dining Room.

Found the service excellent, and the added bonus was recognizing and being recognized by the Maitre D and many of the waiters from our cruise in June 2017.

We were intrigued this time that each time we dined, breakfast, lunch and dinner the waiter requested our cabin numbers. Found this curious and wondered if Princess were conducting a survey and for what reason.

We recently cruised on the Sun Princess and as usual had the Anytime Dining in the Regency Dining Room.

Found the service excellent, and the added bonus was recognizing and being recognized by the Maitre D and many of the waiters from our cruise in June 2017.

We were intrigued this time that each time we dined, breakfast, lunch and dinner the waiter requested our cabin numbers. Found this curious and wondered if Princess were conducting a survey and for what reason.

We were on the Sun Princess in November 2017 & the same with us asking for cabin no but it wasn't for each seating only a few.

Sent from my SM-T315T using Tapatalk

Princess is tired of people complaining about wait times and trying to week out those who have Traditional Dining and use Anytime Dining instead. They aren't supposed to do that.

Princess is tired of people complaining about wait times and trying to week out those who have Traditional Dining and use Anytime Dining instead. They aren't supposed to do that.

I think your right. What do they do when they see you have TD and shouldn’t be at ATD?

Tony

If you are before your TDT, they tell you to go then. If you are passed it, they tell you the Lido is open. I've had the hostess ask me what my cabin number is the first few days and check a list but, after a few days (we take longer cruises), they usually recognize us and don't ask.

I think your right. What do they do when they see you have TD and shouldn’t be at ATD?

Tony

...take away your rowboat? ;p

Based upon when we stumbled into the Elites-and-Platinums-only canapes in Skywalker on the Ruby, embarrass you

with so much graciousness you never want to make the mistake again.

Our waiter told us they're tracking who ate what and where, so that if multiple people get sick, they can more easily backtrack to any commonality on what food they ate, which galley, etc. Seems reasonably plausible and worthwhile to me.

Our waiter told us they're tracking who ate what and where, so that if multiple people get sick, they can more easily backtrack to any commonality on what food they ate, which galley, etc. Seems reasonably plausible and worthwhile to me.

Wouldn't surprise me, but astounds me that they'd admit it -- There's gonna be

at least one diner thinking, "You're telling me that you expect your food to make

me sick?!?"

Absolutely no doubt that that functionality is part of Ocean Medallion, though.

With this data they can back-track and prove who brought the norovirus aboard and have them flogged and keel-hauled because they falsified their health declaration when checking in. :D

With this data they can back-track and prove who brought the norovirus aboard and have them flogged and keel-hauled because they falsified their health declaration when checking in. :D

My mistake----keel-hauling was discontinued after a few nasty outcomes once ships switched from sails to propellers.

Alas, you can get noro from banisters as well as food. :eek: Take the elevator!

Seriously, the nastiest thing about noro is that folks are (mildly) contagious even

before they show symptoms. Wash your paws before they get near your mouth.

Even less doubt that it doesn't work.

OOH! Merciless! ;)

Actually, in the MDR, without all those corridor walls, that part probably does.

Hey, folks on the Regal? If you're on ***** and in the MDR, does the meal

you ordered actually show up? :D

Alas, you can get noro from banisters as well as food. :eek: Take the elevator!

Seriously, the nastiest thing about noro is that folks are (mildly) contagious even

before they show symptoms. Wash your paws before they get near your mouth.

You can get noro from an elevator button or the walls in the elevator as well. The best approach is to make a stop at a restroom and wash your hands right before you enter the dining room, and use the sanitizer after that. Another approach is to excuse yourself and make a trip for a hand washing after handling the menu! And always keep your hands away from your food and your mouth.

Princess is tired of people complaining about wait times and trying to week out those who have Traditional Dining and use Anytime Dining instead.

And, when princess confronts the people...

They say ... I want to give up my traditional seat, and continue in anytime for the remainder of the cruise.

As is their right.

Appeasing the cruise critic police, but actually making the anytime situation worse.

Regardless, if the rules on princess were enforced by the cruise critic police, they would have no customers.

You can get noro from an elevator button or the walls in the elevator as well. The best approach is to make a stop at a restroom and wash your hands right before you enter the dining room' date=' and use the sanitizer after that. Another approach is to excuse yourself and make a trip for a hand washing after handling the menu! And always keep your hands away from your food and your mouth.[/quote']

Someone at my Doctors office was telling me that a good "foundation" for a cruise is called "ZooNo". Apparently it is 99.99% effective against Norovirus - but I'm no chemist...just a thought.

They say ... I want to give up my traditional seat, and continue in anytime for the remainder of the cruise.

As is their right.

Appeasing the cruise critic police, but actually making the anytime situation worse.

Regardless, if the rules on princess were enforced by the cruise critic police, they would have no customers.

Explain to me why it is their "right." I understand the concept of making a request, but I suspect that Princess has a given number of seats allocated for each traditional dining time and another set of seats allocated to anytime dining. People may or may not be able to change their dining preference.

We've booked cruises where we've been told that the only dining availability left was XYZ, so that's where we were placed. Of course we could request a change after boarding, but it would be a request. If it wasn't available, such is life.

I don't see that you have a "right" to a particular dining type or seating any more than you have a "right" to participate in a sold out excursion.

As is their right.

"As is their right" Huh!?! You can say it, but it doesn't make it true.

Please cite where you got that from. It certainly isn't Princess' Passage

Contract or even the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights. :o

Out of interest do you know the name of the maitre'd? I believe there's a new person on the Sun now.