Question about Platinum Status

Lunur

This is very intriguing to me! We're doing our first back to back in April, and won't technically turn Platinum until the second leg. Did you do anything special to "link" your 2 cruises?

No! I had booked the cruises 2 yrs ago when they had a $50 deposit special.

Up until I made final payment the 1st leg of the B2B had gold status. once I made final payment and was in the last 90 days I checked the cruise doc's and found it now said priority boarding and had priority luggage tags.

Up until I made final payment the 1st leg of the B2B had gold status. once I made final payment and was in the last 90 days I checked the cruise doc's and found it now said priority boarding and had priority luggage tags.

B2B reservations do need to be manually linked by a person (i.e., if you book two B2B sailings online your bookings won't automatically be linked).

Darth frosty may have booked through a PVP or travel agent who linked them without explicitly stating he/she was going so.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

We have 69 days and are going on a 7 day. When I asked, the PVP told me that, no, we will be gold and not platinum until the 6th day. But, we will get full platinum benefits from the beginning and all our documents will show platinum. What????????

Is this the same concept as

" double secret probation " from Animal House?

Your PVP does not know the drill. Yes, your boarding pass will say priority, and your sail & sign card will be 'platinum'. But if for some reason you don't sail, your status will revert back to gold. EM

What the PVP is referring to is that you aren't Platinum until you hit 75 days. You get the benefits at the beginning of the cruise but if for some reason, the cruise was cut short before you reach the 75 days, you are still Gold. Technically, what the PVP said is true.

On that same note, if your cruise is delayed coming back like in the Triumph disaster, did they get extra days added to their VIFP status?

On that same note, if your cruise is delayed coming back like in the Triumph disaster, did they get extra days added to their VIFP status?

Why would you possibly get extra days added for days that you did not pay for?

As a goodwill gesture, the passengers who were stuck in the Gulf on the broken down Triumph supposedly got VIFP credit for all days they were on the ship, even though it was longer than the scheduled length of that cruise.

We received 2 extra days on our status when we booked and paid for a 5 day cruise. The ship changed itinerary due to swine flu and we were not charged extra days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We received 2 extra days on our status when we booked and paid for a 5 day cruise. The ship changed itinerary due to swine flu and we were not charged extra days.

That was a good PR move that did not cost them any money. A better move would have been to extend the Cheers program for free for those on board that paid for it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As usual, Carnival is generous to a fault with compensation. Other cruise lines - not so much.

I was on the Elation 5 day that turned into a 6 day due to Hurricane Matthew. They gave us credit for the extra day. That extra day will push me to Platinum on our 8 day Alaska cruise in September.

And yes, the people who had Cheers got it extended as well.

I currently have 68 points (Gold) and booked a 7 day cruise. Will I be given Platinum status for this entire cruise? How does this work? Is there anything I need to do? Thank you so much for your help!

Yes you will.

Thanks for the info!

B2B reservations do need to be manually linked by a person (i.e., if you book two B2B sailings online your bookings won't automatically be linked).

Darth frosty may have booked through a PVP or travel agent who linked them without explicitly stating he/she was going so.

Can you do this online or do we need to call Carnival? We don't use a PVP or travel agent.