Hump Cabins on Deck 7 of Solstice-Class Ships

stickey_mouse

Check out the S-Class cabin sticky above to see what people say about those cabins.

If, when you say hump, you are referring to the outer cabins with the regular verandah I can't see any issues.

If you are referring to the cabins with the Angled verandah, the only issue I could see is deck 7 isn't that far above the life boats so when you look down you'll see them. Here is a picture, the angle cabins are the ones to the left of 7254.

zk1mdk.jpg

Unless you read something bad in the cabin sticky I would think those would be good.

Edited by RickT

Oh we had ,I believe, 7286 on Reflection.. It was great... larger balcony.. near the elevator and the coffee machine in the Hideaway... we loved it.

CC

Thanks! We'll be in this cabin on Eclipse in a few weeks!

I had a hump cabin. I paid extra to listen to noise from the grand foyer. I would never book in that location again. Best location is off the hump.

Hmmm. We were on Deck 8. There was music wafting up from the Grand Foyer one night, clearly audible when standing outside our door. Once we went in and closed the door, we could not hear a thing despite listening closely. This was on Silhouette IIRC.

We've stayed in Deck 7 hump cabins twice now and have loved it! Our latest being on the Silhouette. You don't really get to look directly down into the water, Deck 5 comes out just a bit but you won't have lifeboats in your way. And they're close to the elevators and stairs. Super convenient.

I think smoking is allowed on Deck 5 on the port side? But we've never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And being right over the lifeboats would be a very good thing if the ship sank!.....lol

:D

Check out the S-Class cabin sticky above to see what people say about those cabins.

If, when you say hump, you are referring to the outer cabins with the regular verandah I can't see any issues.

If you are referring to the cabins with the Angled verandah, the only issue I could see is deck 7 isn't that far above the life boats so when you look down you'll see them. Here is a picture, the angle cabins are the ones to the left of 7254.

zk1mdk.jpg

Unless you read something bad in the cabin sticky I would think those would be good.

The Penthouses and Royals are on the Hump ..no? I would think the position rather good then:)

Is wind normally an issue on hump verandas? It seems that, at least technically, they would be more exposed.

Is wind normally an issue on hump verandas? It seems that, at least technically, they would be more exposed.

We are just off Equinox, cabin 6233 at the stern end of the hump. Below is just the Promenade Deck. Our cabin was pretty much opposite the doorway to the elevators, and the noise from the Atrium (and even some elevator chiming) was noticeable in our cabin. There is a second doorway at the bow end of the elevators which has a sliding door. We've been at that end on other cruises, and didn't hear anything.

It wasn't horrible, and didn't affect our cruise, but on our next booking we are at the other end.

Wind wasn't an issue, the view is great, and there is nothing to obstruct your view.

We had #7260 on Silhouette. Totally quiet and just outside the Hideaway where you could get coffee 24 hrs/day. A lot of people came to this little hideaway to read in the comfortable chairs. We would book this cabin with its large deck again in a heartbeat.

Just got off the Eclipse and had cabins 7211 and 7215 on the hump. 7215 has a larger balcony then 7211, but both are larger than regular balconies. I have chosen hump cabins for all my cruises on Solstice Class ships. I have never experienced any problems with wind. I like being right near the elevator and once the door is closed, you don't hear anything coming from the Atrium.

Edited by wedding96

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
We aren't concerned with internal noise, as we usually stay up late anyway. We are more concerned with the view and effect from smokers below.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Double check with X, but if I remember smoking is on deck 5 promenade PORT side and yes the smoke goes up into your balcony,

On our two cruises so far, we were in a forward-facing angled veranda cabin (on the Solstice, in Alaska) and on an aft-facing angled veranda cabin (on the Reflection, in the Mediterranean). As you might expect, the forward-facing cabin had more issues with wind noise than the aft-facing cabin. I should add - this is only if the sliding doors were open, we could not hear anything when they were shut. If you are on the flat part of the hump, I wouldn't think there would be much difference from any other cabin.

Tom & Judy

Edited by TFree
Clarify about wind noise

How do you open the stickies?

You just click on them with your mouse. The s class and m class cabin stickies are found near the top of the Celebrity sub forums page. Here’s the link to the s class sticky:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Select the link, then use the thread search tool to search for a specific cabin. It helps to have the deck plans for the ship you’re interested in, or have noted a few cabins of interest.

The wind, or lack of wind is is created by ship movement. For example, if the ship is cruising at 15 knots and the wind is from the stern at 15 knots there is no wind. Conversely, if the ship is cruising at 15 knots into a 15 knot wind, the net effect is a 30 knot wind.