Serenade dry dock

I’m thinking of booking a 10 day Caribbean cruise on the Serenade of the Seas in March 2019.

I see that she’s going into dry dock shortly thereafter.

Can anyone let me know if she’s showing a lot of wear and tear right now?

I’m not concerned about new amenities she might be getting as much as the overall appearance of the common areas and staterooms.

Thanks in advance for your help

well I just go off the SOS and she is already looking sad. They need to spiff her up. Too bad they took off the sliding dome over the pool. In the Baltics kids and teens had to use the nice suppossedly quiet Solarium. I know the Radiance had a dome and thought all in the same class did. Very disappointed. Much of the ship had some tears and stains that should be fixed. And a lot of railings need to be re varnished. I say if you can, select another ship. sorry.

well I just go off the SOS and she is already looking sad. They need to spiff her up. Too bad they took off the sliding dome over the pool. In the Baltics kids and teens had to use the nice suppossedly quiet Solarium. I know the Radiance had a dome and thought all in the same class did. Very disappointed. Much of the ship had some tears and stains that should be fixed. And a lot of railings need to be re varnished. I say if you can, select another ship. sorry.

Removed the Doom, sure it wasn't just open? They do all the big paint jobs and sand/refinish all the wood railings after Serenade get's back to Florida. It's big job and takes multiple sailings. Last 4yrs I've done B2B2B's on her then...

All Radiance Class ship have a glass sliding roof over the Solarium. None of them have ever had one over the main pool (I think that's what you meant).

Serenade's last dry dock was in late 2017, so I would expect the next one to be late 2022.

Bob, now that she’s over 15 years old doesn’t she have to go in every 2 1/2 years for a hull inspection?

It would still be well beyond the time period that the OP is looking to sail.

Bob, now that she’s over 15 years old doesn’t she have to go in every 2 1/2 years for a hull inspection?

It would still be well beyond the time period that the OP is looking to sail.

Possibly, though I don't recall the age that a ship starts on the 2.5 year schedule. Maybe the Chief will come by and confirm.

Possibly, though I don't recall the age that a ship starts on the 2.5 year schedule. Maybe the Chief will come by and confirm.

It is after 20 years and then two times in five years, not exactly after 2.5 years.

And Serenade is not tired, she is still a young ship!

Yes, every Oct Repo-Dec they do all major maint on Serenade

If that is the case, someone needs to make a better list of those things that need fixing. Three years in a row...same buttons for elevators don't work - same loose wallpaper ..same tears in furniture in CL. These may not be major maintenance, but left unchanged from year to year, it makes a poor impression.

There appears to be a gap from 8-18 Nov 19 that suddenly appeared in the last couple weeks. This gap concerns me as I am booked on her during that period.

I called RCI and got the classic "it must be sold out" answer. I don't believe it as some cruise consolidator websites are still selling cabins. I'd like them to be more forth coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Serenade Nov. 9 , 2019 has been chartered, announcement sent out at noon today. The 4 alternate cruises offered are no where near that date., One is in October, the rest are very late November through mid December. $200 OBC except for suites which are $400 obc. Luckily I actually wanted to switch, so it worked out for us.