Flights out of LAX after Panama Canal Cruise

tmschn

Domestic or International? Can you walk your own luggage off? Are you in Haven?

In May we were off the ship in LA just before 9 am, we were in Haven, didn't rush.We flew out of Orange County, could have easily made a 12:30 flight

We are on a domestic flight. Not sure about walking our luggage off as some in our group have walk with a cane. We are not in the Haven.

Also off the May Panama Canal cruise. Walked off at 9am after breakfast in the MDR, picked up luggage (2 large suitcases), left the port just before 10, easily got to LAX by 11 (after dropping someone off at an airport hotel). This was on a Saturday. My flight wasn't until 1:30 so I had plenty of time to check my baggage at the curb, go thru security (I have TSA pre-check) and eat lunch. For a 12:30 flight, I would get off no later than 8am but it is doable.

OP: What day of the week is it? We had no problem making our 1:20 pm domestic flight out of LAX after our Panama Canal cruise, which ended on a Sunday in Feb. 2017, docking in San Pedro. Out of an abundance of caution in case there were lines for taxis, we had a car service pick us up at 9am. Got to LAX very quickly, and sat in the United lounge for hours, so could definitely have made a 12:30 flight.

I had similar concerns about time to the airport (given that it's LA), and found the folks on the West Coast Departures board to be helpful; you might want to ask there as well.

Enjoy your Panama Canal cruise, it's a great journey!

OP: What day of the week is it? We had no problem making our 1:20 pm domestic flight out of LAX after our Panama Canal cruise, which ended on a Sunday in Feb. 2017, docking in San Pedro. Out of an abundance of caution in case there were lines for taxis, we had a car service pick us up at 9am. Got to LAX very quickly, and sat in the United lounge for hours, so could definitely have made a 12:30 flight.

I had similar concerns about time to the airport (given that it's LA), and found the folks on the West Coast Departures board to be helpful; you might want to ask there as well.

Enjoy your Panama Canal cruise, it's a great journey!

LINK to West Coast Departures:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

xxxxxxxxxx

Your destination may determine the best Los Angeles area airport to use as well as the fare.

Los Angeles (LAX) has flights to just about everywhere.

Long Beach (LGB) medium to short range flights (think west of the Mississippi river) anything

more may require a plane change connection.

Santa Ana Orange County (SNA) has flights but not the number that LAX has.

All other airports in the southern California area may work but are off the beaten path of CC reports.

Best most workable arrangement is a single shuttle service direct to your airline. Do not take a bus

that stops at every XYZ ABC airline before getting to yours wasting time complying with your airline

check-in times and allowing TSA security clearance to the gate.

Earliest walk-off and prompt transportation to the airport is what works leaving you with a comfort zone.

NCL transfer service might work for your needs although it leaves later and does not have the walk-off

option but the motor coaches are set up for going to your airline directly.

NCL transfer service from San Pedro to LAX airport is $20 per person with a recommendation that the

departing flight be 5 hours or more from the arrival at San Pedro - but even leaving at 9am you can still

easily make a 12:30pm flight cavet no time to stop and smell the roses at Pasadena LOL !

This is of course that your airline is up and functioning without problems and the TSA are at their cordial best !

Read on for more information from your fellow members - - -

We took a flight last May out of LAX the Fri. of Memorial Day weekend. Our flight was at 1:45, and we used the NCL transfer. We were supposed to walk off at 9:15, but we were anxious to get off, and walked off at 8:30....had no issues getting on the bus. We left the port at around 9am, and got to the airport an hour later....the traffic at the airport was really heavy. We got thru security in 10 mins. (love pre-check), and got to our gate at 10:30. Long story short, you can do it! It really helps if you can carry your luggage off, and have security pre-check.:D

We are on a domestic flight. Not sure about walking our luggage off as some in our group have walk with a cane. We are not in the Haven.

I would not even try to walk your luggage off, but with a cane. That being said you can get wheel chair assistance if someone in the party has a mobility problem. I am thinking, as much as LAX has to be one of the worse and slowest airports in the country you should be fine.

We might have gotten lucky, but, we got off the Bliss from our Panama Canal Cruise on Memorial Weekend Friday and had no problem making our 12:45 flight. As a matter of fact we got the earlier flight at 10 :45 ! But, we were in line at 4:30 AM and carried our own luggage and were 3rd off the ship after the Haven and Super Duper Platinum or whatever ! We flew through customs, caught a cab, no traffic and were at the airport before 9 ! Maybe, we got lucky, but, it was stressful until we got to the airport !

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I posted how to get from LAX to San Pedro using public transit on the Princess forums, anyone interested just reverse the following trip itinerary. This may not be helpful to the OP but perhaps other "able-bodied" passengers with some time to spare might find it useful:

If you can handle your luggage, you can take the G bus from LAX to the nearby Metro Station, take the Metro light rail to Rosa Parks/Willow Street Station, take the Metro again to Long Beach final stop Downtown Long Beach....then take LADOT express bus 142 to San Pedro. The bus stops right next to the cruiseship parking lot. It will only set you back $3.50 the entire trip. If you're a senior citizen, it's less than $2 although if you are a really older senior, forget it! It is not for the lighthearted and provided you also have ample time to get to the ship. The whole saga might take you close to 2 hours.