Newbie with questions on getting off shop when cruise is over

Hi there, I've never cruised before and I'm looking at flights right now. I was wondering if people's flight times are given consideration with the time you get off, or is it random? If ship arrives in Miami at 8:00 am, and we fly out of FLL, what's the earliest flight out that would be safe to Book? Thanks so much for your help!

On every ship we have sailed, they make announcements for those with early flights to contact guest services to arrange a early out.

Have fun!

That is true, but I seriously wouldn't book anything prior to noon should there be any delays getting off the ship.

Hi there, I've never cruised before and I'm looking at flights right now. I was wondering if people's flight times are given consideration with the time you get off, or is it random? If ship arrives in Miami at 8:00 am, and we fly out of FLL, what's the earliest flight out that would be safe to Book? Thanks so much for your help!

I am not sure what you feel is "safe;" I have seen some people plan a 10:30 am flight planning to walk off their own luggage. Depending on the cruise, I may or may not have made that flight. One time, on the Legend we weren't off until almost 11 - there was a delay getting in port and through customs. Personally, I would say 12:30 pm and enjoy a relaxed breakfast if all goes well.

I wouldn't book a flight before noon. I have cruised out of Miami and flown in & out of FLL several times. I have always gotten to the airport a couple hours before my flight, and I prefer to do it that way. I know people who have had earlier flights, and made them with no problem. I just don't like to be stressed while traveling. It would be my luck to have some sort of delay leaving the ship if I choose to book an early flight home. Lol.

You will be fine with 12:30 out of FLL - but this does depend upon you disembarking at the suggested time.

And also - are you TSA pre check? May be worth it to apply online and interview, and become pre check. That'll save you time at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it also depends on how many ships are in port.miami has more ships coming and going,but check how many ships are in port at ft lauderdle too.we spent 4 hrs to get thru sercurity in Miami.20,00 plus people from the ships.

If you carry off your luggage you can make an 1030 -1100 flight out of FLL. We have made a 1030 many times.

Fort Lauderdale frequently has long lines for security, so nothing before noon.

Totally agree about the long lines. When my wife and I cruised out of Fort Lauderdale last year, it was a messy debarkation and long lines at customs and delays on the ship. The port had an automated kiosk for customs that some people could use (sorry I don't remember the details, it may have had to do with customs declarations), but you could leave the line, use the kiosk, then head to an agent and get out of the whole long process.

Edited by SkyPiglet
spacing

Fort Lauderdale frequently has long lines for security, so nothing before noon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

At 8 AM, FLL and MIA are generally empty. They do get crowded by noon and later. My last few cruises this year I have not even had to use my TSA PreCheck or Global Entry through Customs at the Seaport and Airport as there was no one else on line in front of us. I have made an 8:30 AM out of MIA and spent 2 hours waiting for a 10AM flight out of FLL no problem.

I use the Diamond walk off, so I can be amongst the 1st to walk off the ship. If you plan on carry off, figure you will get to the airport by 9:30AM or so if Customs is normal ( I use Global Entry at MIA and FLL to speed through the Customs dedicated line exiting the ship) , then an hour to go thru security at the airport if you don't have a PreCheck. If you get a zone #, flights before noon become very iffy.

I do believe they try to disembark those with early flights first but I'd never book a flight before noon. Personally I look for like 4PM. You could always buy FFT (Faster to the Fun) which allows you to pick a late or early disembarkation BUT still I would not book anything before noon.

I am not sure what you feel is "safe;" I have seen some people plan a 10:30 am flight planning to walk off their own luggage. Depending on the cruise, I may or may not have made that flight. One time, on the Legend we weren't off until almost 11 - there was a delay getting in port and through customs. Personally, I would say 12:30 pm and enjoy a relaxed breakfast if all goes well.

Had that on Freedom in Feb. Got off at 11am due to a customs delay.