Cyber Monday prices available now

iluvit!

Check your bookings, got a $74 price drop on my Allure 2018 cruise. Agents will need to call in to get the prices, mine could not see it on his site. $1547 for an ocean view balcony, never thought I could book the big girls for these prices!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ours all went up too. Ended up cancelling/rebooking our November '18 cruise switching from Harmony to Adventure though. Same itinerary for 8 days. 4 people in GS on Harmony was $6800 (inc. gratuities) when I booked initially. Was able to switch to Adventure (same week and ports) for $6300 inc. gratuities plus $400 Obc for a 2 bedroom GS! Smaller/older ship but we decided it was worth it to save $900 AND get a much larger suite!

RCI does not have sales. They are just promotions with different names every few days. In my observations, I've found the best priced cruises when there was NO "sale" at all. The prices fluctuate daily, it's a crap shoot. This past month I watched the same Oasis sailing go from $1200, to $700 and then to $900. They were all during "sale" periods.

Ours all went up too. Ended up cancelling/rebooking our November '18 cruise switching from Harmony to Adventure though. Same itinerary for 8 days. 4 people in GS on Harmony was $6800 (inc. gratuities) when I booked initially. Was able to switch to Adventure (same week and ports) for $6300 inc. gratuities plus $400 Obc for a 2 bedroom GS! Smaller/older ship but we decided it was worth it to save $900 AND get a much larger suite!

You are giving up complimentary internet and Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge in that switch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It was a tough decision, but for our family, the larger room was important. We just got off FOS a couple weeks ago and had a 2 br GS and it was great. Sometimes 4 in the same cabin can be a little too much family togetherness, lol! We try to avoid internet and "unplug" so wasn't too concerned with that. I will be bummed to not try Coastal Kitchen out though! Will definitely try to get back onto the Harmony at some point. We've been on Oasis already and really enjoyed it.

How do I find out about these things? Where do I look to see if there are discounts for my cruise. I booked through a TA.

Use Royal's website and do a mock booking of the same exact category stateroom on the same exact cruise.

Mock bookings result in one cruise actually being $476 higher and another $388 higher (both already had OBC as well). Continues to support the fact that early bookings render the best rates, despite any "sales".

The best deals this weekend (including today on Cyber Monday) appear to be for 2019 and beyond cruises.

Mock bookings result in one cruise actually being $476 higher and another $388 higher (both already had OBC as well). Continues to support the fact that early bookings render the best rates, despite any "sales".

The best deals this weekend (including today on Cyber Monday) appear to be for 2019 and beyond cruises.

Bookings 1+ years out definitely give you the best rates. The "sales" are just gimmicks. I am on an Oasis sailing on 12/17 that I purchased about a month in advance. I watched the prices fluctuate on a daily basis, thought I got a good deal, and made my purchase. I recently checked, and to take that same sailing around the same time in 2018 would be about $400 cheaper total for 2 people than what I paid this month. Granted, due to my work schedule it's impossible for me to commit to a vacation a year in advance, but theoretically, you are correct, that would have given me the best rate.

How can Royal run a genuine sale with their current lowest price guarantees

That guarantee only applies to bookings within the last 48 hours of the price drop, plus it's not promenently displayed anymore, so I don't think it affects that many people.