New Orleans Port.. Closest hotels to port!

missalex223

This is my first cruise! And im trying to figure out a decent hotel..close to the New Orleans port. Or a hotel that offers a shuttle to the port! The idea I have is to leave my car at the hotel (the hotel knowing I am leaving my car of course.) vs. buying the parking for the cruise at the port itself. And ideas..or tips?

We went out of NewOrleans & researched We found no hotels that provided shuttle to cruise port We stayed @ The Drury Inn It was great Had cocktails / appetizers every pm & popcorn & sodas daily Also included breakfast We went a few days pre cruise so we could explore Bourbon St etc I believe u may be able to park car in lot Call them directly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Hilton is the closest.

As far as I know, this is true. Be aware, though, that even though you can walk through the mall to get to the port, you have to get yourself and your luggage down a very tall set of stairs (about 2 stories) when you get to the end.

The Hilton is the closest.

Does the Hilton allow you to park your car there? free?

If you have any play at Harrah's you can also get a discounted room there.

I also do not think you can park your car in the lot w/o paying.

Drury Inn? They used to have free parking, then they stopped. Have they reinstated the free parking? That would be great. They're not close to the port, however.

As far as I know, this is true. Be aware, though, that even though you can walk through the mall to get to the port, you have to get yourself and your luggage down a very tall set of stairs (about 2 stories) when you get to the end.
I said it was the closest (which it is), I didn't say one could walk to the terminal, however, folks have reported that they have walked. I stay at Harrah's and take cab.

Does the Hilton allow you to park your car there? free?

If you have any play at Harrah's you can also get a discounted room there.

I also do not think you can park your car in the lot w/o paying.

I don't drive to New Orleans, so I don't know if the Hilton will allow one to park there for free.

Harrah's use to offer free parking to Diamond and above players, but not sure they still do.

I said it was the closest (which it is), I didn't say one could walk to the terminal, however, folks have reported that they have walked. I stay at Harrah's and take cab.

I didn't say that you said that. I said that you can, but there are issues with it as well.

The Hilton is the closest but it is expensive. The Country Inn and Suites on Causeway Blvd and the I-10 is about a 20 minute drive (without traffic) and they have a shuttle and you are allowed to leave your car. This hotel is nice and less expensive then staying in downtown New Orleans.

This is my first cruise! And im trying to figure out a decent hotel..close to the New Orleans port. Or a hotel that offers a shuttle to the port! The idea I have is to leave my car at the hotel (the hotel knowing I am leaving my car of course.) vs. buying the parking for the cruise at the port itself. And ideas..or tips?

JW Marriott

We went out of NewOrleans & researched We found no hotels that provided shuttle to cruise port We stayed @ The Drury Inn It was great Had cocktails / appetizers every pm & popcorn & sodas daily Also included breakfast We went a few days pre cruise so we could explore Bourbon St etc I believe u may be able to park car in lot Call them directly

How did you get to the port? It says its 1.3 miles away did you walk... take a taxi? Im sorry lol ive never done this before!! Thanks!

Harrah's still gives free parking to Diamond players. Just used it a few days ago.

It isn't hard to walk from Harrah's to the port. We've done it many times. It would be about the same from the Hilton.

Last time we walked through the outlet mall there was an elevator that took you down to ground level. If that isn't still there you can take the escalator down to ground level but you have to backtrack a little.

Taxis are plentiful and cheap in New Orleans. It is generally easiest to take a taxi to the port then you get out where the luggage is collected and go check in without any hassle. The vast majority of hotels in NOLA have high parking fees so you are better off finding a park and cruise package:

http://www.cruzely.com/10-convenient-new-orleans-park-and-cruise-hotels/

here is another option for just the parking at a cheaper rate:

http://www.neworleansparking.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5q3K4tW31wIVkksNCh161gyZEAAYASAAEgIaSvD_BwE

http://www.hi-neworleans.com/port-of-new-orleans-cruise-package

https://www.parksleephotels.com/Park-and-Cruise-Packages-at-New-Orleans-Cruise-Port.html

I hope you will take a pause before or after your cruise and enjoy New Orleans. It truly is one of the greatest cities in the United States and well worth a weeklong visit on its own.